Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#211   ^
Old Fri, May-10-02, 13:33

Plan: Weight Watchers
Stats: 220/160.4/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 99%
Talking Okay ... Littlefeat whooood me back....

I guess I haven't really fell out of site ... but just fell out huh???

I think I've dropped about 10 pounds since I've been here last .. couldn't find my last posting ... I'm still pretty previlant around the board ... just fell off of this thread ...

Actually to my embarassment ... I lost you guys ...
When you bring your activity up in your profile.. which is what I do, they have the "unsubscribe" so totally close to Reply... so I accidentally hit the unsubscribe... and haven't been able to find you guys ... ??? couldn't remember where the original post was...
I do have Amber and Teridoodle in my buddy list ... but that just tells whether thay are on line or not ... OOOOO I'm just so totally confooselled????

Okay I found you again ... traced my tracks through Littlefeats PM... and did a search for the "140" part of the title...

Okay ... It's been a rough couple a days ... ... I did change my pic though ... alittle bit more on the lighter side... and no longer living in the past (last one was about 20 years ago... this one is from about a week ago)

Talk later... and I'm glad to be back....
Sponsored Links
  #212   ^
Old Fri, May-10-02, 14:55
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 275/246/140
BF:
Progress: 21%
Default She's Back-Yahoo!

PrincessPP we are so glad you are back and that I was able to find you. Don't go losing us again.

Like the new picture. Weren't you a redhead before??? Losing weight like you have has really changed your hair color. I'm red headed. Does that mean when I get close to your weight, I will become an attractive blonde??

Never been blonde but, both of my sister's are. I was the only red head born out of the lot. Weird huh?

Glad to see you are on track. It is fantastic!

Blessings,
  #213   ^
Old Fri, May-10-02, 15:46

BF:
Talking Sorry Little....

The other pic was as a blonde too ... always have been blonde, but the other picture being so dark, made it look strawberry ... but nope.... grew up blonde, and always have been blonde ...

I'm glad I found you too ... when I first lost this thread ... I was so upset ... because I liked all the people in here, you, Terry, Amber, Tama ... etc... (I see there are a few new names)... and they don't give a secondary option of "do you really want to do this" ... but just zzzzzzappppp you out!!! I was bummed...

I guess I coulda pm'd Terry ... but never really thought of that ...

Oh well ... what's past is past ... and in the present !!!! IIIIIIMMMMMM BAAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCKKKK -- Ya miss me????

Talk later
  #214   ^
Old Sat, May-11-02, 15:43

Stats: 225/182/170 Female 64"
BF:
Progress: 78%

We are so glad that you are back, Sally! We were kinda wondering where you were! Congrats on the big 'ole loss! Hope I get there soon! (I gettin' close!)

Another 3 pounds gone. I knew I was bloated, then another week of easy wonderful food, and WHOOSH! I'm on the scale reading a solid 182! YAY! I think I'm a week or two away from the halfway point!

Tomorrow I going fishing! I am so excited! I have been wanting to go for a long time and just put it off. My husband is dragging me out to fish. I am going to enjoy sitting and relaxing by the river. Now, if only it won't rain.......

I talked to my mother in law and she said that my father in law is doing the low carb and he will be going and getting the Atkins book soon. I told her to make sure he wants to do Atkins and told her the names of the other low carb books. That way, he can find what is best for him. She said he is very determined!

Anyway, have to go. I've got a b-day party for my brother's daughter. Se you all later! Amber
  #215   ^
Old Sat, May-11-02, 16:00

BF:
Talking Hi Everyone!!!!

The weather is cold, damp and yuccky here today and having a major case of the munchies... so decided to come upstairs and surf through the site for awhile .... and beat myself up later ... and yet I'm just sitting here contemplating what to have for dinner ... but I made a small batch of french onion soup since it is so totally yucky here today .... so I think that's what I'm having ....

Okay ... everyone have a SUPER WEEKEND ....
Talk later
  #216   ^
Old Sat, May-11-02, 17:25
Registered Member

Stats: 146/146/130 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hi Princesspp:

Glad you are back. Your photo is great. We all get off track from time to time. The trick is to get back on asap. When I break off a little, and I do mean a little these days. Maybe have crackers with coffee in the morning. That is the worst for me these days. I used to really go way off. So you see, once you make up your mind to lose weight, you begin a new behavior pattern.
I never thought that would work with me, but I am there.
I feel great.

Keep up the good work.
  #217   ^
Old Sun, May-12-02, 07:47

BF:
Talking Hi everyone ...

Guess I'm making up for lost time huh????

Thanks for the extra little pick me up Sandy ... it helped, and yup I'm back on track.... I don't know what hit me yesterday, but whatever it is I think it's gone... I must've drank my water good though, cuz I woke up this morning at 168 ... so with everything that I ate my body still didn't punish me ... I have a problem with anything with 8's at the end ... that's usually my stuck point ... and I've found that if I really very strictly watch what I eat and cut back on the calories (and go hungry) I can get to 166 .. but as soon as I "eat" again be it good or bad .. I end up back at 168!!! So right now my weight is fluctuating between 169 and 166 ... ergo the 168 ... are we confused yet ... I am...

