Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#286   ^
Old Mon, Mar-18-02, 20:12
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 133/126/115
BF:
Progress: 39%
Default Monday, Monday

Hi Petite Ladies!

This has been a long Monday - glad it's over. Long day at work then headed for the grocery run. After my ham/egg omelette for a quick dinner I cut up my vegies for lunch all week, boiled eggs and made tuna salad Whew! I am so ready for induction.

Did good all day, 2 days down. Hope everyone has a good week
Sponsored Links
  #287   ^
Old Tue, Mar-19-02, 07:02

Plan: protein power
Stats: 265/134/120
BF:
Progress: 90%

Good Morning Girls!!!
Dinky glad to see induction is going well. Keep it up!!!!Drink your water!!!
Suzy I do follow a weight program it's great, it's called Weight Training Made Easy by JoyceL. Vedral, Ph.D. The copywright is 1997 I had bought it at Chapters...It has 4 different work out levels and has pictures on how to do the exercise,she also has charts and a lot of good reading material in it. All you need is a simple work out bench, 3,5,and10 pound dumbells,I've had really good results with this especially in the upper body...
Carole way to go on the work out...I do wish I could have been peaking in the window LOL. I'm hoping by the end of may, I'll be able to celebrate with a tummy tuck, I go for consoltation with the plastic surgeon on April 10th, so he can take pics and see if our health plan will cover it...Cross your fingers I'm so excited!!!
Hope you all have a great day!!!
Keep up the great work!!!!
Your petite buddy
Louise
  #288   ^
Old Tue, Mar-19-02, 07:46
Registered Member

Plan: veggie low carb
Stats: 131/131/105 Female 4'11''
BF:
Progress: 0%

morning everyone ,
Carol, your post really made me laugh because those disney promo tapes tend to show the skinny people, but when you get there you will notice something kinda amazing--a lot of the people who visit Disney are big, I mean really really big. Maybe it's just because I live in NYC and people here are kinda weight conscious, but when I get to Disney I am always amazed at how many people I see in wheelchairs just because of their weight... You'll feel like Miss America at the pool!! It will also really make you appreciate the weight you have lost.. and, congrats for starting to workout!

Louise, thanks for the weightlifting info. I am going to see if I can find that book. I have 2.5, 5, and 10lb weights so I think I'm all ready for it! You must be really excited for your tummy tuck. I'm usually not that into the idea of plastic surgery, but this one is more than well deserved! You must feel like a whole other person!

Last night I made a spreadsheet in excel to track my measurements....hopefully some of those numbers will start to go down soon!

Have a great day everyone, Suzy
  #289   ^
Old Tue, Mar-19-02, 09:50
Pending Member

Stats: 215/145/120
BF:
Progress: 74%
Default Good morning ladies

I see that everyone is exercising. I need to get off my butt and get started. I usually do my belly dancing routine but I haven't felt like doing much recently. I think it might be all this rain and my joints acting up. I am proud of each and everyone of you.

Well girlfriends, I am going to get up from this computer and start my housework. I hope everyone will have a great day.
Donna
  #290   ^
Old Tue, Mar-19-02, 18:02
Pending Member

BF:
Default Good evening ladies

I finally found how to put attachment to the post . So here I am in all my ugliness and fat. The left side is when I was 215 last spring and on the right is now at 167. I could do it wihtout you girls. Thanks.
Donna
Attached Images
File Type: jpg before.jpg (17.1 KB, 39 views)
  #291   ^
Old Tue, Mar-19-02, 18:19
Registered Member

Plan: Carbohydrate addicts diet
Stats: 159/151/138
BF:
Progress: 38%
Question Hey wait a minute!

Hi,

I am a mother of three and am 5'4 and 152pnds. My goal is 135-138 and I have a medium build.

I have noticed that many of you are around my height and are trying to go under 120. That is too small. Set reasonable goals. If you look at the American Dietary weight suggestions women between 5'3 and 5'4 with medium builds (most people) should weigh between 122 and 138. Be nice to yourself. You don't need to be so skinny that your ribs stick out. I know that when I was 5'4 in high school and weighed 138 pounds, I wore a size 7 and looked pretty darn good!

I am also told now that even though I have 15lbs to go being a size 11 is not so bad.LOL

#292   ^
Old Tue, Mar-19-02, 18:48

BF:
Default Nice pics Donna

thHey Donna!!!!
Love the pictures, you've come a long and you look great!!! It's so nice to put a face to you...Now when we talk we know what we look like...
I hope your induction is going well!!!
Brenda I'm only 5 feet tall, and have a small frame, so I think 120lbs is realistic for me...
Suzy you go get that book, and before you know it will all be little incredible hulks LOL!!!
Carole you asked earlier if sometimes people don't recognize me...well yes it does happen and it makes me feel weird because to me I'm still the same person, but it is flattering at the same time!!!
I hope you all had a good day!!!
this is for you Donna
Louise
  #293   ^
Old Tue, Mar-19-02, 19:16

Plan: Dr. Atkins
Stats: 225/196/160 Female 5' 1"
BF:
Progress: 45%
Thumbs up Dramatic change!

Hi Donnaj,

Great job, there is quite a difference....like Louise V said, it is nice to have a face to go by.....I had you pictured differently, but actually you look a lot like my neighbor!

Let us know how you posted the picture and perhaps we can all figure out how to do it too.....but I think I will wait a while....after todays photos of me....there isn't much of a difference yet.....(Think Protein!!!)

