Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Apr-11-02, 12:56

Plan: lower carb
Stats: 186/186/140 Female 52 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default WOW Im on a high

Hi all,

Im on a great high right now.. I had a student from school today while I was out in the hall way say wow Mrs. Kennedy you getting skinny.. That just made me feel great... Its nice when the students begin to notice things like that.. Makes you feel good.

Thanks all I just had to share that ..

Tammy
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Apr-11-02, 16:39
Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/190/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 50%
Talking

Congrats Tammy, and you bet you should feel great. You deserve it becaue YOU did all the hard work!!
Here's to continued low carb success

Doreen
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Apr-11-02, 17:28

BF:

Thank You Doreen... you are right I deserve it... I also got into a pair of jeans I havent worn in over 4 years...Infact they look brand spanking new... After this pair is gone I will have to go buy some.. Hubby commented lastnight that my pants that I Just got into about 7 weeks ago are baggy in the rear end.. So having to wash and dry on high heat to make them shrink that only last for a couple of hours then baggy again.. But its great.. I do feel so much better than I use to... I had a friend ask me today How do you do it..not eat any sweets... I say its easy.. I do eat sweets they have now just changed... They are legal sweets now... and limited.. I finaly feel like I have some control over my food.. First time in a long time... Use to let food control me and now it dosent... Eat to live instead of live to Eat......

Thanks again

Tammy
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Apr-11-02, 21:10

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 293/288.2/199 Female 5 foot 11 inches
BF:38%/??/25%
Progress: 5%
Default YEAH

Tammy

I think that a student tell you that says alot, We all know that kids don't usually notice those things and then to actually tell you--Thats AWESOME

Keep it up

Sonja
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Apr-12-02, 06:14

Plan: Atkins KISS
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

Yeah, and it's a REAL compliment too, because kids tend to speak the truth no matter appropriateness for the moment (I used to teach) ...and this one made a compliment! ...a rare happening! And no doubt true if coming from a kid!
----------------------
Speaking of compliments, I'm at my parents house on vacation. Some painters arrived at the house and saw me sitting here at the computer in the den. They were speaking to my Dad about painting the den and one of them took a good look at me and said to him, "Well, looks like your daughter is home from college".
--- I'll be closer to 40 years old in May. That comment made my year! NO way I looked my AGE 20 pounds heavier for sure! (4 years ago) , in fact THEN people would asked me how old my children were (without even knowing if I had kids or not!)...wow, my body was SHOT, I looked exhausted and tired and they just made the assumption...awful huh? So aren't compliments great, especially when people make honest mistakes on age or genuinely notice weightloss?
---------------------
Hey, let's make this a BRAG thread! Anyone else?
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Apr-12-02, 16:40

BF:

Great to all of you ....You all are doing so great...... Very true you dont get complements from a 4th grade student everyday.. And great on the complements from the painters.... I hope i can start looking younger in the near future...

Thanks so much all

Tammy
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Apr-12-02, 16:56

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 265/244/145 Female 62inches
BF:
Progress: 18%

Wow, Tammy! That is fabulous. And you've just given me something to look forward too in this. Can't wait to hear my own fourth graders tell me the same thing!

Jeanette
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Apr-12-02, 17:24

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 218/196/155
BF:
Progress: 35%

Tammy,

I am really happy for you. I know that I live for those little things that people notice. I am sitting here smiling for you. I have a fifth grader and I know that they are not out to give flattery. Funny as iit is that child probably didn't even know how great it was for you to hear such a comment. Keep up the good work. I look forward to hearing more about the compliments that you are getting.

Ellie...
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Apr-12-02, 19:25

Plan: Dukan
Stats: 229/185/154 Female 168cm
BF:
Progress: 59%

A compliment from a child is the best of all.
They are so brutally honest and for a young one to notice something like weight loss (not high on there list of priorities ) well no wonder you were thrilled to bits.

Roll on the day when my 10 year old says something nice

Loved your story too nsmith4366
  #10   ^
Old Sat, Apr-13-02, 06:38

Plan: Atkins for now.
Stats: 135/?/115? Female Short. 5"3
BF:Don't wanna know.
Progress: 15%
Smile aww!

Quote:
Originally posted by Bloom
A compliment from a child is the best of all.
They are so brutally honest and for a young one to notice something like weight loss (not high on there list of priorities ) well no wonder you were thrilled to bits.

Roll on the day when my 10 year old says something nice

Loved your story too nsmith4366

ya I agree, compliments from kids have to be the best because they're so honest. Theres no hidden meaning, like if just someone says it trying to suck up or something..lol

You must look hella good for a child to even notice lol Congrats

ps Bloom- Something nice from a 10 yr old would probably be like "Hey mom, your not fat anymore" LOL (jk!!)
  #11   ^
Old Sat, Apr-13-02, 09:38

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Kids can for sure be brutally honest. One of the reasons that I finally decided to do something about my weight (other than the serious health problems that I was having) is that my 1st grade daughter came home from school crying because some of the kids were teasing her saying her mom was a fat hippo. At 5' 3" weighing 260 lbs, I had to agree with their assessment (cruel as it was). It also gave me a good chance to have a long talk with my daughter (after I got done crying) about how what a person looks like on the outside isn't nearly as important as the kind of person that they are. Beauty is only skin deep, but mean goes all the way to the bone! It's wonderful that one of your students noticed your weight loss and made a POSITIVE comment about it..that must feel WAY good!
  #12   ^
Old Sat, Apr-13-02, 11:05

BF:

Thanks lisa,

I know how you feel.. My little one said to me one day your fat.. Out of the mouth of a 6 year old at the time when we were going to go skating.. He ask if they make skates for a fat person... I was like in shock.. and said YES!!!!!!!!!!... But the straw that broke the cammels back was when i went to wallmart and wanted to buy a sex set of pj's... Had to get a 3 x shirt in order to be able to wear the top eventhough i needed an xl in the pants.. I was so upset... I said thats it.. Never again.... I jumped on the wagon that week and bought the book the following week and havent looked back since.. Im going out to buy another book as I lent mine out a few days a go to a lady who wanted to read it.. I figured if she wanted to read it she can have it Ill buy me another one .... Thanks for all your responses...It means so much to me.. I have been so happy here lately... Feelign better about my self thats the best acomplishment so far... and the support I get from my family... Im taking my life back...

Thanks again to everyone

Tammy
  #13   ^
Old Sat, Apr-13-02, 11:06

BF:
Default OPPPPS mistake

I meant to say sexy pair of pj's

Sorry if i threw soem people in shock
  #14   ^
Old Sat, Apr-13-02, 12:27

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Not in shock, Tammy....actually got a good chuckle out of it.
  #15   ^
Old Sat, Apr-13-02, 12:34

Plan: Atkins for now.
Stats: 135/?/115? Female Short. 5"3
BF:Don't wanna know.
Progress: 15%
Exclamation LOL!!

Quote:
Originally posted by rtjdk2
a sex set of pj's...

LOL!!

Next time ya could just click on "edit" and fix it..lol