Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jun-26-01, 13:44

Plan: CKD
Stats: 245/215/130
BF:
Progress:
Question Anyone know the symptoms?

I have diarrhea…gas…and stomach pain. Anyone know the symptoms?
I think I may have an ulcer! My stomach is KILLING ME! I was up off and on for the last couple of nights. And I’m staying sick to my stomach. I’m still low carbing…but I can’t seem to do much more than set or lay down. ITS DRIVING ME NUTTS!
I guess its an ulcer...or maybe a stomach virus?? I’m not sure.
I have been a little more stressed than usual with…
2 new dogs
Finding the RIGHT FOOD for them that wont kill my bank account!
{Must be low protein, low fat, and low calcium!! No Soy and the and the first ingredient must say chicken…lamb…ect! THEY ALL SAY CORN!!!}
Plus to top it of I took the baby and the new adult Dane in to have there check up and the puppy came out fine! THANK GODNESS! But the new male has a heart murmur! Hopefully that’s all it is! But there is a chance of in large heart…which means he will only live for 6 months!! This is common in Danes…especially LARGE ONES! And he is 135 lbs!

Anyway…if anyone knows these symptoms…please tell me what it was.
Anyway...I am hanging around...just not writing much!!
THANKS
LORRAINE
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jun-26-01, 14:03

BF:
Progress:
Talking Forgot to mention...

Don't ever try to stop a 135lbs. Great dane who is going after a 10 lb cat...by throwing up you leg! Ouch! I thought he just sprained it {if that is possiable!HA!} But the next morning I woke up SOAR AND BLACK AN BLUE! So I'm guessing he broke some blood vains! I'm lucky he didn't brake my leg! He's such a good boy! I really hope he is okay! Our vet cried when she heard the heart problem! She is such a GREAT VET!!
Lorraine
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jun-26-01, 23:51

Plan: Dr. Atkins
Stats: //185
BF:
Progress:

Hi. I am new here been lurking for a few days.

I have the same thing. Started the Atkins about a month ago and have been sick with dirrareha cramps and gas for 10 days. Whats up with this. Every bite of food i take sends me to the bathroom. Every sip I take sends me to the bathroom. And to top it off I have not lost any weight. I have more comming out than what is going in. LOL Should have lost a ton by know.

Hope someone has a answer to this problem.

Debbie
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Jun-27-01, 00:55
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Can't give you any advice with the gastric problems, but there is a virus going around...

Rainny, I'm praying that your Dane will be alright. Have you ever thought about making your own dog food? Something perhaps based on brown rice if it has to be low protein with no soy? I think my vet is wonderful too. If there was only a human doctor as good as my vet! How did you end up with two new dogs?

Karen
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Jun-27-01, 08:20

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 130/116/100
BF:
Progress:
Default could be

I had the same symptoms a few years ago and the first thing the doctor did was check for ulcers. Turns out I did have an ulcer, BUT I was also 3 monthes pregnant. So I guess the symptoms could have been from either the ulcers or the pregnancy.

I would consult a doctor if the symptoms last for more than 2 weeks, most stomache virusus won't last longer than that.

I will say that before the diet I was constantly constipated and since I have been LCing (only one week) I have improved remarkably.

I know I wasn't much help, but keep us posted.
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Jul-28-01, 19:54

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 175/155/130
BF:
Progress:
Default From Lorraine to Lorraine

Lorraine,

So nice to meet another Lorraine. Not a common name these days.

Anyway, I hope you Dane is OK. That does sound incredibly stressful. Most ulcers are caused by a bacteria. So, you you should definitely see a doctor if you think it is an ulcer. I am very much against taking antibiotics unless absolutely necessary, but it is very necessary if you do have an ulcer.

You should also consider food allergies or sensitivities. The symptoms fit. I developed a sensitivity to peanuts. The stomach pain was so intense. Now if I accidentally eat one, I am throwing up all night and diarrhea for 2 days! If you can identify the food, the cure is simple. But I do miss peanut butter, though.

Do your symptoms occur after eating certain foods or are they constant? Is the pain worse if you don't eat and better if you do? That is usually an ulcer. But definitely see a doctor if it continues.

I hope everything turns out OK!!
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Jul-31-01, 09:15

BF:
Progress:
Talking THANKS EVERYONE!

it may have been ulcers. I one who has to be almost died before I'll go to the doc. and well...I guess I wasn't close enough! ha! Cause I sure didn't go!
My dane seems to be doing okay. I have to take him and the puppy back in a couple of weeks for there check up...so we will see how it goes.
Thank everyone!

P.S. It is very nice to find another Lorraine! Hi there!