Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Feb-26-02, 16:28

Plan: atkins
Stats: 175/170/135
BF:
Progress: 13%
Question breakfast

hi, how are y'all? i am good. trying to stay focused, but am having a hard time eating eggs for brekkie everyday. i have read about the flax-o-meal and was wondering of that is ok on indiction or is it a maintenance thing?

also- is there anything i can do to combat "diet breath" i drink about 100oz of water a day. do i need to drink more? is gum ok, i am afraid it will make me hungier... thaks for you help in advance.

i haven't weighed yet, but think friday might be the big day.
bye- goodnugg
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Feb-26-02, 17:05

Plan: AHP&FP
Stats: 197/125/137 Female 5' 6"
BF:42%/22%/21%
Progress: 120%

Who said you had to eat eggs for breakfast every day? That is the greatest joy of being an adult.....eating anything you want at anytime of day Try having leftovers at breakfast if eggs are getting you down.

As for the diet breath....I would not recommend gum as the chewing and released saliva will trigger the tummies digestive juices.

I am sure someone can recommend something in place of it.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Feb-26-02, 17:05

Plan: Aitkins
Stats: 209/206/140
BF:
Progress: 4%
Wink

HI...

You know, that I a big problem for me too...my breath is awful. Even my little 4 year old grandchild asked my to turn my face.

If you get any answers about the flax o meal, i would be happy to hear. I found a recipe on these forum pages somewhere (don't remember), but it was a homemade "porridge" using ground flax and vegatable protein.

I am curious as well as to the "legality" of it. Wanna know why?...wait until you get so constipated you can't move?....that is why I need it!!!!! - not to mention the nutritional value.

hope someone will answer us!
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Feb-26-02, 19:53

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 168.5/161.5/155
BF:
Progress: 52%

Hi goodnugg!
When eating a low carb diet, your tongue can get coated in the back. I would try brushing your tongue when you brush your teeth. Then use some mouthwash. Consider brushing more often than twice a day. Listerine has also marketed a strip that you can put on your tongue to freshen you breath. I can't imagine that it contains any carbs. It tastes just like listerine. It good for a quick breath freshener.

Good luck
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Feb-26-02, 20:04

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 168.5/161.5/155
BF:
Progress: 52%

Hi goodnugg!
When eating a low carb diet, your tongue can get coated in the back. I would try brushing your tongue when you brush your teeth. Then use some mouthwash. Consider brushing more often than twice a day. Listerine has also marketed a strip that you can put on your tongue to freshen you breath. I can't imagine that it contains any carbs. It tastes just like listerine. It good for a quick breath freshener.

Good luck
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Feb-27-02, 12:43

Plan: atkins
Stats: 175/170/135
BF:
Progress: 13%
Cool

thank you for the tips, can't kids be brutal?! i suppose it is more important to be healthy and regular than completely fixate on whether or not i can eat something. i will try brushing my teeth more. that should make my dentist happy too. leftovers are good too. savory things are quite tasty in the morning. i guess it is just getting the right balance that is hard. well- have a great day the weather is beautiful here, so even though i am stuck inside it is inspiring me to go for a nicce walk at lunch! bye- goodnugg