Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Feb-16-02, 06:41

Plan: I am going to follow Atkins
Stats: 200/197/140
BF:
Progress: 5%
Angry Bad week

Hi everyone I am having an extremely tough 2 days. When I started last Saturday, I was very good about my concentrating on the DO's and DONT's but for two days now my daughter has been sick with the stomach bug, so I have had less sleep and less time to concentrate on what I am eating (seems everytime it's mommy time she gets sick again) I skipped breakfast 2 days in a row and I think that is where my downfall was. I seemed to be hungry all day and would grab for whatever was at my fingertips good or bad. I tried to drink as much water as possible, I keep a 64oz bottle in the fridge so that I can be sure that I am drinking at least that much in a day, I was trying for more. Well anyway I hope that I can get back on track today. I have only been up since 3:00a.m. as compared to all night
If I can only get through my sons two birthday parties without caving in. Cross your fingers for me to my son.
Thanks for all support here at this forum.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Feb-16-02, 06:53

Plan: AHP&FP
Stats: 197/125/137 Female 5' 6"
BF:42%/22%/21%
Progress: 120%

Jeanne, it happens to all of us.

There are times when I travel that my whole week is just totally blown due to logistic problems and safe foods. However if given the choice of not eating over eating the wrong stuff guess what? I eat the wrong stuff because I don't want the bodys trigger for starvation to kick in.

If I have to eat the wrong foods I do keep close track of calories and I try very hard NOT to over do it. This way I know I am not overeating and what I am consuming will get burned off. So far it's worked

Just hang in there and stick to it. It takes time to condition the mental thoughts to eat the good stuff instead of junk food.

Hope your daughter is feeling well soon so mommy can take care of herself
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Feb-16-02, 07:06

BF:
Talking Thanks agaony

This is why I love this forum. The replies help you to know you can make it through the day. I also looked at your stats it looks like you have doen great on this plan. How long have you been LCing? I also would like to know if what I was doing earlier in the week is okay for this diet or not. Would you mind answering this for me? For breakfast 2 egg, steak, 3 pieces green onion, and mozz cheese omellete. Lunch- 1 cup lettuce with ham cut up 1 Tbsp diet French dressing, Supper Chicken with not even tsp spaghetti sauce with mozzarella cheese on top, another salad with eggs, ham, vinegar, oil dressing. For my snacks I used sugarfree Peanut Butter on 2 stalks of celery. I had to have those snacks, I have hypoglycemia, sugar dips way to low not to. I have also been drinking plenty of water, water, water. Any input would be appreciated.
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Feb-16-02, 07:16

Not at all Jeanne

I started April of last year. The closer I get to goal the slower the weight is coming off but that is okay. For 10 years I gained 6 pounds consistantly....this is the first year the scale actually moved backwards *laf* I really don't mind the scale moving slowly now. Yes, sometimes it gets frustrating...almost feel like jumping up and down to get the scale to move. But when I think about it, I relax. It is only my body saying holy moly I feel skinny after dropping all that weight so fast! Let me rest a bit, so I am letting it rest. It was very patient with me for 10 years of weight gain....the least I can do is be patient with it while it helps me get back to goal.

Your menu looks fine. I see you are mixing in the veggies which is a good thing. Watch the cheese intake however. Dr A limits 3 to 4 oz a day. You may also watch consuming too much ham because of the salt they cure it in. I know I love the stuff, but eating too much of it is a bad thing with water retention.

I don't see you consuming any artifical sweeteners Good going on that part! Keep your chin up and resolve to eat healthier and lose the weight
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Feb-16-02, 07:23

BF:
Talking Thanks again

I just weighed myself second time this week and was very impressed that I had actually lost another pound. That makes (3) since last Saturday YEAH!!!!!! I know that I will do better especially when my daughter gets better lets hope my son doesn't get it now. Thanks for the info on my menu, it helps to know I am on the right track. Do you know where I would change or edit the fact that I have lost weight? I have been looking around but I can't seem to find it.
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Feb-16-02, 07:26

Click the profile icon under the orange bar at the top of the forums. Then select the edit profile and bingo!

Congrats on your loss so far! Keep going.