Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#106   ^
Old Thu, Jan-24-02, 18:55

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 202/168/140
BF:
Progress: 55%
Default My days of video

Hi Jo-ann 2

When I started I got the Abs of steel, arms of steel and buns of steel to get me started.

I am not the most coordinated person when it comes to aerobics or tae-bo so I practiced at home for months! Now when I go to a class at the gym be it aerobics or kickboxing I no longer look like Jerry Lewis stumbling and tripping all over the floor.

Start wherever you want - the key ingredient is to start...

Good luck and go for it!

Shannon
Sponsored Links
  #107   ^
Old Thu, Jan-24-02, 21:12
Registered Member

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 167/125/115
BF:
Progress: 81%
Default Hello Everyone

Hi ladies-

I am gald to see that everyone is doing well. I feel like these last couple of weeks it's been a slow process. I also might be going a way in 3 weeks, OH NO, NOT A BATHING SUIT! I thought I was going to have a few more months to work on it. I s there any way to lose 30 lbs. in 3 weeks? I wish!

Well, keep up the good work everyone and keep us posted.
Danielle
  #108   ^
Old Fri, Jan-25-02, 05:56
Registered Member

Stats: 133/121/110
BF:
Progress: 52%
Post Friday's daily post

Just catching up on how everyone's doing . Well, I feel great now that my boyfriend is LCing with me. How much easier this is. He is trying to get over being a carboholic. And I'm helping him He tried this last year and it worked awesome for him. But when we met almost a year ago, I tried to impress him with my cooking and that's when we both gained weight. I'm keeping track of our weight by writing it down on paper, so he can see the results and want to keep going. He also has lost 6 pounds, and is so happy We ate great yesterday. Went to the biggest mall by us and walked around it twice. (had to buy a dress for a wedding were going to on Sat.) Well just wanted to check in with everyone.

I love coming to my computer every morning to read up on how everyone is doing. I now am incorporating a longer walk than usual. It's been 20min. daily, but I'm going to increase that to 30min. a day (with my dog.) It can't kill me, right. And it will get me seeing results faster , and let me tell you I can taste it already. I have this image in my mind that I can't get rid of. Me at St. Lucia in 3 months in the pool, under the waterfall, and I'm tan, in perfect shape, and PROUD to look over at my boyfriend and see him the same way and that I helped him get there
too

This is what keeps me going. I hope all of you have something to look forward to. Goals can be as little or as big as you want them to be. I like to start off slow and work my way up Good luck to all and to all a good day
  #109   ^
Old Fri, Jan-25-02, 06:46

Stats: 154/151/145
BF:
Progress: 33%

Hey, Atanqt. My personal something to look forward to is our anniversary. It is in July and my hubby says we are going somewhere special, since the kids are old enough to leave for a few days now. So, I am working towards looking real good in a bathing suit by then! Anyone else?

Hugs, Tama
  #110   ^
Old Fri, Jan-25-02, 07:19

Plan: AHP&FP
Stats: 197/125/137 Female 5' 6"
BF:42%/22%/21%
Progress: 120%

If I see the whoosh fairy I am poking her in the eye! She dropped 2 pounds off on me instead of taking it!

Bleh.....maybe I am just stressing over having to fly next week.
  #111   ^
Old Fri, Jan-25-02, 09:16

Plan: Atkins- post pregnancy
Stats: 174/127/125 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress: 96%

Agonycat,
Don't hurt her too badly, she has to come by my house for a pick up!

Heather
  #112   ^
Old Fri, Jan-25-02, 09:22
Registered Member

BF:
Question I'm new at this.

Hi, agonycat.

ATANQT here, could you please tell me about the swoosh fairy I've never heard or read about her. A couple of times she went past my screen but I thought it was because I had email I'm not sure. Sorry about the silly question but I don't know who else to ask Thanks a bunch
  #113   ^
Old Fri, Jan-25-02, 09:27

Plan: AHP&FP
Stats: 197/125/137 Female 5' 6"
BF:42%/22%/21%
Progress: 120%

The role of the whoosh fairy is to remove pounds over night and wisk them away. Normally these pound removals are proceeded by a week or more with no weight loss, then "WHOOSH YOU LOSE 2 POUNDS!"

hence her name
  #114   ^
Old Fri, Jan-25-02, 09:34
OSU Cowboy Fan

Plan: Lapband/low carb
Stats: 248/169/145 Female 5'6"
BF:42/29/25
Progress: 77%

Agonycat, don't hurt the whoosh fair, she might not ever come back. No seriously, she is just toying with you, I bet she put on a few extra, only to take them off plus more, you gotta love that!

I'm hoping she stops by and sees me this weekend, I really need it, TOM is almost gone and I'm sure hoping for a loss when I step on the scales Monday morning, the anticipation is just killing me. But I'm not stepping on those scales until Monday!

Tama: Sounds like you and hubby are planning a well deserved anniversary trip, and you have plenty of time to get ready for it, how fun!

My trip to Acapulco has been moved up to MARCH , no way in heck will I be ready for a bikini by then. But I'm sure looking forward to the trip.
  #115   ^
Old Fri, Jan-25-02, 09:49
Registered Member

BF:
Red face One more?

Thanks agonycat for clearing that up for me. One more thing, am I supposed to go to my profile everytime I lose a pound and change it? I was just going to wait till I lost a few at a time and then post it. Thanks for such a quick response, I really enjoy chatting with all of you

YOU ONE CAT
  #116   ^
Old Fri, Jan-25-02, 09:52
OSU Cowboy Fan

Change it girlfriend. Watch your percent go up......while the pounds go down, I love doing that......change it, change it, change it, and we'll all celebrate it with you!

Go ATANQT!
  #117   ^
Old Fri, Jan-25-02, 09:53
Registered Member

BF:
Default Re: One more?

Quote:
Originally posted by atanqt
Thanks agonycat for clearing that up for me. One more thing, am I supposed to go to my profile everytime I lose a pound and change it? I was just going to wait till I lost a few at a time and then post it. Thanks for such a quick response, I really enjoy chatting with all of you

YOU ONE CAT

Whoops, I meant YOUR
  #118   ^
Old Fri, Jan-25-02, 09:56
OSU Cowboy Fan

Default Re: Re: One more?

Quote:
Originally posted by atanqt

Whoops, I meant YOUR

PS - you can edit any post you do as long as you go in within two days.... You just go to the post, down below it you will see edit/delete button, click that and edit your post.
  #119   ^
Old Fri, Jan-25-02, 10:08
Registered Member

BF:
Thumbs up I'm getting the hang of it now!

Thank you Sunshine2.

I am really understanding these boards now. Little things like the advice you just gave me makes it a bit easier. I just changed my profile since I lost 1 pound this week. Also I added an extra 10-15min. of walking onto my already 20min. daily workout today. Going to make a LC lunch, talk to ya all later
  #120   ^
Old Fri, Jan-25-02, 10:21
OSU Cowboy Fan

Thumbs up

WAY TO GO!!! Now, if I remember correctly you were at 27% or 26% of goal, and now you are at 30% of goal, just that one pound made a huge difference in your percent. Don't you just feel great about that? You have reached the 30% mark, soon you will see 100% of goal!!!! Each pound counts!

Keep up the exercising, it will pay off.