Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Fri, Sep-24-04, 23:34

Plan: modified LC carb cycling
Stats: 182/148/125 Female 5"6
BF:
Progress: 60%

Thank you Red!

I actually feel quite a bit better already. About 4:00 I went for a walk with Maggie, and voila, I can walk down the stairs again without doing a crabwalk holding onto the rail.

I sure hope I get the same success as you with all this. I'm sooo tired of being fat! I want to buy clothes, feel feminine, pretty again. It's coming I know, I just want it all NOW!!!

At least I want it, and that's the key to getting there.

Thanks for the encouragement Red! I appreciate it.

We're off for our last camping trip of the year tomorrow. 2 days of hiking, can't wait.

Have a great weekend!

Maggie
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Sat, Sep-25-04, 07:33
Mad Scientist

Plan: Healthy eating/lifestyle
Stats: 156/115/115 Female 5'4 - small frame
BF:
Progress: 100%

Oh, the camping trip sounds like fun!

Yes, we'd love to see some pictures of your baby!

Wanda
  #48   ^
Old Sat, Sep-25-04, 10:19
Mad Scientist

BF:

Quote:
i just wanted to say that I just started doing free squats and bench, and I find it scary too, without a spotter. I think it's a better workout tho. Good for you for doing this. A lot of women just stick to the 'machines.'

I've always loved bench presses, even from back in my 20's when I used to lift a lot. Of course, then DH was working out with me so I had a spot. I don't like dumbbell bench presses as much, so I switched to the barbell, spotter be damned.

Yep, those ATF squats are the best cardio you could ever find, huh? I noticed you were limping around a bit. I absolutely hate life when I'm doing them. I wish I could lift heavier squats, but my knee gives out on me. Hopefully with time.....

Have a great camping trip.

Wanda
  #49   ^
Old Mon, Sep-27-04, 11:30
"Natural Mystic"

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 178/108/120 Female 5' 1"
BF:45%/17%/15%
Progress: 121%

Hi Maggie! Hope your weekend was fun. I bet you all enjoyed the camping trip. The legs got lots of work again. Are they feeling better?

It's beautiful here today and we had great weekend weather too. I hope it lasts until late October.

Have a great Monday!

red
  #50   ^
Old Mon, Sep-27-04, 15:35

BF:

Hi Red, hi Wanda

Back from camping. Saturday we spent the whole day "getting" there LOL, and Sunday we went for a short, steep hike to see some wild sheep on the mountain. It was windy! So windy we were afraid we were going to get blown off the mountain, so it was short.

I could definately feel it in my legs. It was great to get away, have a campfire and enjoy the fall colors. It was quite warm.

I did my leg workout today. My legs have not recovered from last week.

Squats went ok, my right quad muscle about the knee was hurting, so I went slow with it.

I'm not sure about doing lunges afterward. My ass was already so tired and sore from the squats, I could feel it again with the lunges. I also think lunges work the quad a bit too.

Anyhow, I did all sets but the heavy set of 6. My legs, butt, everything was just killing me. Whine, whine.

I did 30 minutes of cardio on the bike after, and again, my legs were just toast.

I can't believe a few sets of squats can do this!

Tomorrow I'm flying down East, and will be on a plane for most of the day, so that's why I did my cardio today. My goal for the week is to find a way to eat properly while at this conference. We get fed, break, lunch and dinner daily, and I can imagine just what exactly that is.

Today's workout:

Squats:

12 x 45
10x 55
8x 65
6 x 75
12 x 45

Leg extensions:

12 X 50

Lunges:

12 x 20
10 x 30
8 x 40
12 x 20

Leg curls

12 x 60

30 minutes on stationary bike, legs toast!

Maggie
  #51   ^
Old Tue, Sep-28-04, 22:07

BF:

I arrived in Toronto today, so far not doing too good with my food!!!

Started off ok, on the plane, was served 2 muffins, cheese and grapes for breakfast. I ate the cheese, and the grapes and gave away the rest.

Fast forward to lunch, a tinsy serving of chicken on a 1/4 c bed of rice, chickpea salad and a roll. Typical airline food. Of course I ate the roll because I was so 'unsatisfied'!

Dinner when I got into Toronto (and I had great intentions!) halibut with a couple of tiny pieces of roasted potatoes, and green beans. Unfortunately it came with a basket of ROLLS, and I devoured two when I should have flushed them down the toilet.

My big issue with traveling is the portions of the good stuff, that I can eat are tiny, and then I chow of the BAD stuff cause I'm still hungry.

