Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jun-25-01, 09:40

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 155/149/120
BF:
Progress:
Smile oops... cheated this weekend...

I cheated on the protein powetr plan... Having had an extremely hectic weekend, last night my husband came home with subway subs. As hungry as I was, I ate 1/2 sub.... bread and all. Yet, trying to focus on the diet, I took meat from to other part of the sub and pilled it on the the 1/2 I was eating....

This morning, I feel guilty and a little stuffed....Hopefully, I'll find the courage to get back on track....

On a different subject, do any of you miss eating fruit? How do you substitue? And, if you do eat fruit, could you pelase providemwe with a list. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jun-25-01, 11:10
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi Tatanya,

I don't know which wise person said - It doesn't matter how many times you fall off the wagon. What matters is how many times you get back on! It's true! Don't waste any time feeling guilty. Hop back on the wagon immediately.

I follow PP, and the guidelines for fruit are in PP. I don't miss eating fruit and you don't need a substitute. I'll eat berries in season, but what happens is I eat too many berries with too much whipping cream. So, I am now avoiding them. They will be a treat for maintenance.

I'm attaching an MS-excel spreadsheet that compares the composition of 10 oz. of raw spinach to a medium apple. As you will see, it's much better to eat the spinach!

Take heart! Negotiating through low-carb is so rewarding. Heres to a healthier, thinner you!

Karen
Attached Files
File Type: zip apple spinach comparison.zip (4.9 KB, 9 views)
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jun-25-01, 12:28
lizzy38

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:
Default I cheated!!!!

Hi Tatanya:

Holy mackarel, I have cheated a few times, and hey I just go on and honestly feel no guilt. I have still lost and going to still lose. Just have a good approach to it and remember your're just human and it happens. What Karen says about in season berries well Karen I have to watch it as a few berries with fresh whipping cream yum yummyyyyyyyy. boy do I ever have to watch it. Wow is whipping cream ever addictive and I hardly put any sugar in it. I get the real fresh whipping cream in small bottles like the old days, from Avalon Dairys. Umm Umm good.
Going back to you Tatanya girl just stick with it it's another day, so take care .

Lizzy
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Jun-26-01, 06:04
Registered Member

Plan:
Stats: 125/115/118120
BF:
Progress:

Don't worry about it!
I've been cheating everyday of last week, plus I took a whole week and a half off of exercising.
It's good for you every now and then.
I'm back on track as of yesterday!

Susie