Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Dec-20-04, 11:50

Plan: atkins
Stats: 180/180/140 Female 5.5
BF:Si, mucho!
Progress: 0%
Default New Years Induction Start over challenge.

Hi,
I thank everyone for there imput on my last thread and now I would like to see how many of us are out there that have been playing around for a while like me and now want to get serious again.

I propose that we start on New Years Day!

As for me I have been messing around too long to jump back on this minute with the Holidays comming. I am not strong enough.

But would anyone like to join me on New Years Day?

I started a ticker. And it is current for today.
But I suggest we start one for New Years.
Anyone with me? Those of you out there trying to get motivated again. Lets help each other.....
Have a great day.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Dec-20-04, 11:54
Brown-Eyed Girl

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 260/153/155 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 102%

I hear you there. I've been doing (pretty) good during the week, but all the christmas parties are starting to get the best of me and I'm already up 5 pounds. I will definately need to restart Induction as the beginning of the year sets in - and will need LOTS of support.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Dec-20-04, 19:59

Stats: 164/159.5/122 Female 63 inches
BF:39%/39%/29%
Progress: 11%
Talking

I'm in! I was doing so good until the Christmas parties started too! I've been eating anything this past week, feeling terrible, but doing it anyway. I know I can't start again until Christmas is over, so I'll start over with Induction on the first of January. Hope you guys will be my support.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Dec-21-04, 10:29

Plan: keto/paleo with IF 18/6
Stats: 215.0/198.6/175 Female 68
BF:yes
Progress: 41%
Default I'm in! =)

I came to this thread looking for something that would start at New Years. Thanks for starting this thread!

Since I broke up with the BF, I have been on a hi-carb rollercoaster and I gained back 7 pounds.
I have not been eating the Christmas baking at work for some reason (good enough tho!). Maybe it is because I have chosen to take some control again.

Good luck to us in the new year!!

Mae
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Dec-21-04, 11:50

Plan: Atkins / Curves
Stats: 182.0/182.0/150 Female 5'6"
BF:27.2
Progress: 0%

Count me in too, I've been slipping as well. I'm off all next week for Christmas holidays, so I plan on working out every day to give me a kick start into the new year, then back at it full force on New Years day.

Vikki
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Dec-22-04, 02:11
Registered Member

Stats: 227/218/185 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 21%

Hey, gang, count me in too. I am so disappointed that I gave myself permission to eat high amounts of carbs for the holidays because I'm up about 6 pounds already. I knew I would gain a little, but I had no idea it would be this much so fast because I have not allowed myself to eat any sugar and I still walk 30 minutes every day. This just shows me that I can still gain without simple sugars and how I'm not going to be able to eat much more than induction levels to keep losing.

Thanks for the idea and starting this thread. I actually plan on getting a head start by knocking off all this high carb stuff directly after this weekend. I'm certainly going to be needing all the support I can get because I find returning to induction hard and I admit I've enjoyed every extra carb I've allowed myself the past 6 pounds.
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Dec-22-04, 08:35
blah

Stats: 238/225.2/199 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 33%

I'm in too...Just been eating way too much and gaining like a mad woman. Started taking Birth Control Pills a month ago as a preventitive cancer method and they are causing holy hell with my system. I even look at them and I gain. So ya, I'm totally in come Jan 1.

Denine
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Dec-22-04, 11:20

Stats: 215/204/170 Female 58
BF:
Progress: 24%

I'm in - letting myself go for the holidays this year was a big mistake. I'm ready to rein it all in and start feeling good again!
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Dec-22-04, 14:09

Stats: 231/187/140 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 48%

Please count me in too!

I haven't lost a pound since December of 2003! I have maintained my 25 pound loss so.... yay! ... I guess, but I never got to my goal of 135. I'd like to lose 10 pounds this year WITHOUT FAIL!
I would be very happy about that. If I happen to lose more, woopdeedoo for me, but I will settle for a goal of losing 10 pounds .... SOON!
See ya on January 1st.

current weight - 142.
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Dec-22-04, 15:09
Registered Member

Plan: Modified Atkins
Stats: 164.2/156.4/140 Female 67 in.
BF:
Progress: 32%

Yes, count me in also. I've been playing with this low carb WOE for almost a year and only lost 5 lbs. so far - serves me right! But come Jan. 1st I'm getting serious.
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Dec-22-04, 18:37
Registered Member

Stats: 199/146/130 Female 164cm
BF:
Progress: 77%

Count me in! I've had a really good 6 months on the WOE and i hope to be at my goal within the next 3 - 4 months! Ive been slacking off a lot at this time of the year...there are just too many sweet temptations! This is just the kickstart i need...no more cheating for me
  #12   ^
Old Sun, Dec-26-04, 15:34

Stats: 228/209/160 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress:
Red face New Year

I started the low carb diet back in June of 2004 and I was at 228 and now I am at 209 with the exception that I have gained 4 pounds in the last month from not doing right. But I want to start this over again. I am in school and working a full time job. I'm stressed and just eat. I need the support also if anyone can help me maybe email daily to keep eachother motiviated. I don't deal with a lot fo people but I have been told that I am not that large and don't need to loose weight. I feel so much better now that I have lost some but I'm tired all the time since I have been eating everything under the sun.
  #13   ^
Old Sun, Dec-26-04, 19:05

Stats: 186/183/130 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 5%

Hi everyone, I think it's a wonderful idea to start the year out right, so count me in, I've been pigging out since December too. I've also been playing with the woe and need to get serious, I even brought a jacket for Christmas that I can't get in without losing at least 10lbs to show that I'm gonna be serious! Good luck to you all, may we be the biggest losers ever, and a Hapee New Year!
  #14   ^
Old Sun, Dec-26-04, 21:16

Plan: Low carb/healthy
Stats: 154.4/119.0/125 Female 5ft4 and 3/4ths
BF:don't ask...
Progress: 120%

Please count me in as well. I started this low-carb diet the first of October..Did great until the holidays hit. To much temptation and not enough motivation I guess. Ready to start back on the induction and loosing the weight again. Felt so good when eating right..feel so bloated when not...Well duh? whats wrong with this picture? lol...Ready to loose the weight for good and eating healthy as a way of Life..

Allergymom/Linda
  #15   ^
Old Mon, Dec-27-04, 12:11

Plan: My own
Stats: 180.4/173/132 Female 63inches
BF:Far too much
Progress: 15%

Helllooooo everyone,

I have been VERY VERY VERY bad this past year and gained all the weight back . But, now I plan to start my new year with the right attitude and plenty of motivations. But I will need a lot of support. Please be there for me and yewhew vount me in for the new year. I am actually so excited that I am actually counting down to the new year.

Celia