Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Apr-07-02, 22:32

Plan: PP
Stats: 221.5/218/154
BF:
Progress: 5%
Talking Hi everyone

Well...I have been advised by my doctor to give this a try...tried everything else to try and lose weight so I thought why not....I spent last night reading the protein power book, and was really excited...was going to start today....untill I looked in the fridge and found......CARBS and lost of them....argh!!.. So am going to eat them...well finish them off (moneys a bit tight and cant bare the thought of throwing it away)...then start after the next shop....hoping I can do this.....

Anyway that's me ..... HI
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Apr-07-02, 22:36

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 296/278/179 Female  5'8
BF:
Progress: 15%

Hi, Mel. Welcome!

Glad you're psyched after reading Protein Power -- are you sure you can't toss, or give away, some of those carbs in the fridge? Sometimes it's a good idea to start NOW. Otherwise, it's tempting to have a "this is my last chocolate bar" weekend.

If you absolutely can't bare to part with them, maybe you can stay psyched by reading recipes and planning menus, and reading the forums here to get you in the mood

Whichever way you choose, good luck to you and I hope you stay in touch with us and let us know how you're doing
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Apr-07-02, 22:41

BF:

Yeah...thanks....thats why Im here at the mo...to keep the motivation up and organise the recipes, and the finer details......fingers crossed and hard work about to start
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Apr-07-02, 22:46

Plan: Atkins-ish, post-WLS
Stats: 408.0/288.0/168.0 Male 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 50%

Greetings and welcome aboard!

I had a similar hesitation to throw away all the carby foods I had. But I asked myself how many additional pounds those carbs represented that I would have to lose and I chucked them - except for some stuff that is useful in my survival kit where I will hardly be concerned about staying LC. I easily threw out over $100 worth of food and it hurt - but not nearly as much as taking positive control of my future felt good! You can also give it away, especially to a foodbank.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Apr-08-02, 02:21

Plan: Atkins & Schwarzbein
Stats: 234/157/90 Female 4' 6"
BF:56.4%/38.8%/23.9%
Progress: 53%
Arrow

Hi Mel

Good to have you join the forum. I remember reading the book and then looking in the fridge to. Yes I did wait until the next shop and then went out and got lots of meat, fish, salad veg etc. There are still some ice cream sitting in my freezer, waiting for a good home, but I'm not tempted to eat them now.

Like you, I think the books are quite inspirational and have now read 4 of them.

So next time you shop get on to it. Keep a food diary and ensure that you get the right mix of foods. Why not register with Fitday.com so that you can see at a glance what you are eating.

Make the change and take control of your life.
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Apr-09-02, 02:02

BF:
Thumbs up thanks little Ann

That fitday.com site was great....very helpful...
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Apr-12-02, 15:20

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 218/196/155
BF:
Progress: 35%

WELCOME!,

I know that when I am feeling like I can't go another day without carbs. I can log on and read everyone else's tribulations, it helps me to know that I am not the only one going through this. Good Luck and keep reading. I have read some of my books multiple times and am still learning stuff that I didn't know when I read them the first time. Let us know if your having trouble and we help you get back on board and the right track.

Take Care,
Ellie...