Tomorrow is a new day. I've decided I can't afford the room service menu, since they jack on $3, plus 15% gratuity, plus 14% tax to an already absurdly priced menu. So I have little cans of tuna and some protein powder.

I'm going to check out the gym tomorrow evening. At this point I'm just praying I can maintain.

On a positive note I'm not sore at all from my last leg workout, so that's very encourgaging.

Maggie
  #52   ^
Old Wed, Sep-29-04, 06:35
Mad Scientist

BF:

Hi Maggie:

Welcome to Toronto. Travelling sucks in the food department. Try your best, that's all you can do. Maybe you could tell them that you have to follow a special diet and get something more to your liking?

Have fun working out.

Wanda
  #53   ^
Old Wed, Sep-29-04, 07:47
"Natural Mystic"

Hey Maggie! Glad you guys had fun on your trip. Hope the quads are feeling better today.

I know how much being out of your environment sucks because you don't have alot of control. At least the hotel has a gym where you can workout. Hopefully you can arrange to get meals more suited to the way you want to eat. If not don't stress to much. With the exercise there should not be too much "damage".

Do you come into the city at all? How long are you here for?

Have a great Wednesday in T.O.!

red
  #54   ^
Old Wed, Sep-29-04, 11:44

BF:

Hi Red, Wanda

Hey Red, I didn't realize you live to Toronto too. I'm here until Saturday. Tonight is my 'free' night with no committments.

Too, bad, I didn't realize you also live here.

Will check out the gym after this afternoon's meeting, BEFORE the cocktail reception from 5:00 - 6:00.

Breakfast this AM was muffins, scones, etc, sigh. I did have some protein powder in my room, then an apple, and unfortunately circumbed to a scone (3/4) of it. Lunch was good, chicken with batter on it, better than sandwiches, then a tart, with berries and custard flew into my mouth.

You're right ladies good thing there's a gym to reduce the 'damage' because there's going to be some.

I admire people who have willpower. I really try, but it's sooo hard when I'm surrounded by bad (meaning good) food. At home, I have nothing like that in the house, so really it's nothing I have to fight with myself about.

It would be nice to be able to order room service in the morning, because I refuse to pay $18 for an omlete. If I'd been thinking I would have brought Atkins bagels or something like that.

I have no transportation, but maybe I'll see if there's anything within walking distance and I can head out after the gym.

At any rate, I refuse to feel guilty, then I just eat more. I'm going to strive to reduce the damage and make sure if I do eat anything bad, it's something I really want, not some sugary crap that I stuff in my mouth because there's nothing else.
Wanda and Red, thanks for the moral support. I wish I could have met you, that would have been fun!

Maggie
  #55   ^
Old Wed, Sep-29-04, 11:51
"Natural Mystic"

Maggie, if you can, find a Dominion grocery store. The sell lc bread and peanut butter. You can keep that in your room. Also, you could get some nuts and maybe some cheese and definitely water. If it's close enough you could go there and pick up what you need.

Most of all DON'T stress.

I would not buy an omelette for 18 dollars either.

red
  #56   ^
Old Wed, Sep-29-04, 20:38

BF:

Thanks Red!

Tomorrow I'm heading out at lunch for a grocery store.

No, I won't stress, had a great workout tonight and a great dinner, and when I get home I'll get right back on track.

I have protein powder for the AM, and a tiny can of tuna.

Thanks Red!

Having fun in your city!

Maggie
  #57   ^
Old Wed, Sep-29-04, 20:42

BF:

Found the gym at the hotel in Toronto.

Great place.

For some reason I felt unusually weak. I got to 65 lbs on the free bench and had to quit, 10 lbs less than normal. Same with shoulder presses, could barely lift 15 lbs 8 x on the last set. Dehydration from the airplane? It was very wierd.

I did 35 minutes of cardio on the eliptical trainer, hill workout, hard, and felt great, so go figure, who knows. I was really looking forward to the gym.

After the bread basket at dinner I'm really GLAD I went to the gym.

Damage control, damage control....

Maggie
  #58   ^
Old Thu, Sep-30-04, 20:23

BF:

20 minutes of HITT today on the treadmill

1/2 hr walk

Was good eating until dinner...we won't talk about what happened then

Oh well, I'm having fun!

Maggie
  #59   ^
Old Thu, Sep-30-04, 20:26
"Natural Mystic"

Gym=Damage Control

red
  #60   ^
Old Thu, Sep-30-04, 20:53
Mad Scientist

BF:

Yep, the gym is damage control. It's fabulous that you are committed to your workouts. Good work!

Wanda