Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Apr-04-02, 12:14

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 224/218/130
BF:
Progress: 6%
Smile Hello Low Carb Forum

I started the Atkins Induction phase 2 weeks ago and did well except for Easter weekend at my mother in-laws. I got into sugar and it's taken me until today to begin to be able to say no to myself when I feel I want sugar. It does help that on the Atkins diet, I can eat as much as I want (within reason) as long as it's low carb.
I'm looking forward to being part of thei forum and having diet "buddies" to encourage me along.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Apr-04-02, 16:45
Forum Moderator

Stats: 235/135/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%
Smile

Hello Corrie, welcome to the forum!

I see you've already started a journal, good on you.

Don't worry too much about Easter - I think the Easter bunny is really this fellow!
We all succumb to temptation now and then. All you can do is forgive yoursalf and get back to it.
Are you taking any supplements? I have found that chromium and L-glutamine are a tremendous help in fighting those sweet cravings.
Keep up the good work, Corrie.

Rosebud
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Apr-04-02, 16:56

Plan: Atkins-ish, post-WLS
Stats: 408.0/288.0/168.0 Male 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 50%

Greetings and welcome aboard!

Definitely don't worry about the slip too much. Everyone does. Take the opportunity to learn from it and move on. In this case, try to figure out why the slip occured, what you might have been able to do to avoid it and, more importantly, what might have allowed you to get back on track the next day instead of several days later. If you can do that, then next time you slip you might be able to get on track a day quicker. Then a day quicker still the next time until you will be able to bounce right back on the wagon after a slip.

Cheers!
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Apr-04-02, 21:39

Stats: 287.4/255/155 Female 5' 6"
BF:
Progress: 24%
Smile Welcome

Corrie,

Welcome to the board. Mistakes happen, right? What have you learned about your sugar binge? Did it make you feel yucky? What about energy? How addictive is sugar to you?

The lessons you learn through making bad choices can only strengthen you as you take one step at a time on your LC journey. Hopefully you will share what you have learned with us. No matter how long I am LCing, there is still much to learn and I especially like reading about other folks 'lessons'.

Start a journal (it gives us a place to come visit you) and post lots.
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Apr-05-02, 23:17

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 296/278/179 Female  5'8
BF:
Progress: 15%

Hi, corrie. You'll find lots of diet buddies here, and lots of encouragement.

A lot of people slip up at the beginning. This IS an adjustment, and the more you were either accustomed to eating sugar, or addicted to it, the more of an adjustment you need to make.

It's great that you're looking at this as a slip and getting back on program -- that's a good sign

Good luck on your journey and please post often so that we can see how you're doing
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Apr-07-02, 08:17

Stats: 224/218/130
BF:
Progress: 6%
Default Thanks

Thanks for all your words of support.
I really am addicted to sugar, a lifetime of addiction has taught me (my addiction) all the buttons to push to overcome resistance, "just one won't hurt, it would taste so good, I am unhappy, stressed, tired, etc.
I read something in this forum along the lines of, "Don't let today's wants get in the way of tomorrow's dreams (goals)." This little statement helps me alot!
Corrie