Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, May-09-02, 08:51

Plan: atkins
Stats: 188/139/140
BF:
Progress: 102%
Default Flax Oil and a rash?

Im sure I have read on other posts in here that some people experience a rash when taking flax seed oil. Well seems I just may be one of them..lol [actually im scratching not laughing] I started taking it 3 months ago with no problems but since last friday I start with a reddish itchy spot under my ear, then it moved to below my other ear, and now I have a spot in the middle of my neck. Has anyone else experienced this? And what should I take instead.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, May-10-02, 00:48
Registered Member

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 180/160/160 Male 5.7
BF:
Progress: 100%
Lightbulb Flax oil hardly any better than corn oil?

Quote:
Originally posted by gwilson38
And what should I take instead.
I read elsewhere that a German study on rats recorded the incidence of ventricular fibrillation after various 10 week diets showed that flax oil (40%) performed barely better than... corn oil (44%)! What to take instead? Fish oil.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, May-10-02, 04:05

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: //2002
BF:and feeling great
Progress: 99%

Hey Gale - I've not heard of a food item taking that long to react in your system, unless you increased the amount? Or suddenly developed a sensitivity? If you quit the oil altogether, and it is the culprit, it should cease almost immediately.

Get off it a week and see, but I have my doubts (not that I fancy myself a nutritionist and a dermotoligist, just a 'know-it-all' and caring friend )