Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Mar-24-02, 10:43

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 260/195/170
BF:
Progress: 72%
Cool Hello From the Midwest

Hi guys! My name is Kevin and this is my 2nd day here. I am 31 years old and live in Northwest Indiana (not far from Chicago). I have always been overweight in my life, but 5 years ago I lost 100 lbs from Atkins and a rigious exerciseregime. Unfortunately, I "fell off the bandwagon" and the fat "found it's way back to my body". However, I have since been low carbing (also have resumed my running regime) as of November 2001 and have lost about 65 lbs so far.

This site looks to be really cool - that is friendly, helpful, and informative! I hope I can make a positive contribution as I have quit a bit of experience with dieting (unfortunately). I look forward to getting to know the group and sharing any advice.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Mar-24-02, 12:30

Plan: Atkins-ish, post-WLS
Stats: 408.0/288.0/168.0 Male 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 50%

Greetings and welcome aboard!

You bring with you a lot of good experience that you can use to encourage all of us.

One question to explore yourself is why you fell off the bandwagon before. If you can answer that to yourself then you can find the means to not fall off it again - which I'm sure is the last thing you want to do.

Good Luck!
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Mar-24-02, 12:32

Plan: mostly paleo
Stats: //
BF:also don't care
Progress: 100%

wow, congratulations on your success (and twice!) I bet you feel 100 times better with the LCing and exercise, as well as slimmer.

welcome to the board.