Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#346   ^
Old Wed, Mar-27-02, 19:48
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 133/126/115
BF:
Progress: 39%
Smile Welcome utgal

and hello fellow petite buddies. The sun came out today! I didn't recognize it at first. It snowed so hard last night, and the sun came out this morning it was really beautiful. But I will still be so glad when spring gets here.

Louise you are doing so great. Keep it up girl. Your good health is the long term benefit, for you and your family.

Danielle - don 't beat yourself up. I've done the same thing. It is so easy, especially in social situations. I always regret it. The important thing is don't do it again tomorrow!!!!! My problem is I start saying oh well, I've blown in now, might as well eat this, and this, and this.... If you get right back on track tomorrow, you'll be absolutely fine.

Ladies - I'm going out of town tomorrow evening and won't be back til Sunday. I will miss checking in on everyone. Sure hope I can stay on this path through the holiday weekend.

Happy Easter petite bunnies!
Sponsored Links
  #347   ^
Old Wed, Mar-27-02, 21:49

Stats: 147/138/125
BF:
Progress: 41%

Hi...I'm new to this thread and have been on the Atkins for two weeks and lost 9 pounds. I "dumped" off on the 14th day. Today would have been day 17...well, I've read some of the threads and feel that this must be the one for me. I'm planning on "getting back on the train" after Easter. I hope that this is the one thread that I can count on for support. I'll admit it...I'm weak but I really want to get down the pounds that I need. I come from a family that is very large and I'm scared to death that it's gonna happen to me. I don't want that...so I'm here to say that Monday on ya'll will be hearing alot from me...Hope to hear from you...and Have a Happy Easter!!!
  #348   ^
Old Thu, Mar-28-02, 06:47
Registered Member

Plan: veggie low carb
Stats: 131/131/105 Female 4'11''
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default OOPS!

oops, I posted something in the main Countdown Club page and I meant to post it in this thread...does anyone know how I can move it??
Suzy
  #349   ^
Old Thu, Mar-28-02, 07:48

Plan: Dr. Atkins
Stats: 225/196/160 Female 5' 1"
BF:
Progress: 45%
Default Welcome Seashell!

Hi petites,

The sun is finally shining! Is spring here for Easter maybe!

Glad you could join us Seashell! We all fall off on occasion....we are all human after all...it is good that you set your goal for Monday and plan to stick with it.....we are all in this together and together we can do it!

scg, I think you can ask a moderator to move a post for you....

dinky, have a great Easter and we will miss you too....have fun.

We are so proud of you LouiseV.....your health is the most important thing, I'll bet your family is very happy for you too. Keep with it!

Donnaj...haven't heard from you much lately....hope all is ok!

Hi utgal, hope you are enjoying this lo carb woe!

No baby goat so far.....I will wait another week.....then Emma starts lo carbing with me! LOL
  #350   ^
Old Thu, Mar-28-02, 09:52

Plan: Atkin's/Sugar Busters
Stats: 144/137/125
BF:
Progress: 37%
Default Thanks!

Thank you for all of the warm welcomes! I've found this site to be so helpful - it's nice to have support too.

One question - Have any of you found that you are able to lose more weight than what you thought your body type could handle? I've always been told I have a somewhat "large" frame - should that affect my goal weight?

Have a great low-carb day!
  #351   ^
Old Thu, Mar-28-02, 15:12

Plan: protein power
Stats: 265/134/120
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hello!!!! The sun is shining!!!!
What a beautiful sunny day, I do think spring is in the air!!!
Just got back from shopping Oh MY! what a zoo out there, I'm glad to be home....
Thanks Carole, my familly is very happy and supportive, especially since I'm the only smoker, I mean was the only smoker around.....Had a great sleep last nice, I guess all that Nicotine must be coming out of my body....feels great to be a recovering Nicotine addict..
Utgal you can tell wether your a large or small frame by the size of your wrist, if your hands go around and don't reach, your large if they just reach your medium if they overlap your a small frame...I hope this helps.
Suzy your toooo funny "itching for spring" LOL it's your skin that is healing and trying to go back to where it belongs, you don't get any more stretch marks when your losing weight only when your gaining...Slap lots of lotion on you'll feel better.
Welcome Sea shell, you're doing wright by going back on Monday, we'll all be here to support you!!!!
Donna if your out there have a great day!!!!
Dinky have a great weekend and a happy easter....