Anyway ... just swinging by to wish all a very happy Mothers day, and have a wonderful rest of the weekend......
Talk later
  #218   ^
Old Sun, May-12-02, 20:39
Registered Member

Stats: 146/146/130 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default I get stuck at 140

Hi Princesspp:

Join a new club; (I ate it all club). I went a bit overboard today celebrating mom's day. Sweet potato/cinnamon butter, 2 scoops of strawberry ice cream, 1 scoop pistachio ice cream in a cup. Is that sick or what.
Could you believe I did that after going to the gym in the a.m. and using the tread mill for half an hour. freeweights, hot tub, steam room. I felt great. Then I blew it

Oh well, tomorrows another day. I do real good when I'm not at outings. I'm glad I won't be seeing this gang for a while.
Their what I call the eating enemies.

As for your being stuck. I find that happens to me too. DON'T GET ON THE SCALE!!!!!. IF you are looking good and feeling good only get on the scale every few weeks, this way you won't know when your on pause : When you do get on a few weeks later, you would have come down some.

I tend to gain 5 pounds in 2 days if I eat salty foods. They don't even have to be very salty. I swell up like a balloon. So I stay away from the scale.

Tomorrow it's back to shakes. I really do feel good when I don't eat heavy.

Take care. Have a great week. Keep up the good work. We're in this for the long haul.
  #219   ^
Old Mon, May-13-02, 05:52
Starting Over!

Plan: Protein Power LifePlan
Stats: 182/178/150 Female 67 inches
BF:Jiggley mess
Progress: 13%

Well, well.....look what the cat dragged in!! Welcome back Princess!!! We surely did miss you! Looks like you're doing so great too!! Congratulations!! And I love the new pic...you're a doll!

AMBER!!! 3 lbs!! YEA!!!!! That must feel GREAT!!?!?? Way to go GIRL!!! How was fishing??

Sandy, Sandy, Sandy.....don't beat yourself up over it....but don't do that to yourself again!!!!! Doesn't it make you feel yucky??!? Maybe you oughta write it down on a little piece of paper all the ways that it affected you and read it next time BEFORE you reach for a bowl of ice cream!! You don't wanna feel yucky, do ya?? Well, that's how we learn, isn't it?? Just chalk it up and move on!

I have an announcement: (drumroll please) I made it through 2-1/2 days in New Orleans without cheating!!! No desserts, no bread, no fried foods at all. I get some kind of big prize, don't I??? Ok, well, the worst thing I did was drink bourbon and diet coke a few times. BUT....hey!!.... No dessert at Commander's Palace??? The waiter looked at me with such pity!! I told him I was diabetic and they were happy to bring out a big plate of strawberries and whipped cream for me

We had a GREAT time....what a crazy town that is!!! After 3 days of gambling, we were only down $100....THAT is how I spell success. WHEW!! And now back to the real world...... YECH!

Ya'll have a wonderful day!!
  #220   ^
Old Mon, May-13-02, 14:38

BF:
Talking Not only did the cat drag in ....

the dogs had a tug of war with ....

I'm glad I was missed ... I'm really careful about where my mouse lies in my profile activity page now ...

Had a great weekend .. spent the afternoon yesterday with mom and dad ... mom helped me with a few little cleanup crafts that I needed for tomorrows "lobsterfest" .. and then we made angels ... they actually turned out cute, and it bided the time a bit ... and we had a ball !!!! we couldn't stop laughing!!!

Today back on track ...

Just surfing around catching up on my reading ... ...
Talk later all !!!
  #221   ^
Old Wed, May-15-02, 14:44

BF:
Talking Hi everyone ....

Boy ... I come back and everyone scatters .... Hmmmmm?
Probably means there's people on this site that have a life ... Huh??? ...

Threw a before and after pic on my journal ... and boy ... I didn't see it before... but with the two pics side by side there is definatly a difference ... Jumped on the scale this morning .. and thought it was jammed .. It STUCK on 164!!!! Now I gotta hold it till Friday - An official weighin ...

Well -- Just wanted to stop in and say Hi'Ya!!!

HiYa!!!!
Talk later
  #222   ^
Old Wed, May-15-02, 15:44

Plan: atkins
Stats: 230/220/150 Female 64in
BF:
Smile wait for me!

hey all, wait for me! I am looking for 140 too! I am actually starting my atkins diet tomorrow and have about 70-75 lbs to lose, but hopefully with all the support, that will not be a problem! good luck to everyone and have a nice day!

susane
  #223   ^
Old Wed, May-15-02, 17:30
Starting Over!

Plan: Protein Power LifePlan
Stats: 182/178/150 Female 67 inches
BF:Jiggley mess
Thumbs up Way to go Sally!!!!!!

Wow!! I took a look at your pics and WHAT AN AMAZING DIFFERENCE!!! You must be thrilled!!! And THEN the whoosh fairy comes for ANOTHER visit!! What IS your secret, girl????? I'm so proud of you....just think another 24 measley little ol' pounds!! CONGRATULATIONS ON A SUPERB JOB!!!

C'mon Susane!!! Jump on the 140 train and we'll be happy to help you along the way!

Off to play tennis!......
  #224   ^
Old Wed, May-15-02, 17:51

Plan: atkins
Stats: 230/220/150 Female 64in
BF:
Cool y'all are wonderful!

thanks Terridoddle, you all are great. Tomorrow is my first big day. i will definately be on here tomorrow for some support! Chat with ya later. once again, thanks!

susane
  #225   ^
Old Wed, May-15-02, 20:14

Plan: SBD + Exercise
Stats: 218/211/135 Female 64"
BF:
Progress: 8%

Hi everyone,

I've been on this forum for over a month and just found this thread, guess I haven't been very observant . Actually, I saw Susane's intro post, responded and then noticed she was in here. So, if your all up to another not so newbie, I would love to join in I really enjoy reading about other people's struggles and victories. There is sooooo much to learn from one another.

CYA soon,