Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Jan-26-02, 18:42

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 155/155/125
BF:
Progress:
Default I am starting tomorrow!!!

Hi! I am 41 years old, married and have four children. My weight problem started 6 years ago after I gave birth to my fourth child. I have tried every single diet, have lost some of the weight, never got to my goal weight, and always regained the weight +.
I have done Atkins once before for 6 weeks, lost 11 pounds, and regained them +. I am totally out of control, and looking around on the web I found this site. I hope that communicating with people that have the same problems, will help me accomplish my goal. I weigh now 155, and would like to lose 30 pounds. At 5'3", I think it is reasonable. I'll keep you posted with my progress. Good luck to all of you, and good luck to me too!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Jan-26-02, 19:14

Plan: My own (based on a compil
Stats: 333/260/224 Male 73 ins
BF:
Progress: 67%
Default Welcome Caesarena

Hi Caesarena, and welcome to the Active Lowcarber Forum.

I also wish "good luck" to you too!

What I suggest is that you draw breath, relax a little, and have a good read, all around this Forum. You are among friends here. We are all in the same boat, we all face the same struggle with weight, and we all eventually find our own way of coping with it, usually by borrowing an idea from here, a menu from there, a piece of information from somewhere else. We are all slightly different, and so are our needs. Reading the journals of others, and the information sections, we can slowly gather up those little nuggets that eventually make up our own individual plan.

The first stage in this process is to start with one diet plan, such as Atkins. By trial and error, you will find out if it suits you. If it does, then great, stick to it. Sometimes, one aspect of it may start to feel wrong, so you go round looking for someone else who reports the same thing, and see how they solved it. This can develop into a tweak of your own. Others gradually follow, until you have totally customized your diet plan.

For Induction, you have to be very strict, in following the rules.

Start up a journal in the "C-D" section of the Bootcamp/Journals sub-forum. Then list your daily food menus. We will monitor them for a few weeks until you have them under proper control, and you are losing weight as you should. It will also give others a place to find you.

I look forward to seeing many more posts from you.

Andy
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Jan-26-02, 23:34

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 155/155/125
BF:
Progress:

Thank you so much for your tips. I already can see that the support in this site might make the difference! Thanks.