Hi Brenda,

I am 5' 1" with a large frame and I think I have set a reasonable goal....I don't want to aim too low at first and get discouraged....I weighed 159 lbs in college and could wear a size 11....I also had a custom wet suit made for scuba diving, and it is my goal to fit in that again!

Of course, when (not if!) I reach that goal....I will probably go for another 10-20 lbs, but right now that seems a long way down the road.....I guess it took me a while to accumulate this weight, I can't expect to have it all drain off overnight...(although that would be darn handy!!!)

I think people have to feel comfortable with themselves, that is the key....

Good luck everyone, have a great evening! I hear more snow for tomorrow....yikes isn't it the first day of spring????
Carol
  #294   ^
Old Tue, Mar-19-02, 19:53
Registered Member

BF:

Hi Donna, you've made amazing progress! I think that's so great. Everyone should post pictures of their transformations, it's really inspiring for us newbies!

Hi Brenda,
I wish I were 5'4"! I'm only 4'11"...The other day I was at the doctor and he was filling out my form, when he asked height, he had already started filling in a 5' and was waiting for the inches...I guess he doesn't get a lot of 4'11"s

I put my goal as 95 lbs, because the form asked you to fill in a number when you set up your identity (I thought that 100 pounds for 5 feet plus 5 pounds for each additional inch was the rule of thumb) but for me the number on the scale is a lot less of a goal than other things like...being able to walk without having my thighs rub together, being totally comfy in shorts this summer, and (eek!) actually wanting to wear a bikini in public...So I still don't know exactly what my prefered weight is, but I think when I get there, I'll know it! Hope so, at least

I think everyone has to set their own goals, and feel comfortable with them. Things like bone size, body type, age, number of kids you've given birth to, and amount of muscle will also effect how a certain weight will look on any one person, so I think it's different for everyone.

Geez, I'm rambling on! Gotta go clean up a bit, hope everyone has a nice night!

Suzy
  #295   ^
Old Tue, Mar-19-02, 19:56
Registered Member

Stats: 133/126/115
BF:
Progress: 39%
Default Hi girls!

DonnaJ you look great! You look like a friend I would like to have - and here you are! I love seeing everone's pics It's so nice to see who we are talking to. Hope your hanging in there on induction this week. I'm right on track for my third day. Got some psyllium yesterday, too. Hadn't tried that before - you know to keep the plumbing working

I think most people know what their best weight is. Even without charts, we know where we look and feel best. I'm not quite 5.1, small build. I weighed 105 when I got married (31 yrs ago ). Now I don't think for a minute I have to get back there, but I feel so good about myself when I'm just under 120. My fantasy weight would be 115 which happens to be right where the charts say I should be. I would have to get below 100 to be considered underweight. Not much danger of that happening

If I start to go below 100 lbs - you ladies have my permission to smack me
  #296   ^
Old Tue, Mar-19-02, 23:16
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 145/116/115
BF:
Progress: 97%
Thanks for posting your pictuces Donna. Looking Good

All you ladies are an inspiration to me to reach my Goal. I agree with you Suzy that we know what weight we feel our best at. I was 110 when I graduated high school but I know I won't get there again. My body has really changed over the years . ( giving birth, aging, less active) But I have much more energy now with 31 pounds gone. (I was 150 last year).

Why are the last 5 pounds the hardest?

Best to you all

Angelfish
  #297   ^
Old Wed, Mar-20-02, 11:22
Registered Member

Plan: Carbohydrate addicts diet
Stats: 159/151/138
BF:
Progress: 38%
Smile I was not critisizing

I just wanted to let everyone see that sometimes our expectations of ourselves are too high. We really should listen to a piers more because they are fairer judges of how we look. My comments were mostly for those who are between 5'3 and 5'4 I think that under 120 for this hight is too skinny. THat is my opinion not a critisism. Good luck!
  #298   ^
Old Wed, Mar-20-02, 12:02

BF:
Default First day of spring LOL

Good afternoon girls!
I thought today was the first day of spring,but I look outside and see more snow.
How is everyone doing today? I'm doing fine!!!
Brenda I know what you mean about people setting their expectation too high..but it's very hard when your loosing weight to know what will look good and feel good a lot us haven't seen our goal weight in so many years, I just judge it as I go, my goal can always be changed, I think body style makes a difference too, I'm very muscular so a lighter weight would just give me a leaner body,I don't think I would look skinny...I didn't think you were critising.
It's good to here from you Angelfish,I thought you had gone and left us nice to hear from you, I've found the last 20 pounds hard I'm afraid for the last five.
Dinky if you ever go below 100lbs I will Taebo kick you LOL
Well I should go do some dishes!!
Have a great day Louise
  #299   ^
Old Wed, Mar-20-02, 12:43
Registered Member

BF:
Default so close!

Hey Angelfish....You've only got 4 pounds to go! Wow!
I can't wait till I'm that close to the finish line!
congrats! Suzy
  #300   ^
Old Wed, Mar-20-02, 17:03
Pending Member

BF:
Default Good evening ladies

Louise, I know what you mean about a ucky first day of spring. We woke up to our street flooded and we our expecting snow Thursday. We are having the strangest weather. I hate to see what summer will be like.

You girls have given me so much encouragement I can't wait to be 5 lbs to goal. I still have away to go.

Thanks everyone for encouraging me. I will send a new picture when I get to 150lbs.

Dinky, thanks for saying the nice things about me. I would love to be your friend too.

Well everyone I hope the whoosh fairy visit you this evening and we well all be closer to our goal.
Donna