Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#361   ^
Old Sun, Mar-31-02, 21:06
Pending Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 215/145/120
BF:
Progress: 74%
Default Good evening and Happy Easter

Well I am glad that is over. I love my family but the food was so tempting. I make it through the day without breaking my low carb way of eating. The m&m's kept calling to me. I ate allot of protein and drank allot of water. I gave away the candy, cakes and pies to the relatives to take home. I ate very little.
I had a piece of ham and turkey, green beans, 1 deviled egg, 1/2 cup of low carb dressing. For breaking my lent, I had reese peanut butter cheese cake and low carb peanut butter ice cream.
Tonight I had 9 frozen strawberries with splenda.
I hope everyone of my petite friends had a wonderful Easter and Dinky don't worry about not eating the right food just start again tomorrow.
Welcome to our new petite ladies and we will make it through this together.
Donna
Sponsored Links
  #362   ^
Old Sun, Mar-31-02, 22:00

Plan: Dr. Atkins
Stats: 225/196/160 Female 5' 1"
BF:
Progress: 45%
Default Arggh..chocolate bunnies!!!

Dinky, it was great reading your upbeat message....you went off a little but are ready to go back tomorrow....I feel terrible...the chocolate bunnies were just calling me.....eat me, eat me, eat me....I lost it, and chowed high carb today.....not too much chocolate, but a piece of really good German bread, some cinnamon rolls, fruit salad.....and some fruit bread....and ok, some jelly beans, a bloody mary....a little frosting....argghh....I actually feel physically lousy right now! I guess sugar has a major affect. I am crabby, tired and bloated!

What was I thinking!??? Well it is back on induction tomorrow....that's it.....there isn't a reason to cheat myself....and I certainly don't feel good about it physically or mentally......I am afraid to weigh myself tomorrow...so I think I will not bother....no sense in getting more bummed out....tomorrow will be a better day!

I really did have a nice time with both sides of our family today, the weather was beautiful....we are now officially in "mud" season here....the snow is quickly vanishing. The flowers are sticking up out of the snow, so I will try to think positive thoughts again, and not be too tough on myself....someone once said to me...that we are only human.....and I have repeated that to other folks who have strayed from this woe....I just have to keep saying it to me!!!!

I hope you guys fared better than myself, but tomorrow is a new day!

We have a new baby goat (a French Alpine).....not from Emma, but I bought this one from a cheese making farm a few towns away.....she is adorable....hope no one is dissapointed, but her name just appeared to me.....her mom's name is Maple and her Dad's name is Fred....now my father in law is named Fred too, and he makes Maple Cream, which is maple syrup heated to a candying point and is actually a sweet sugary spread that is great on toast....believe it or not it is really too sweet for me, my DH loves it! SOoo...since Dad makes maple cream.....and the goat is black from the knees up and cream colored from her knees down......Maple Cream it is....we can call her Creamy for short...she is two weeks old. I bottle fed her for the first time yesterday, and today she was really sucking down the formula.....it was really quite fun.

When I get some photos developed, I will try to figure out how to post them here.....if nobody minds....that is....so I guess I can name my goat after a sweet sugar substance....as long as I just call the goat that and don't eat the actual stuff! LOL

I have one more goat that is pregnant and due to kid around April 26th.....hopefully she will be more successful than Emma...and then we can all name the baby/ies.....

We can and will do this together people!
Cheers,
Carol

PS: Perhaps we can name the next one Splenda?! I hope you all had a wonderful day with your families and friends.
  #363   ^
Old Sun, Mar-31-02, 22:25

Plan: protein power
Stats: 265/134/120
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hello all my friends,
Hope you all had a wonderful day!!!!

From the looks of it I'm not the only one that gave into temptation, the chocolate covered peanut butter eggs, were more than I could handle and then my daughter got these chocolate orange things OH MY!!!
My stomach is not happy right now...when will I learn...Oh well
enough of that, back to square one tomorrow....but I'm not weighing myself till Saturday....gives me time to get back to my regular routine....
It's 1 week nicotine free....I feel great.....
Donna you sure sound like you were well behaved!!!!
And as for Dinky, Carole and myself lets put this behind us and go back tomorrow.....
Have a good night
Louise
  #364   ^
Old Sun, Mar-31-02, 22:47
Registered Member

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 167/125/115
BF:
Progress: 81%

Hi Ladies-

I hope everyone enjoyed their Easter! Although I did not give into temptation today, I did the last few days. I was prepared today to meet the challenge and made a low-carb cheesecake. I did not eat the stuff shells or the italian bread. Unfortunately the last few days I ate my share of chocolate. We had parties at wotk and Icouldn't resist. I know I need to get back on track ASAP. I'm a little frightened to get on the scale tomorrow. And to top it all off it's the beginning of my TOM. Oh joy.

