Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Mar-12-02, 12:18

Plan: CALP
Stats: 211/200/140
BF:
Progress: 15%
Default Oldie/Newbie needs refresher on a few things...

Hi! I used to do CALP before DD was born (she's 6mos old now), and now I want to get back into it. My book is buried in the farthest corner of our storage area and for the moment is inaccesible, so I hope you don't mind a few questions.

I remember the basics: 1) vegs & protein at 2 meals, 3rd meal balance of prot, vegg, carbs; 2) lots of water; 3) ???

Couple of questions: how much water is too much? also, wasn't there some sort of formula about x # ozs for every x # of lbs you want to lose/are overweight?

Second, what are the rules concerning coffee? I drink about a 12ozs mug of decaf every morn, with sugar (~2tsp) and creamer (powdered, about 3tsp). I know I can cut the sugar, and if allowed I can switch to real cream or milk.

Third, I was really busy when I first got to work this AM, and I didn't eat breakfast right away; but did have my coffee. Didn't get hungry til NOON! Is it OK to skip a "meal"?

Next, did I leave anything out of the basics? I kknow I weigh every day then take the average--scale is buried too--DH will dig these items out this weekend hopefully.

Will skim through messages to see what I can glean...

theresa
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Mar-12-02, 12:40

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 468/371/275 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 50%
Post I seem to recall...

I did CALP 2 years ago and in addition to the mix at dinner...

...of thirds etc., you also had to adhere to a 60 minute start to finish timeline. From the moment you take your first bite until the last no more than 60 minutes should pass.

And you can have dessert but it counts as part of your carb 1/3.

That's all I remember. I fell off the wagon after 8 months and it's a distant memory now!

Good luck!

Donald
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Mar-12-02, 18:00

Plan: Atkins-ish, post-WLS
Stats: 408.0/288.0/168.0 Male 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 50%

I don't recommend winging it or going from memory. Go buy the book. Read it. Follow it.

Even if you read it cover to cover before, you will learn a lot more the second time around - as well as remember all the things that you have forgotten and correct all of the things you though you remembered.

LC, as the WOL that is MUST become for you to be permanently successful, is not a bunch of rules to remember and apply. It is a body of knowledge that you must understand and become comfortable with.