Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Feb-21-02, 11:43

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 207/174/145 Female 68"
BF:
Progress: 53%
Question whats your average weightloss each month?

Just wondering if Im normal or what..Whats been you average weighloss each month This is my eigth week on the atkins WOE my first month I lost 12 pnds this month only 5 I havnt lost nothing in a few weeks it seems I stall every two weeks Then Bam I'll drop 2-3 pnds overnight. Hoping that swoosh fairy will pay me a visit again.I was hoping to at least loose 8 pnds this month. Is it normal to go this slow when you got along way to goal?Any replies are GREATLY APPRECIEATED
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Feb-21-02, 12:44

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Melanie, to answer your question, everyone's 'average' will be different - from you and very often from the month they had previously. What matters is the continued downward progress. To give you an idea, if you were to take my last two months my average would be 5lbs a month. If you took the two before that it would have been closer to 11 lbs a month. What I find more interesting is that despite the difference in scale weight from month to month I am still losing inches at a rate that makes me very happy. This is what keeps me going - fitting into my smaller sized clothing!

Fat loss is not a constant progression down - just like it wasn't one on the way up. I'm a visual person - I 'get' things better when I can see them. When I need reminding as to just how far I have come I head over to fitday.com and pull up the reports tab. "How has my weight changed over.....X" Looking at that puts it all in perspective. It also assures me that things are moving in the right direction, despite the ups and downs I see. Keeping track of inches lost is also something I do every week and it is something I recommend very strongly.

Nat

Here's what my last two months look like:
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Feb-21-02, 12:57

Stats: 235/167/167 Female 167cm
BF:45%/25.5%/20%

Things also stabilise a bit more after about 2-3 months. Since then I have been losing around 5-7lbs per month. It was much higher in the first three months

Lesley
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Feb-21-02, 13:23

Plan: mostly paleo
Stats: //
BF:also don't care

15 pounds per month the first month

after that, average of 2 pounds/month when on track

(off-track, I gain.)
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Feb-21-02, 14:47

BF:

Thank you so much for your relies

Thank you Nat for showing your chart & as usual your sweet encouragment.I have been checking my inches but they havnt changed in over 2 weeks as the scale hasnt changed in a week thought it was two weeks but checked journal my last loss was last thursday 1/2 a pnd.So guess im fretting I just get so worried that my Calories are to high.I think Im bloated again dont no why I took your advice & now Im drinking over 128 oz a day I notice the Water gives me more energy.I also started the Atkins diet atvantage pills this week.I guess somtimes we here stories of people like this guy in our church he says hes lost 27 pnds in 6 weeks But every time I see him eat at the fellowship meatings hes eating extremly high carb & hes on atkins his wife just told me last night my husband can have sara lee cheese cake on his diet Im like Oh really what diets he on oh the atkins diet yea right I told her hes pulling her leg theres no way Sara lees cheesecakes are LC I wish..I havnt cheated at all & here I am only 17 pnds lost at 8 weeks but one thing for sure defferance hes only doing it to loose weight... for me this is a New way of life so guess I shouldnt worry how slow it goes its for life & in time it'll come off. I love this WOL I feel better then I have in years..Well enough rambling for now THANK YOU ALL....
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Feb-21-02, 17:28

Plan: atkins/PP/my own
Stats: 180/133/140
BF:sz 14/4-6/toned 4
Progress: 118%
Angry men!!

Melanie,

Please don't look at men and compare yourself!! Men are metabolical freaks compared to us ladies! LOL My boyfriend went on this diet with me, and we are 7 weeks in and he's already eating wheat bread, and cheats all the time. Yet he shrunk down much faster than me. His lovehandles went from big to *almost* nonexistant! I think it's funny really.

Then again, that guy and his wife from your church sound pretty dumb. Wait a few months, that cheesecake will come and bite him on the a$$ soon enough!

Personally, the last few weeks I've lost about 2 pounds a week. IRonically, after the initial 10 lb water loss in the first week, I noticed that restricting my carbs made me "stall" a bit. Upping my carbs to about 30-40 is where I seem to lose the most consistantly. I like being able to add onions and tomato to things for seasoning (both are kinda carby for veggies, but they are my fav). Maybe that would help you?? Have you been at induction levels this whole time?
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Feb-21-02, 18:25

Plan: Atkins/ Protein Power
Stats: 173/140/140 Female 69.5
BF:2ndX w/ Atkins

My loss has gone like this:
Month 1 (Oct - Nov) :173-159 = 14lbs
Month 2 (Nov - Dec) : 159-147 = 12 lbs
Month 3 (Dec - Jan) : 147- 143 = 4 lbs
Month 4 (Jan - Feb) : 143 - 140ish = 3 lbs

I'm hoping to average better than that in Monthes 5/6 to have 13 combined lost. I have to remind myself that I have increased my carbs and caffeine in 3/4 so I think that's the problem.

Good Luck,
Erin
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Feb-22-02, 09:51

Plan: atkins/protein power 1st
Stats: 269/278/210 Male 5 feet 10 ins.
BF:33%/30%/ ?
Progress: -15%
Default A metabolic freak am I!

Just you wait until I catch up with you Gracie.

I am just like the rest of you. Post induction settling in at 4/5 pounds a month.

I am keeping a record chart at two week intervals of weight, 6 key measurements and BP. When I reach target I may even publish it for all to see.

Definately recommend getting assistance with the measurement so you are not tempted succomb to wishful thinking.

Mrs R does the inside leg measurements and that is quite fun.
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Feb-22-02, 15:12

Plan: atkins-ish
Stats: 403/403/299 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default my progress...

...has been very similar to all of you

Sept- Oct: -10
Oct- Nov: -12
Nov- Dec: -3
Dec- Jan: -0 (umm...hehe, you know...the holidays and all)
Jan- Feb: -4

this month so far: -6 (did a week of induction to get back in gear)

It's comforting to know that I'm on track with everyone else!

Peace,
Tesia
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Feb-22-02, 18:08

BF:

Thank you all for your many replies They really encouraged me that Im normal..

gracie Yes Ive been averaging 20 or below but Ive gone beyond just induction food its hard to bring my carbs higher as Im getting where carbs are too sweet..My calories are between 1800-2300 & fat intake is between 67-72% protein intake 32%..I have a feeling the swoosh fairy is going to pay me a visit soon.Well gotta go bye