Danielle
  #365   ^
Old Mon, Apr-01-02, 05:47

Stats: 147/138/125
BF:
Progress: 41%
Default Back to day one----

Well, I'm back to day one again and pumped! I've been off Atkins for a week and stepped on the scale and was up almost 5 pounds. But that's what I get. I now have to lose what I've already lost...AGAIN!!!! But, I'm not gonna let that get me down. I'm willin' and ready to go again...

Ranger, I think that's so neat about your goats! How many do you have? We had thought about the little pigmy goats. I have two kids, 7 and 2, and thought that would be a neat for them. I am an animal lover. We have 2 cats, 2 rabbits, 2 dogs, and are horse sitting going on 5 months now. The horse will be gone in a couple of weeks (the owners found a closer place to board her until they build their barn) which will be perfect because our chickens will be in about a month.

Thanks for all of your welcomes and I will be checking quite a bit since I'm a stay at home mom. I wish everyone a great day!
  #366   ^
Old Mon, Apr-01-02, 06:57
Registered Member

Plan: veggie low carb
Stats: 131/131/105 Female 4'11''
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default me too...

i can officially add my name to the list of easter cheaters...actually i cheated for about 3 days. But I knew that I would be because I went to my parents house and then my boyfriend's parents house and neither moms understand if you don't eat, eat, eat! They get offended! So, I kinda knew that I would be eating some bad stuff (well, It was goood actually ) but I tried to eat really small portions and I didn't beat myself up over it. I figure a few small bites cant do that much damage, right? I think its better to do it, enjoy it, and move on. So today I'll do a little extra workout and feel good to be back on the weightloss path!
I'm glad to hear that everybody had a nice easter. Between going up to massachusetts for my parents and then to hartford for my boyfriends family, it seemed like the entire weekend was spent driving...it was fun to see everyone, but last night i was happy to be home and asleep in my own bed.

Ok, off to exercise...bye!
Suzy
  #367   ^
Old Mon, Apr-01-02, 07:11
Registered Member

Plan: veggie low carb
Stats: 131/131/105 Female 4'11''
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default oops, I forgot...

I forgot that I had a question I wanted to ask you petites who have already lost some (or a lot) of weight...do you feel like a different person when all the weight is gone? I mean, I know there are obvious physical changes, but I'm talking about the way you relate to other people and people relate to you. It seems that it must be an adjustment for the people in your life, too.

It's interesting because I've noticed that whenever I tell my mom I'm trying to lose weight she's really encouraging in one breathe and then in the other she's wanting me to eat all the sweets...she insisted I take a bag of chocolate and jelly beans home with me! Now I gotta figure out who to give them away too before I eat them all Sometimes I think she wants me to stay fat!

Anyway, I was just wondering what you guys have experienced...I'm excited to see what changes I'll feel as the pounds come off!
Suzy
  #368   ^
Old Mon, Apr-01-02, 09:49
Pending Member

Stats: 215/145/120
BF:
Progress: 74%
Default Good morning ladies

I am glad all of you are not yourselves and getting back to a normal eating routine. The only reason I did give in and I wanted too was my husband kept a close eye on me and kept asking did you go overboard on eating. I love my husband. He is the best diet coach in the world. He is so proud of my weight loss and my health has improved 100%. My relatives just could not believe the change in me. I will send a picture as soon as I can from Easter. I am now cleaning up the mess and cleaning out the refrigerator of fating foods. My husband is going to eat the baked beans that was left. The low carb peanut ice cream is to die for. I am going to use my left over in my low carb shake for lunch today.

Suzy, yes, I feel like a whole new person and people are treating me different. When I look back at pictures taken in the last two years and now. The change is remarkable. I even got into a size 12 dress and today I was able to get into size 12 shorts and small top. I hope this answered your question. I know what you mean about families and how the react with not eating their home cooked meals. But you did the right things and eating small portions and just getting back on board.

Welcome Seashell, I am also a animal lover. I have 5 cats, 1 dog and a bird and they all live inside with me and my husband. If I lived in the country oh lord, I would be like Noah and his ark. They can bring you so much love and contentment.

