Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, May-21-01, 17:17

Plan: protein power
Stats: 190/150/145
BF:
Progress: 89%
Unhappy okay...i think i may be doing some damage

okay guys....i need FEEDBACK on this one...

i have found that (and i think it has to do with me being a TRUE virgo) i am slipping into a routine with food....i'm not sick of the routine---i am usually like this where i could eat the same stuff day after day for months and not be tired of it....well, here's my dilema.......

my food has consisted mostly of red meats and hard boiled eggs-----that's it!!!!!!!..i'm not hungry for anything else except for the occasional dive into the peanut butter jar......

now---i know what you're thinking.....you need SOME carbs in your diet!!!!!!!....yeah---i know, but if i'm not hungry for these other foods MUST I FORCE MYSELF TO EAT THEM?????!!!!!!!

also...i have started a new job that i am just so excited about that i actually forget to eat all day!!!!!!!....then it hits me (when the headache comes along) that i haven't eaten!!!!!....is this nuts or what?!?!?!?....lol
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, May-21-01, 17:55

Plan: CKD
Stats: 245/215/130
BF:
Progress:

As long as your doing good and feeling good...I think its fine. And Carry a bag of pork skins and some beef jerky...just in case you get hungry...or forget to go to lunch.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, May-21-01, 18:01
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Default Re: okay...i think i may be doing some damage

Quote:
Originally posted by sherrybee
now---i know what you're thinking.....you need SOME carbs in your diet!!!!!!!....yeah---i know, but if i'm not hungry for these other foods MUST I FORCE MYSELF TO EAT THEM?????!!!!!!!
[/B]

I think so. What you are describing is zero-carb, not low carb. It's zero fiber too. A green salad will do though. Do you like pickles?

I also force feed myself to eat breakfast even though I'm never hungry in the morning. But skipping meals, slows your metabolism and fat loss.

You job sounds like my previous job, and when things get really busy and I forget my needs, I blow it and get back to my old habits.

Wa'il
  #4   ^
Old Mon, May-21-01, 18:07

BF:

i LOVE pickles...should i just get a huge jar to eat a work??????
  #5   ^
Old Mon, May-21-01, 18:13

Plan:
Stats: 175/140/130
BF:
Progress:

Sherrybee, Don't you get contipated eating just meat and eggs!
I sure would and you do need some veggies, at least after induction. Wish I could eat like that. I am obsessed about food and my weight. I need to keep busier I guess.
Norma
  #6   ^
Old Mon, May-21-01, 18:16
Forum Founder

As long as you count the carbs

I'm not a salad person myself, but if made my way, I love it. Like green salad with lot's of fetta cheese, olive oil. You have to enjoy what you eat, if it's going to be a way of life, so try a few creations until you find something you like

Wa'il
  #7   ^
Old Mon, May-21-01, 18:17

BF:

ummm...errrrrrrrrr.......yes----the plumbing is clogged
  #8   ^
Old Mon, May-21-01, 18:18
Forum Founder

Quote:
Originally posted by NNN
Sherrybee, Don't you get contipated eating just meat and eggs!
I sure would and you do need some veggies, at least after induction. Wish I could eat like that. I am obsessed about food and my weight. I need to keep busier I guess.
Norma

Hi Norma, I missed you How are you doing?

Wa'il
  #9   ^
Old Mon, May-21-01, 18:24

Plan:
BF:
Progress:

Hi Wa'il
  #10   ^
Old Mon, May-21-01, 18:31

Plan:
BF:
Progress:
Default Hi Wa'il

I have been busy and have seen all the messages coming in from the forum. Finally we have some nice weather here so I am back to walking a couple of miles a day with the dog after work. Good on the low carbs but not low enough I guess as I am not losing. I hang in there though as I feel so much better . Every day I am surrounded by chocolate and bars at work and resist it. But today I sort of hacked away too much at the cauliflower.
I have gained 20 pounds since last year when DH and I both gave up smoking. He doesn't miss it at all now and Me. well, I am tempted to reward myself with something and end up ramming gum or something in my mouth. It will be almost a year. But the weight I am fighting and hating .
HOw about you?
Norma12
  #11   ^
Old Mon, May-21-01, 18:42
Forum Founder

Default Re: Hi Wa'il

Quote:
Originally posted by NNN
[B]I have been busy and have seen all the messages coming in from the forum. Finally we have some nice weather here so I am back to walking a couple of miles a day with the dog after work. Good on the low carbs but not low enough I guess as I am not losing. I hang in there though as I feel so much better .

But you're not gaining, other than for the short period after quitting smoking, which is much better.

Quote:
HOw about you?

I've lost 10 lbs recently after a long stall due to my asthma medication. Hopefully if I don't use them that much, I might see more loss. But summer is the worst for my asthma and might have to start using the inhalers soon.

Wa'il
  #12   ^
Old Mon, May-21-01, 18:49

Plan:
BF:
Progress:
Default Asthma

Interesting Wa'il about the medication and being hard to lose. Is it with Puffers? It is good to know these things in case some one asks me.
norma
  #13   ^
Old Mon, May-21-01, 19:25
Forum Founder

Default Re: Asthma

Quote:
Originally posted by NNN
Interesting Wa'il about the medication and being hard to lose. Is it with Puffers? It is good to know these things in case some one asks me.
norma

Yep, some of those inhalers may stall some people. But people react differently, I've corresponded with other asthmatic low-carbers who use the inhalers but without this effect, and others who react the same.

Wa'il
  #14   ^
Old Mon, May-21-01, 23:45
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default Re: okay...i think i may be doing some damage

Quote:
Originally posted by sherrybee
okay guys....i need FEEDBACK on this one...

my food has consisted mostly of red meats and hard boiled eggs-----that's it!!!!!!!..i'm not hungry for anything else except for the occasional dive into the peanut butter jar......

Hmm. I think that eating this way is just as extreme as having toast for breakfast, a burger, fries and Coke for lunch, a dinner of pasta with a big bowl of ice cream for dessert, then eating popcorn while watching TV.

I know the appetite suppressing effects of eating this way is great, but how are you going to eat in the long term?

Part of this WOL is educating yourself how to eat properly so you will operate at maximum health with peace of mind.

So, EAT SOME VEGETABLES!

Karen
  #15   ^
Old Wed, May-23-01, 10:27

Plan: Basic lo-carb/High Protein
Stats: 278/229/190
BF:
Progress:
Question

Hey that's kind of funny...(the Virgo thing)...I am also a Virgo & basically have no problem eating the same exact thing every day(haha) ...8am protein shake 10am protein bar 12pm salad w/can-o-tuna 2pm protein bar 4pm tuna with cheese 7pm Ground beef patty with cheese ...It may not be the best thing to eat the same thing every day, but hey, I'm losing weight right?