Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Mar-01-02, 02:24

Plan: atkins
Stats: 257/257/140
BF:
Progress: 0%
Question atkins Video

Hello,

Can any one give me info on the Atkins Video that is being sold on TV by Kevin Trudeau? Is it worth the 29.95 + S&H? Thanks alot for the help.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Mar-01-02, 02:36
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%

I never saw the video, but I would recommend getting the new 2002 book instead. More new, detaild information, for $6 or so

Wa'il
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Mar-01-02, 15:36

Plan: Atkins-ish, post-WLS
Stats: 408.0/288.0/168.0 Male 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 50%

As a rule, Mr. Trudeau is a scam artist. He probably just happened to pick a product that actually works. But even so, don't count on his video actually being accurate or useful unless Dr. Atkins himself directly oversaw the production and approved the end product. Mr. Trudeau is all about hype and high emotion salesmanship.

Get the book. It's invariably going to have much more information in it and will be much more understandable. Also check out the other LC books (something I haven't done myself yet). I understand the Protein Power Life Plan is a particularly informative book about LC in general.
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Mar-02-02, 06:58
Registered Member

Plan: Adkins
Stats: 255.5/244.7/148
BF:
Progress: 10%
Default Adkins Video

SAVE YOUR MONEY!!!!!...what a rip off..I was sooo ddisappointed in the video. The book is better...but this SITE is the BEST.

Just my opinion tho.
  #5   ^
Old Fri, May-03-02, 13:29

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 210+/188/140 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 89%

I bought the videos. I can say that it is a great foundation if you have NO knowledge of the diet. I watched those, then came to this site. I learned way more from this forum than I did from the videos. But all in all I'd say they did help and they did get me started on this WOL. So I can thank infomercials for that. I bought the book recently too and of course it has a lot of info in it too. I think when going on this diet you should learn all you can because it is a lifestyle change, and hopefully a permanent one. Do research on the internet, buy the book, buy more books, etc. The more you know the better. Good luck!

Kirsten