Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #13   ^
Old Mon, May-21-01, 11:14

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 182/168/140 Female 5'4"
BF:40%/38%/?
Progress: 33%
Smile

OK, here it is:

Chocolate Cake
--------------------

1 cup soy flour
1 cup Splenda granular
1 to 2 Tbsp. cocoa (depending on how chocolatey you like it)
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. vanilla
2 eggs
3 Tbsp. sour cream
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup whipping cream
1/4 cup chopped walnuts (optional)

Mix flour, Splenda, baking powder, cocoa and set aside. Beat eggs until light yellow in color, about 2 minutes. Add sour cream, whipping cream and water and blend until mixed. Stir in flour mixture with the vegetable oil. Add vanilla and mix until all incorporated.

Grease a 9" square pan. Pour batter into pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 - 25 minutes.

Without optional frosting (below) the entire cake has about 35 grams of carbohydrates.

Optional Frosting
----------------------

Take 1 and 1/2 cups of Splenda granular and place in a food processor. Process until it resembles powdered sugar. Mix in 1 to 2 Tbsp. cocoa, set aside. Take 1/2 cup cold butter and mix in mixing bowl about 2 minutes. Gradually add the Splenda/cocoa mixture. If it is a little stiff, add a few drops of whipping cream, if it is too thin add a little more processed Splenda. Add 1 tsp. vanilla flavoring. Spread on cooled cake.

Store in refrigerator.

----------------------------------------------------------

When I did the Black Forest Cake I omitted the nuts and the frosting, just used the cake (I tripled the recipe and put it in two 9 x 13 pans to make a 9 x 13 double layer cake - I had 30 people to serve) and then put the Lucky Leaf Splenda sweetened cherry pie filling in the middle and frosted with Splenda sweetened whipped cream

I found the cake a little dry, so I added 2 oz of melted unsweetened chocolate and increased the sour cream to 4 Tbsp.

Enjoy!