Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Candida Yeast & IBS
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jan-03-05, 19:04
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins, Candida friendly
Stats: 215/210/140 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 7%
Default Chocolate Candy Recipe

Rocks and everyone else. Here is a recipe that has helped me through my chocolate cravings. Hope you enjoy it.

1 cup Virgin Coconut oil, melted

1 cup WonderCocoa This is a caffeine free cocoa powder. If you cant find it that is fine, just use Hersheys or whatever you can find. Just check the lables for added ingrediants.

Pinch of Sea Salt

1-2 Tablespoons of Stevia Plus(adjust to your taste)

1/4-1/2 Teaspoon Kal Stevia(my favorite, but you can just use what you have on hand, I keep tasting to see how sweet I want it)

1 Tablespoon Vanilla or Almond or Peppermint or whatever creation you want to try. I will sometimes use vanilla and a bit of coconut flavoring. You need to find a brand that doesnt contain any sugar and if possible no alcohol, it will feed the yeast.

Extras you can add if you would like

Chopped nuts such as walnuts, pecans, almonds. About 2 handfulls is what I do.

Sugar Free shredded coconut

Nuc or melt oil in glass bowl or pan on stove on low. Mix the coconut oil and cocoa together in a large bowl. Blend well and no lumps remain. Warming the oil help alot. Add the sea salt, flavoring and stevia/s and mix well. Make sure you mix well as the stevia is sometimes hard to mix all over. If the mixture gets a bit stiff it could be cooling down to quickly so just pop it in the microwave slightly so it will be pourable.

Spread out onto a lightly sprayed sheet or cover it will foil or plastic wrap that is the same size as the pan. This will help it come out of the pan better. Now a cookie sheet will make a thin chocolate but if you use a 13x9 pan it will make it much thicker. Freeze this mixture for about 1/2 hour or so depending on the thickness. Break into pieces and put them into freezer bag or container and keep frozen.

To break the thicker batch into pieces I use a kitchen mallet and knife.

Now this is VERY addictive and in my house it can go like hotcakes. My son and his girl didnt know it wasnt made with reg sugar and they loved it! This really helps with my Chocolate cravings!

Frontier Alcohol Free flavorings... I get at the health food store or health food section at my local grocer. They are a bit costly but well worth it for Candida sufferers.

Coconut oil I do order from www.tropicaltraditions.com It is somewhat expensive but well worth it as it also kills candida. Caprylic Acid is from coconut oil so you are helping your candida while eating a scrumptous treat.

Sugar Free coconut flakes are found at healthfood stores

Wonder Cocoa I get at my health food store BUT if I cant afford it or dont have it on hand I just use hersheys. Here is a pic of it. http://www.thebetterhealthstore.com...?sku=3115630002
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jan-03-05, 22:20
Registered Member

Plan: atkins,candidia
Stats: 145/135/125 Male 5feet3
BF:
Progress: 50%
Default Thank you carol r./Life saver

Thanks so much for the recipe, can't wait to try it, I will be shopping tomoro that's for sure.

I'll let you know how it turns out, Bye: rocks
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Jan-09-05, 08:07
Registered Member

BF:
Question Cool Stuff

Hey Carol R,

Do I have to have two kinds of stevia , or will the powder do.

~Rocks
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jan-10-05, 20:38
Registered Member

BF:

Hi Rocks. Sorry I havent responded sooner. I have been dealing with a horrible head chest cold since 12/31. Its a real killer that has you thinking your going to be better then SLAM its right there again!

You just go ahead and use whatever stevia you have. I will use 2 types to give it a different taste. Some stevias just dont taste the same. I like Stevia Plus and Kal Stevia myself. I use them in anything that needs sweetening.

Hope your doing well and let me know how it turns out. I have a few other recipes I will post soon that go with the chocolate for those "gotta have chocolate" days. I will post a brownie and Almond cracker recipe that has helped me so much. I have basically took low carb and canddia recipes and kinda merged them to help get some new things to eat.

Do you visit any other candida sites?
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Jan-11-05, 08:05
Registered Member

BF:
Default Yum,yum,yum,

Boy that chocolate is sure GOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!!. The recipe all worked fine, I made a batch with almonds and a batch without, There is really quite a bit 2 . Thanks agin for helping me over come these cravings.

I do go to lots of sites, I think this is the best right here, have you got any thing your looking for maybe I can Help you out, I have found all the best top of the line goodies and my best friend has a health food store also! I am a aim barley green dist. a young living oil dist. a lifeforce dist. The LORD has hooked me up very well with very good products plus many more I have learned about on the Doug Kauffman show on a skyanglel tv show.

just let me know what your looking for ~~~~Rocks
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Jan-13-05, 20:39
Registered Member

BF:
Lightbulb www.knowthecause.com

Heres the best web site with all kinds of links www.knowthecause.com
Doug Kauffman has out 7 books and he is on top of the yeast deal, check him out. He has A forum also. for yeast.
~~~~~Rocks

Last edited by rocks101 : Thu, Jan-13-05 at 21:12. Reason: 2add2
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Jan-13-05, 21:38
Registered Member

BF:

Thanks for posting Rocks! I do a lot of reading on the web about this problem. I am always interested in seeing another Christians perspective on Candida is. Just some FYI for you on other sites that seem to have good info

www.curezone.com look for Candidia

www.yeastconnection.com look on left side for disussion boards. Some great people there.

www.wholeapproach.com. Intereting approach they have and some good stuff to read.

yahoo groups look for Candida.

On your distributing stuff. What website do you have for them? I will check into it. Do you take this barley green and others? I am very funny about what I can take as the candida really has me down and out alot. I am allergic to most things and most grains are out of the question, fruits are a no no, sometimes even the stuff I can normally eat bothers me. Its going to be a longer road then I imagined.

Blessings,
Carol