Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, May-26-01, 20:02

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:
Default Dave and I kissed 44 pounds good bye

It has been 2 months and Dave and I are still going strong on the Atkins low carb diet. He has lost 30 pounds and I am down 14... people keep telling me men lose faster, I guess that's it.
We have been doing the induction diet the whole time with just one binge dinner, we ate Tai food with noodles and rice. It was kinda wierd, cuz we were so worried we'd fall off the diet - it was a bit hard to enjoy the food, but we were right back the next day and didn't seem to gain any weight back.
Dave really likes those Adkins bars. He ordered 6 boxes online!
I eat them when nothing else is available or if I am having a major chocolate craving. It seems like they take us out of ketosis, but he is still losing weight , so I guess they are better than all those Oreos he used to eat.
I wanted to say thanks to all the folks who post on this site. It has been a real support for me and VERY informative for us both.
My next goal is to preplan meals a little better. I think I hit plateaus more than Dave cuz I skip meals when meat, cheese or eggs just are not an option. My stomach gets upset pretty easy and sometimes just the thought of eatting one of those things makes it churn.
Rolling up shrimp and mayo in Romaine has been a good treat lately, in fact romain makes a nice substitute for lots of things like taco shells, pita wraps and bread. Lots of times the filling recipes are fine it's the starch that makes it bad.
I know this suggestion came from someone on this site, but if you missed that post try it, it's a great way to mix up your menu.
Thanks again, we'll hang in there and keep ya posted. Lynda
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, May-26-01, 20:13
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%

Hi Lynda, congrats to you and Dave! One cheat since you started? That's IS remarkable!

Wa'il

#3   ^
Old Sat, May-26-01, 21:04
Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/190/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 50%
Smile hi Lynda

Great to hear from you!

WTG Dave, 30 lbs is awesome .. ... And Lynda, 14 lbs in 2 months is great ... that averages out to 1.5 lbs a week -- right on track.

About the Atkins bars, a lot of folks don't like the taste. And some lowcarbers do find they stall the weight, because the glycerin used to sweeten them is a type of carb. Nonetheless, some folks have no trouble, and like you said, better than snarfing down a handful (or bagful) of Oreos. Now, there you had to go and mention Oreos .. I remember those .. ... I never ate the middle though, always twisted them open, peeled off the white gook, and pitched it in the garbage ... just ate the chocolate cookie part ..

There's been a couple recipes posted for making your own homemade protein bars, using the lowcarb whey protein powders. These are easy to make, and you know exactly the ingredients in them, no chemicals or fillers. And they work out to be a lot cheaper too. Take a look
  1. Chocolate version
  2. Sharon's Any-Flavour-You-Like Version
Continued lowcarb success to you both, and do keep us posted --- we love success stories!

Doreen