Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > U.S.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Aug-18-01, 13:47

Plan: don't know yet
Stats: 270/270/140
BF:
Progress:
Talking need Arkansas low-carb friends

HI! I'm looking for new lc friends that live in Arkansas. I;m 45 single, widow, looking for new way to live and eat to lose all this fat that I got. It is always nice to hear from someone that lives near. write me anytime.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Nov-29-01, 14:05

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 215/165/145
BF:
Progress: 71%

Hello I love making new friends (can't have too many ya know). My name is Denise and I have been on the Atkins diet for 10 months now. I've lost 50 lbs but have been stalled for the last 5 months or so. I was just about ready to give up when I found out about this forum. After reading some of the posts here I think I may be able to go on.
Well, I'm 36yrs old, married w/ a 15yr old son(feel sorry for me yet haha). Actually he's a really great kid, not at all like most teen- agers!!! Well, I'd love to be one of your new LC friends, so I hope to hear from you soon. By the way, what part of AR are u from? I'm in Rogers. TTYL
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Feb-13-02, 18:59

Stats: 210/204/180
BF:
Progress: 20%
Smile

Hello dreamwalk. I joined the forum today. I live in Little Rock and started the Adkins diet about two weeks ago. I actually began with instructions from a friend and after a week of minor changes in my weight I decided to begin again by reading the book first. The only edition I had was published in 1999 and decided I would use it to start since I am motivated to lose weight. I have ordered the most recent addition of the book. I have lost approximately 5 lbs. in the past week. I'm in the "induction" stage and feel very good about the diet--no hunger or craving for baked goods.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Feb-19-02, 21:49

Plan: Atkin's
Stats: 195/180/140
BF:
Progress: 27%
Default A fellow-Arkansasan that had to move!!

Hi Dreamwalk,
Just wanted to tell you that I used to do Atkins while in AR, and Beans, Grains, and Things is a great place to find things for our plan. I moved to Jax, FL in April 2001 and it is not as easy to find things here, so fell lucky. Good luck!!
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Mar-23-02, 18:21

Stats: 269/246/180
BF:
Progress: 26%
Exclamation Also an Arkie

Hey there Dreamwalker!!!
I started Atkins on 2/10/02. I'm a transplant from Maryland to Arknasas in Jan. 1998. Absolutely love it here...cept for the tornados...lol.
I'd love to be able to keep in touch with a local who is experienceing the changes that this WOL poses.
I'm 36, mom of two teens, and married to a wonderful hubby. He and I have been married for 3 1/2 years now.
Hope to hear back from you.

Unknown

Last edited by unknown : Sat, Mar-23-02 at 18:26.
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Apr-17-02, 07:50
Pending Member

Stats: 212/198/145
BF:
Progress: 21%
Default Arkie Friends!

I tried to post but it disappeared. Hope it works this time and doesn't post twice.
I live in Gravette about 25-30 miles from Rogers. So nice to see a neighbor on here and even other Arkies.!!

I have been on Atkins since I got out of hospital a month ago. I had a small(didn't feel small!!) heartattack and dx of type 2 diabetes. I have lost 15 lbs since I got home. They had me on ADA diet and my sugar stayed over 200 even with 2 different pills. I went on Atkins when I got home and my sugars are normal and no pills. Shhhhhhh don't tell my doc!! LOL

I am 55 years old, single and a Christian. I live with my elderly mom and we kinda watch after each other. LOL

Its so nice to meet you guys . Email me any time. Betty
  #7   ^
Old Thu, May-02-02, 16:04
Pending Member

BF:
Angry Where Did All The Arkies Go???

Sheesh, where did all the Arkies go, its so lonely here!!!!
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Jun-16-02, 14:06
Pending Member

BF:

bump
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Jun-18-02, 12:39

Stats: 234/224/170
BF:
Progress: 16%

Hi all! Howdy from another Arkie. I'm on Day 2 on Atkins Induction. So far... so good. I almost majorly panicked today at lunch but ended up getting past it. I was just wondering if there were any folks from my area and here y'all are!
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Jun-21-02, 19:15

Stats: 180/142/142
BF:
Progress: 100%

Wow great to see so many lowcarbers from Arkansas!!

I'm meeting a traveling low carber in Fayetteville tomarrow for dinner. I've been low carbing since dec 99. This is my first visit to this forum. It looks great! I love all the activity I see here.

Well looks like I have lots of reading to do, to see what's going on here.

Later all!
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Dec-18-02, 12:20

Stats: 272/262/200 Male 6 feet 1 inch
BF:
Progress: 14%

Hi, I'm Dennis and I live in Fort Smith, AR. If anyone needs some local support I would be more than happy to lend a helping hand.
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Dec-18-02, 13:04

BF:

Hi Dennis!

we are almost neighbors.

How's low carb going for you?

Glad to see a fellow low carber is around. Hey are you the one that bought T J Maxx out of the sugar free syrups?

Sheila
http://turkeylady.tripod.com
  #13   ^
Old Thu, Dec-19-02, 08:22

Stats: 272/262/200 Male 6 feet 1 inch
BF:
Progress: 14%

No, I'm not the one.... but I know that price cutters by the mall carries quit a few diabetic sugar free goodies. I'm not into them but my wife was back when she was on SB.

So where are you located?

I live over by Creekmore Park..... So are we almost neighbors?
  #14   ^
Old Sat, Dec-28-02, 23:02

Plan: Atkin's diet
Stats: 205/195/150
BF:
Progress: 18%

Hey ginabob!

I am from Fayetteville, Arkansas. It is so nice to see someone from my area.
  #15   ^
Old Sat, Dec-28-02, 23:11

BF:

Sorry it took me so long to reply Dennis, been busy with Christmas. I'm in Ozark. I do go to the boy scout office in Ft. Smith quite often. In fact I was in Ft Smith today picking up a part for my dryer.

Also hi LD, nice to see yet another Arkie that's on low carb! Welcome and congrats on finding a great way to get healthy. I don't post on this board often but I have been lowcarbing Since dec 27, 1999. I reached goal and have been maintaining ever since.

HMM if we get many more poster here from this section of the state we might just need to meet at an area convient for us all.