Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Jun-14-01, 14:32
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 304/240/180
BF:
Progress: 52%
Question Weight Loss Results and sweet indulges

I gained 4 pounds during the memorial weekend could of been just water but still upsets me when I gain so I decided to stay off the scales for about 10 days, well last night at the gym I got on the scales I lost the 4 pounds I gained plus 2.5 pounds that is 44.5 lbs. in 4.5 months. I am however upset with myself because I have let my sweet cravings give in and I have been sneeking in 2 or 3 little miniture candies in everyday for the past 3 days I know I don't want to do this and I tell myself no and still do it any way (SOO CONFUSED) I don't want to screw up what I am doing for myself. Especially since I have done so good (302.5/257/175).
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jun-14-01, 17:15
Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/190/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 50%
Smile hi Christine

I'm glad those extra lbs came off ... and 44.5 lbs in less than 5 months isn't shabby at all!! Wow, good work!

As for the little candies, you just might have to go cold turkey with those ... don't have them in the house, get rid of them from your purse, and the glove compartment. That's the only thing that works for me ..

You can do this!

Doreen
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Jun-14-01, 17:28

Stats: 162/162/135
BF:
Progress: 0%

hi christine!
i'm just echoing doreen, GET RID OF THE CANDIES!! sorry to shout at you like that, but the candies are POISON!! unless they're lc of course! those little candies are making you crave them! sugar really tries to hook you! you really have to get rid of all the sugar in your diet for 2 weeks! please just give it 2 weeks. i know from experience that your cravings will vanish! you may go through serious carb withdrawal. headaches, nausea! it's like coming off some potent drug! i personally believe that sugar is a drug, a deadly drug!
sorry! didn't mean to preach to you! i really think that you'll be happier in the long run if you cut out the candies!
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Jun-14-01, 17:32
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%

I agree, dump them

I posted recently about my accident drinking real coke thinking it was diet, that sent my cravings through the roof! I didn't even want to a real coke, but once the sugar did it's work on me, I realized the true nature of sugar addiction!

Wa'il
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Jun-14-01, 18:24

Plan:
Stats: 175/140/130
BF:
Progress:
Default Cheating

I have heard for years that once you cheat a time or two it becomes easier and easier. Of course that was talking about extra marital stuff!!
But the same works for dieting.
And here is the best advice I can give you...

STOP CHEATING on yourself!!
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Jun-14-01, 18:29

Plan: Under 20 carbs a day
Stats: 150/150/135
BF:
Progress:

This is what I do when I get one of those cravings. You take cream cheese, which has >1 carb per serving. I put Equal on that and 5 semi sweet chocolate chip morsals, which for 30 chips has 10 carbs, so for 5 chips, that is about 3 carbs, I put that in the microwave for about 10-20 seconds then I mix it up. It actually tastes pretty good and cures that sweet craving. I have done this and still lost weight, just an idea!!!!
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Jun-15-01, 11:25
Registered Member

Stats: 304/240/180
BF:
Progress: 52%

Thanks each and everyone of you for the support and advise. I however don't have any candy at home or in the glove box, or purse see they have this Big bowl of candy sitting on the counter in my office for the kids who attend the Speech and Language Clinic. But I would like to say that I have stayed out of that bowl today so far and have every intention on staying out of it. Thanks again everyone. . .
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Jun-15-01, 11:29
Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/190/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 50%
Lightbulb suggestion

How about removing that bowl of candy from the office?? The kids don't really need the cavity-food either .... How about a basket of stickers, or a nifty new pencil-topper, or some other non-candy favor?

Just a thought (and glad you're doing well .. )

Doreen
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Jun-16-01, 07:47

Stats: 183/143/140
BF:
Progress: 93%

Hi there,
My two cents...I have been taking Chromium daily, seems to help with my sugar cravings.