Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Sun, Mar-24-02, 20:28
Registered Member

Plan: Lutz
Stats: //
BF:
Progress: 100%
Question What's withe the vegetarian nonsense?

Quote:
Originally posted by AfroBob
If I'm not some sort of diet I cant control my bad eating habits.
You need to be on a diet? Fine! Get on low-carb and eat lots of meat. You have already seen where the vegetarian nonsense has done for you, right?
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Sun, Mar-24-02, 20:43
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 186/172/160
BF:
Progress: 54%

Quote:
I have had the not-so-fun task of having to "reset" the metabolisms of some models who were shutting off their appetites by taking Phen-Fen

Have you ever posted some of the tricks you have used to accomplish this Dan? I didn't know this was possible.
  #18   ^
Old Sun, Mar-24-02, 21:05

Plan: Atkins/PP
BF:
Progress: 50%

Quote:
Originally posted by phonemarsh
Have you ever posted some of the tricks you have used to accomplish this Dan? I didn't know this was possible.

TrainerDan is coming out with a book very, very soon. I've had the privilege of reading an advance copy. It's written for people who are already moderately well informed and have tried the basics. The material covered is not a re-hash of the other books already out there. This is new stuff, most of which I'd never heard of. It gave me a new perspective on metabolism. He's charging next to nothing for it (I seriously wonder if he's even going to cover his printing and mailing costs).

I wish I could go on but I promised him I'd keep its contents to myself.

I suspect he'll advertise it in the exercise forum. Soon.

Allison
  #19   ^
Old Mon, Mar-25-02, 06:43

Plan: Zone
Stats: 255/242/230 Male 75 inches (6'3")
BF:21%/15%/8%
Progress: 52%
Default plug ...

Thanks for the plug Allison!

Yes, the book is ready to go. Just some final touches, and off to the printer it goes.

When all is ready, I will let people know.

(Wa'il or Do', if I stepped out-of-line here, feel free to edit me)
  #20   ^
Old Mon, Mar-25-02, 10:09
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%

That's great news Dan, congrats!

Let us know when it's out.

Wa'il
  #21   ^
Old Mon, Mar-25-02, 10:38

Plan: atkins
Stats: 148/122/115
BF:
Progress: 79%

Hi Trainerdan,
I would love to buy your book! I live in Hong Kong, can that be arranged, please? BTW, u worked with actual models? Lucky u!
Bebe
  #22   ^
Old Mon, Mar-25-02, 19:37

Plan: Careful Low Carb Plan
Stats: 335/295/180 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 26%

AfroBob,
Have you never heard of Karen Carpenter? She died at a very young age because of the trauma on her heart from anorexia. I know you are young and think that this will work quickly and you'll be thin and stay that way. But...that's now how it happens. As you are starving yourself, you are damaging your self, eating away at your muscle and generally ruining your health. Probably alot of us here have tried this in our teens...and ended up being terribly fat because of the havick we subjected our bodies to. I remember thinking when I was 15 or so, the only way to stay thin was to eat 1/2 cup cottage cheese, an orange and a pickle a day. I stayed thin alright, for a short while...but the rest of my life has been a struggle with my weight.

You know low carbing works, because it worked for you before. So what made you veer from what works? Victoria
  #23   ^
Old Tue, Mar-26-02, 00:12
Registered Member

Plan:
BF:
Progress:
Default Re: What's withe the vegetarian nonsense?

Quote:
Originally posted by ancelse
You need to be on a diet? Fine! Get on low-carb and eat lots of meat. You have already seen where the vegetarian nonsense has done for you, right?

That was really rude. Why dont you respect what I believe in. I dont tell you that you believe in nonsense..
  #24   ^
Old Tue, Mar-26-02, 00:44

Plan: Atkins-ish, post-WLS
Stats: 408.0/288.0/168.0 Male 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 50%

What was your point in posting in the first place? Were you trying to get information, or just trolling for kicks?

If you are going to ignore all of the information and advice, why is it so much harder to ignore the perceived insults as well.
  #25   ^
Old Tue, Mar-26-02, 05:33

Plan: my own
Stats: 0/0/0
BF:
Progress: 34%
Afro Bob,

What a reaction! I think a lot of people are genuinely concerned for you and your health when you talk about going down to 500 calories a day. It's just like if your parents found out you were doing drugs and got really mad and started screaming... it's only because they care and are shocked that you are harming your body. It is a bad idea, full stop, for all aspects of health and diet.

Vegetarianism, on the other hand, is a personal choice that you shouldn't be made to feel guilty. Although most LC diets champion meat, there is nothing that says you cannot eliminate the meat. Just keep the calories up and incorporate protein, like nut butters and soy products for example. There is even a vegetarian forum on this site, remember. The most important thing is too eliminate sugar, avoid hydrogenated fats, and processed grains. Go veg, by all means, but leave out french fries, breads, cakes, etc.

I had seen your success by looking back through the files. You did great. Looking at what you are saying, though, I think that the issue lay with your decisions and choices.

When everyone talks of Way of Life (WOL), they really mean it... following a certain practice for life because it works for them. Fortunately, for many of us (including you ), we have a choice to eat in a healthier manner. Some, like diabetics, don't have the luxury and going off their diet can mean death. But just as vegetarianism is a choice not taken lightly, so should this WOL of eating a low amount of carbohydrates not be persued as a quick fix. Hopefully, you didn't choose to be veg just because a celebrity does it or because of fashion, but because you believe in it. It is the same here with your method of eating.

I am concerned with your body image, saying that you HAVE to wear a certain size. Man, I don't even do that, and I've got much further to go than you. Men fill out naturally as they go beyond their teens... you don't want to look like those actors who keep playing teenage roles well into their 30's, do you? Yikes. Give me broad shoulders to hang onto, is what I say. Just my humble opinion.

Lastly, I would just like to reiterate that whatever you do is your choice. Please make sure you are aware of the consequences of your actions. If you eat junk, your body will look and feel crappy, as you know. If you don't eat enough good food, your body will look and feel crappy. Balance is the key. It's the only body you have. If you abuse it you don't get another, so take care of it the best way you can.

Good luck, Afro Bob!