Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Feb-21-02, 11:49

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 226/198/140
BF:
Progress: 33%
Unhappy six weeks today...

it's six weeks today since i've started Atkins. I lost 12 lbs in the first three weeks and since then nada. I've measured myself at the beginning and again this morning and i've maybe lost a total inch loss of about 4" over my entire body(neck to ankles). What am i doing wrong? I also drink about 3 litres of water per day. I'm getting a little discouraged right about now. I've been trying to be patient withmyself, but to see no progress is very hard. I feel alot better so i suppose that's a bonus but i'd be happier if some fat would come off.

I need some encouraging words, please

Deb
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Feb-21-02, 11:56

Plan: AHP&FP
Stats: 197/125/137 Female 5' 6"
BF:42%/22%/21%
Progress: 120%

What are you doing wrong? I am a bit confused here.

12 pounds
4 inches

In 6 weeks is fantastic! Congrats to you!

May I ask how long it took you to go from goal weight to current weight?

I know it took me 10 years to gain 60 pounds. It has taken me a mere 10 months to take 40 of that off. 5 of that took 8 months to go away.

Change your perspective a bit and look at it a different way. 12 pounds is wonderful!

Keep up the marvelous job!
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Feb-21-02, 12:02

BF:

agonycat: thanks for the pep talk. I guess I want it to come off RIGHT NOW! I also guess it won't. Time moves very slowly when you want something very badly. I guess i'll just keep my head down and plow through my negative feelings.

Thanks
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Feb-21-02, 12:07

Plan: AHP&FP
Stats: 197/125/137 Female 5' 6"
BF:42%/22%/21%
Progress: 120%

Trust me. I have been in your shoes. That 5 pounds that took 8 months drove me crazy

I kept having to give myself the pep talk of "10 years 60 pounds be patient!"

But ya know...it's really okay. Even at a pound a week that is 52 pounds a year. 1 pound every couple of weeks is 26 pounds less. It all adds up over time.

Cheer up and give yourself a big ole hug and pat on the back for finally treating your body to a healthy diet.
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Feb-21-02, 12:20

BF:
Exclamation news flash

I just finished reading someone else's post about sugar free Metamucil! I've been using 2 heaping tablespoonfuls every second day to up my fiber intake. Now i read that each tsp(?) has five grams of carbs from sugar based fillers. That makes me so mad! I'm furious that they can call it sugar-free when it really isn't. I'm going to take the advice to buy the Psyllium husks at the bulk store. Can't it be ground finer than it is, does anyone know? Maybe that's why i'm frustrating myself.

we'll see

Deb