Well I hope you all have a great day
Louise
  #352   ^
Old Thu, Mar-28-02, 18:29

Stats: 147/138/125
BF:
Progress: 41%

Just wanted to say thanks for welcoming me...I will see all of you on Monday...thanks again for the support!!! Have a great Easter Day!!!!
  #353   ^
Old Thu, Mar-28-02, 22:31
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 145/116/115
BF:
Progress: 97%
Hello Ladies,

Welcome Further Welcome Utgal Welcome Seashell

Nice to have you join us.

Danielle, Please don't yourself up over the chocolate. One day shouldn't show, just drink that water and cut back the carbs for a day or two.

After reading about the weather alot of you are having, I hate to mention the beautiful spring days we're having. It reach 80 today. Took a couple of long walks during lunch and breaks at work today. It was gorgeous. Still need to exercise more though.

Lost another pound this week 118

Getting close!!!

Bye for now, Angelfish
  #354   ^
Old Fri, Mar-29-02, 06:08
Pending Member

Stats: 215/145/120
BF:
Progress: 74%
Default Good morning

Welcome to our new friends and I wanted to wish everyone a Happy Holy Week and Easter. I will be off and on for this week. Getting the house clean and cooking for Easter Sunday. We have mass everyday till Sunday. So, here hoping your Easter is wonderful and blessed by our risen Lord.
Donna
  #355   ^
Old Fri, Mar-29-02, 21:05

BF:

Hello To all My Petite Friends,
Just a quick hello to you all!!!I weighed in today, didn't loose anything but didn't gain either....so that's O.K.
Good to hear from you Donna I see your very busy...
Ranger I don't think our goat is going to have a baby!!!
Day 5 of not smoking is gone, another day tomorrow, boy these days are going fast I'm starting to think I was never a smoker..

Have a good evening
Louise
  #356   ^
Old Sat, Mar-30-02, 08:54
Pending Member

Stats: 215/145/120
BF:
Progress: 74%
Default Very proud of you.

Louise,
I am very proud of you. Day 5, you are remarkable. I still plan to quit soon but not until after my nephew surgery.

Ranger, How the goat with her pregrancy? Wouldn't it be nice to be born on Easter? A new life on a blessed day.

Well girls, I have almost finished with cooking. Today, I will clean house and go to Midnight Mass tonight. So, I will be glad when it over but I love having my nieces and nephews here with me for the holiday. You would be proud of me I used candy to decorate their boston cream pie and I didn't eat one m&M. I am making sure I am eating allot of protein and drinking plenty of water. If anything is left over everyone will be taking it home with them. Well everyone have a blessed Easter.
Donna
  #357   ^
Old Sat, Mar-30-02, 13:30

BF:

Good Afternoon Everyone!!!
What a beautiful day!!! The sun is shining and it's starting to warm up...
Donna thanks for the encouragement, I think it's important that you do wait until your ready to quit...and when you are I'll be here for you...You are the busy bee lately Donna, I'm sure your Easter Dinner will be wonderful....I hope ours is too I'm bringing quite a bit of food that I can eat, I even made a low carb desert for everyone they'll never know the differenceLOL
Well if I don't here from you before tomorrow
Have a wonderful easter and may God Bless you All!!!

Love Louise
  #358   ^
Old Sat, Mar-30-02, 14:38

Plan: Dr. Atkins
Stats: 225/196/160 Female 5' 1"
BF:
Progress: 45%
Default Happy Easter Again!

just a second to type.....congrats everyone on sticking with things! All around!

No Emma, hasn't had a baby yet.....so I made an executive decision and bought a new goat today.....she's a cutie....I'll tell you more later.....got to run!
Carol
  #359   ^
Old Sat, Mar-30-02, 20:44
Registered Member

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 167/125/115
BF:
Progress: 81%

I just wanted to say a quick hello and Happy Easter everyone!

Danielle
  #360   ^
Old Sun, Mar-31-02, 19:44
Registered Member

Stats: 133/126/115
BF:
Progress: 39%
Talking I'm back

Happy Easter ladies,

Hope everyone had a geat Easter weekend with family and friends. I had a good weekend. Saw a lot of family. I stuck to my low carb like glue - until today. I was a little bad The malted milk balls and combination Easter/my daughter's birthday cake just jumped in my mouth. It was soooo good. (No, I really don't like chocolate, and cake is really not important )

Of course, I haven't been on my little scale for days Scared to get on in the morning! I'm really glad tomorrow is Monday. Hate to go back to work, but I'm actually looking forward to getting back to my eating routine. Facing all these food challenges wears you to a frazzle.

WELCOME to all our new petite buddies. Everyone pull together now for a happy low carb week