Daniell, Tom used to having me eating chocolate and sweets until 2 days after he left. I think, I am not sure, it has something in the chocolate and hormone levels. So Tom has it way and we just get back on track afteward. I am proud of you for not eating those high carb foods Easter.

Louise, I love those orange chocolate things. Thank God no one brought any into the house. My those things are sinful. Glad you had a great Easter.

Carol, I think Maple Cream is a beautiful name and I am glad you had a wonderful Easter.

Ladies, here is the devotions for dieters for April 1:
But let patience have her perfect work, that ye be perfect and entire, wanting nothing. James 1:4

Todya's thought: The longer the wait, the less the weight.

May we remain committed to the task now matter how long it takes. God bless

Donna
  #369   ^
Old Mon, Apr-01-02, 15:32

BF:

Hello petite friends,
I'm glad everything's going back to normal...hollidays are great,but much too tempting...
I hope all us little cheaters are feeling much better today, now that were not eating any of that carbage today....I had such a belly ache it sounded like their was an earthquake going on in there...much better today!!!
Suzy, I do feel much different, than before, I have more confidence than before, I'm happy with myself....And the best part is being able to buy clothes at any store, not only +stores, because they are very few of them here,and the price of clothes was crazy. People treat me different to, friends are not to bad,unless they haven't seen me in a while and don't recognise me..that can be kind of weird. People in general treat overweight people differently than smaller people..I really see that now that I've been on both sides, it's very sad, but true...I will always treat everyone as an equal...
HA! you wanted a few words and I wrote you a book.
Should go prepare a low carb dinner...
Have a great evening, talk to you all soon.
Louise
  #370   ^
Old Mon, Apr-01-02, 17:00

Plan: no plan /pregnancy
Stats: 166/&;&;&;/140
BF:
Progress: 29%
Default can a newbie join?

hi you guys, i am from WA state, and am 5'2 3/4". i have always had a stockier build. people never think i weigh what i weigh, but i do....now that i have passed the early 20's and almost to 30 this lbs just seem to crept on. my dh and i began this wol feb. 16. so far he has lost 29 lbs..he is a runner. i am a walker. i have lost around 6-8 lbs. i love this woe. don't feel deprived at all. wish the weight would come off a little bit faster, but.....my goal says 140, but really i would love to be 130. when i make it to 140 i will change the goal weight.

i cheated a little yesterday and realized i don't miss any of that stuff at all. i don't feel deprived eating like this, plus i get to cook really GOOD cuisine.

Hope to keep in touch.

Good Luck
jabs
  #371   ^
Old Mon, Apr-01-02, 20:37
Registered Member

Stats: 133/126/115
BF:
Progress: 39%
Cool Very Different

To answer the earier question - do you feel different - YES. There are so many differences in our lives affected by weight. Most important of course is health and energy.

If I gain 5 lbs I feel upset with myself. It affects how I feel about myself. This affects my self image, how I dress/behave and therefore how other people see me.

When I loose 5 lbs, I feel good about myself. I'm more relaxed about how I look which affects how I dress and act - and certainly how people see me.

When 5 lbs turns into 50, it's the same only magnified 10 times.

When you loose enough weight, people start to notice. Men treat you different - partly because you look better, but also because you act more confident. Women treat you different sometimes too - for the very same reasons. Beyond health, I believe weight impacts self-image, career and relationships

I'm not sure why so many people try to jeopardize someone else's weight loss. I've never understood it. But I've experienced it for years. I don't think they realize how much harder it makes it.

I've eaten my share of meals to please Mom, DH, in-laws, friends, office co-workers, etc, etc.

NOW IT'S TIME TO EAT TO PLEASE ME
  #372   ^
Old Mon, Apr-01-02, 21:04

BF:
Default Evening folks...

Whew what a day....we had a horrible rainstorm last night, and we got toned out at 1 am for a 6 year old boy lost on the mountain (I am a volunteer firefighter in my town) My heart jumped, and since my DH was working nights, I called my mom to come over and watch my little girl who was sleeping....he and his dad went hiking at 4 pm in search of their runaway dogs...they got turned around and were lost in the dark.....the dad built a shelter, but the coyotes were terrifying the little boy, so they tried to climb down the mountain and got to the brook that was so rapid with all the snow melt and rain....the man finally saw some car lights and forged the brook himself, leaving his son high up on the bank....then they were able to call 911, and we all responded...we were successful in fetching him with ropes and two firefighters from the other side....the poor kid was shivering like crazy....I was so choked up, the mom always shows through, vs the firefighter side....I just kept thinking how I would feel about my own kid if she was lost in the woods...yikes, it certainly makes feeling guilty about eating some extra carbs a little less important....however, I am back on the lo carb train today.....

