Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Feb-25-05, 12:13
Monday came.

Plan: my own
Stats: 275/204.5/140 Female 5'4"
BF:ummm . . . ?
Progress: 52%
Default checking in

Good morning,

I am taking a sick day today, first one I remember taking. It's been an uphill trek to get to this point, and I'm only a week away from spring break, but hat last weekend (we worked Sat & Mon, kids had 3-day weekend) took the stuffin' out of me.

In a minute here, I'm going back to sleep, (as soon as the upstairs neighbor stops vacuuming.) I found myself a little concerned about the food thing--yet another possible pitfall to wend my way around. I'm usually so rushed that I hardly have time to eat--today I will have the leisure to do so, and I know if I didn't have the guidelines of LC eating, I'd probably be snacking all day.

But I just realized a few things: 1. I'm not worried so much as curious; how will I handle this? What will I learn about myself today? 2. There will be many other days when I'm not so rushed, and today is an opportunity to lay down a foundation of response for days like this. It's as if I'm learning to walk all over again, this step-by-step process of living consciously in this area.

I don't know if this post makes sense. . . kinda tired. . . checking in for the accountability, but also realizing that today will probably be just fine. I'll know I have the entire TDC looking over my shoulder each time I open the cupboard--and that's just where I want you.

Oh, no, I just realized that they're not just vaccuuming upstairs. It sounds like they're stripping tile or using a total gym or something. So much for a day of rest. . .
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Feb-25-05, 12:28

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 324/324/167 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hi Kathleen -

Enjoy your day off! While you will also have more opportunity to eat, you'll also have more opportunity to pamper yourself or do things that you like doing, but don't get the time to do. I say, use it to your fullest and you won't have time to snack. One of the most decadent things I can think of doing when I'm supposed to be at work is to go to the movies! I get such a kick at being at the movies when I should be working! Or maybe you can take a long, relaxing bath with a good book! Or maybe you can schedule a last minute spa treatment! Ok, obviously I wish I was doing anything but working and am trying to live vycariously through you!

I'm sure you'll be just fine today! Again, have fun on your day off!
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Feb-25-05, 16:12
90 Days at a Time

Plan: Glycemic Load
Stats: 426/405.2/326 Male 74 in.
BF:
Progress: 21%

Awareness may very well help you thru your decisions of the day. I wish you luck!
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Feb-25-05, 17:39
Monday came.

Plan: my own
Stats: 275/204.5/140 Female 5'4"
BF:ummm . . . ?
Progress: 52%

Thank you , gentlemen.

I took a long snooze this morning, awakened feeling much improved, and had to fight the urge to go back to work.

I watched Kevin Costner in Tin Cup, and thoroughly enjoyed that, while plowing through a pile of paperwork.

No spas handy, either, but I do plan a swim this evening, and did a little TDK workout as well.

I've had about 12 cups of water and a bacon-cheese-red pepper omelet, and am satiated. I realized today that I feel and function better when I eat twice a day, with maybe a small snack to finish things off. Eating three times seems to keep me from having time to digest the meals fully.

Once again, thanks for being here and helping me raise my level of awareness and accountability.
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Feb-26-05, 00:43

Plan: Atkins for Life
Stats: 270/220/160 Female 67
BF:41.5/35.5/24.3
Progress: 45%
Cool

I completely understand the need to have some time alone - quiet time even. I don't get this very often (I'm a mother of two boys - one who is 4, and my baby who is 1 1/2.)

I hope you had a great day off. I know what your talking about with keeping your LC eating on track - when you are working it can be hard to prepare and avoid co-workers lovely treats; or when you are all alone and feel like eating a pint of haugen das

It seems like we are similar, as far as weight loss goals.

Best wishes,

Monica