Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Apr-17-02, 16:13

Plan: atkins
Stats: 168/159/130
BF:
Progress: 24%
Default Hi

Hi

Gee I have never really been part of a support group ---I have some questions though--I am interested in knowing if exercise INCREASES the weight loss with the LC diet. I am new at this diet too. Many people have been non supportive of me in this method of lifestyle change, but this is my body and I am doing with it as I see fit! Oh another question--I am using those ketosis sticks that indicate whether one is in ketosis or not--Well I am not yet on the deep purple, but the dark maroon color right before it--Am I in Ketosis?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Apr-17-02, 16:19

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/167/167 Female 167cm
BF:45%/25.5%/20%
Progress: 100%

hi Indy

Welcome aboard. You'll find heaps of help and support here and the site is full of great information.

As for your questions. Yes exercise will help. It will speed up your metabolism and help burn your fat. Don't do too much too fast though until your body adjusts to the new way of eating. If you go to the exercise forums you il get loads of help and advice.

Plus, ketosis is ketosis. Even the faintest pink on the stix is good. In fact dark is not better as it usually means that you aren't drinking enough water.

Have a good nosey around, and we all look forward to hearing from you some more.

lesley
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Apr-17-02, 16:21
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%

Welcome aboard Indy,

You're in ketosis, and no need to be in the darkest range. Exercise is definitly a great help to weight-loss, particularly resistance training. Check out the exercise forums for ideas.

Wa'il
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Apr-17-02, 17:09

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 164/130/132
BF:
Progress: 106%

Welcome Indy!!

You've come to the right place to get all the help you need!!
Browse around and get all kinds of info.
Ketosis..... Lesley is right. Darker is not better. Too dark means not enough water.

Lots of luck to you!! Happy LCing!!
Ellie
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Apr-17-02, 22:22

Plan: atkins
Stats: 168/159/130
BF:
Progress: 24%
Default Thanks!!

Thanks for the info guys!!!! If I mess around with this site long enough I'll get the hang of it!

Indy