I didn't get much sleep, and still had to work this am....then we had our monthly fire training meeting and then a friend asked me to take a look at his sick goat....so I was kind of tired when I got home....then I looked out and 3 whole sections of post and board horse fencing were splintered and my horse and pony were no where to be seen! I didn't know what happened, except that the fence was broken in, not out....so not sure if something large, possible a moose went through it.....I did find the horses munching peacefully under the apple tree in my side yard.....and they don't have any marks or injuries....so who knows the real story!? LOL....they were probably trying to get in the house and run up my long distance bill!!! LOL. SO I had to jerry rig the fencing and locked both of them in for the night, until I can fix the fence better in the daylight! Yikes what a day!

Maple Cream is doing fine, she has learned to drink the milk replacer out of a soda bottle and she is really happy to see me....she is so funny, she had springs on her feet!!!

I am supposed to bring 2 goats to our school tomorrow to show the preschoolers how to milk, but we shall see if I actually get to sleep tonight or not!

Sorry for this long ramble, I get that way some times.....LouiseV, I am so proud of you for sticking with that kicking the smoking habit! DonnaJ I bet you looked like a star in your pretty size 12 Easter dress! you go girl!!!

Dinky it is amazing how different you get treated when you are heavy.....and why do our mothers force that food upon us? I will never quite understand that...

Welcome Jabs 72.....we have a great bunch here on this thread, I am glad you can join us!

Suzy, where in Mass do your folks live? I grew up outside of Boston, but moved out here to the sticks after college...

Danielle, I know you can do this....we have to get rid of that chocolate! I am convinced it truly made me feel ill yesterday!

seashell, yes I too love animals...we have a quarterhorse, an ancient old pony I rescued from starvation(see I am very good at putting fat on things!! LOL) a one eyed German Shepard puppy, a cat, and 5 goats, a Nubian, 2 saanen crosses and now Maple Cream is a French Alpine...then of course the DH and a daughter who will be 3 on Friday! It is getting to be quite the Zoo here all around!

Well I better get going...I am beat!
We can do this together!
Carol
  #373   ^
Old Mon, Apr-01-02, 21:09

BF:
Default oops...

We also have Valentino..a saanen buck kid, who is our first goat baby born on our farm....he was born in January.
Carol
  #374   ^
Old Tue, Apr-02-02, 06:31

Stats: 147/138/125
BF:
Progress: 41%

Well, I blew it again! I really was pumped to start yesterday and I can't believe how hard it is to get back on after messing up for a week! Anyone have some advice, encouragement, or just want to fuss at me? Or how many have been in my shoes at this point...well, here we go again...TODAY IS THE DAY!

Ranger---wow you really do have a zoo! That is sooo neat! I've always wanted something like that! We have two acres and live in the country so we are limited to how much we can have so we pick and choose what we want to have so we won't over crowd. I think that one of my cats is preg. so there will be some more cats. They are acctually barn cats. My hubby is alergic to them but they're great mousers and sometimes they bring moles up to show us that they are doing there job!

Well, just wanted to vent and get it out of my system and get back on board!!!
  #375   ^
Old Tue, Apr-02-02, 07:17

BF:

Good Morning Ladies,
Wow Carol you are a busy one...way to go on finding the little boy, he must have been really afraid...I knew you were some kind of resue hero....
You must have fun with all your animals, I love animals too, but my DH doesn't so I'm lucky to have my dog.
O.K. Seashell you go for it, you have to take it one day at time, your body is craving carbs because you've been eating them, so you have to stop,and soon so will the cravings....Today your job is not to eat any illegal carbs, and then the same tomorrow.....and so on....until your not craving anymore....You can do this....
The sun is so nice here today, but there calling for snow tomorrow, so I'll enjoy the weather today..
9 big days without any Nicotine, the cravings are not bad at all...I don't know why this is not being so hard...I was a smoker for 22 years and smoked about 35 cigs.a day...
Oh well I hope you all have a great Low Carb Day!!!
Louise