Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Nutrition & Supplements
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Fri, Sep-10-04, 05:07
Lover of Life

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 233/169/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 88%

For all of those that are inquiring about CLA. Tonalin CLA is the best form to take and bear in mind that you must take atleast 3-5 grams daily for it to effectively work in achieving lean body mass.

I have been taking it for sometime and I have maintained my weight and my size 10 without much effort. Of course I try and eat lean and often but that does not always workout either.

You will start to see results, fat melting, in about 6-8 weeks. I managed Vitamin World for some time and suggested that some of my customers who were out to trim their bodies down incorporate the CLA with their workout routine and WOE. Their were two women in particular who changed their WOE dramatically, started working out and taking Tonalin CLA and after 6 months I noticed great improvement in their body compositon. They remarked that it was fairly easy to drop the fat as long as they worked out, ate right and took their Tonalin CLA. I also suggested that they try and eat 5-6 small high protein meals daily so as to keep their metabolism revved up. I also try and do that as well.

Many body builders like the CLA as it helps to keep them lean and trim.

It has so many healthy properties that I will keep taking it. Hope this info helps.

HN

Last edited by HerbNurse : Fri, Sep-10-04 at 05:12.
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Fri, Sep-10-04, 15:30

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 159/141.7/130 Female 5'7"
BF: LOTS!
Progress: 60%

I think that I read somewhere to take it in the morning -- the CLA that I just got says to take it 1 hour before meals -- so should I take the entire dosage 1 hour before breakfast, or break it into 2 doses, or?????

Thanks,
  #33   ^
Old Sat, Sep-11-04, 17:59

Stats: 185/151/145 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 85%

I take one capsule, with meals, 3 times a day. I think it's a personal thing...I've forgotten and taken all 3 at once with no ill effects.
  #34   ^
Old Sat, Sep-11-04, 18:21

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 231/212/185 Male 5 feet 10 inches
BF:22%
Progress: 41%

Capsules gave me stomach upset and burping them with some taste of fish YUKE, i decided to go with Flax oil i take 3 tables spoon a day, no burping LOL and i guess the benefits are endless, better looking skin, i guess it helped with some of my damn hairloss, and good fats for heart health
  #35   ^
Old Sat, Sep-11-04, 18:23
"Natural Mystic"

Stats: 178/108/120 Female 5' 1"
BF:45%/17%/15%
Progress: 121%

I tried taking it (Tonalin one) like mid last year and it didn't do a thing for me. Well my wallet got lighter but that was about it.

red
  #36   ^
Old Sun, Sep-12-04, 10:58
Lover of Life

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 233/169/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 88%

CLA works well in conjunction with a good diet and exercise program. It will work well with Atkins and exercise is a must. There is no pill that can melt away the fat and weight without making some lifestyle changes.

As for when to take it, as directed on the bottle or brand that you buy. And for Realdeal31......CLA is a safflower oil there so there should be no bad taste when you burp........it is not a fish oil.

HN
  #37   ^
Old Mon, Sep-13-04, 12:54

Stats: 159/141.7/130 Female 5'7"
BF: LOTS!
Progress: 60%

Any suggestions or tweaking???

I am starting CLA, and plan to take:
  • 2.25g at 6AM - 6:30 AM exercise; 7:00 AM breakfast
  • 1.50g at 6 PM - 7:30 PM supper; 9:00 PM walk a couple of miles

So this would give me about 3.75g daily.

I am careful with my diet and I exercise consistently -- however, my weight crept up to 155# over the last couple of years (I want to be back at 130# -- I'm 5/7" and 60 years old) and I can't seem to kick back into weight-loss mode. I am hoping the CLA will help....
  #38   ^
Old Mon, Sep-13-04, 14:20

Stats: 185/151/145 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 85%

I really don't understand the fish taste...my nephew claims they taste like "cheeseburger juice" and the taste I've gotten from a broken capsule is sort of oily/neutral. CLA comes from no fish sources at all.

I took 3.2g a day, spaced more heavily earlier in the day, and noticed results in a month or two (changing nothing else at that time.) I had friends say the same...then again, an equal number of people said they noticed nothing. So it's really YMMV.
  #39   ^
Old Mon, Sep-20-04, 20:44

Stats: 252/155/120 Female 5'0"
BF:
Progress: 73%

Hello everyone,I just started taking the Tonalin CLA two days ago.Before this I was using COQ-10 200mg two times a day and was losing pretty well but it is so exspensive it about 30 dollars and I seen the CLA for 15.00 dollars so I'm trying this to see if it can keep my weight lose going. I've been taking it for two days now and my lips and mouth get so dry,even after drinking a ton of water.Anyone that has taken it has this ever happen to you? I'll keep you up dated if it helps my weight lose