Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#181   ^
Old Thu, Aug-19-04, 10:36
Chicken Butt

Plan: My Own/ CKD
Stats: 152/129/115 Female 5'0"
BF:24.5/?/?
Progress: 62%

Yesterday`s update.....food was on the money more or less....no lifting, just cardio. Turns out I can lower the seat on TD`s stationary bike, which means I can use it!! So, I watched the Munsters and did cardio-- how fun is that???

25 minutes stationary bike. Usually, I don`t get a sweat on that thing, but I guess it was hot in my house. I dripped. FUN!!

Ok, fooooood.

M1:
Muscle Provider shake + usual supplements
tsp natty pb

M2:
Atkins yogurt

M3:
5 oz grilled chicken
1 large baggie sugar snap peas

M4:
Muscle Provider shake
1 small piece dark german chocolate...mmmm....schogetten.
1 tsp natty pb + 1/4 l/c tortilla

M5:
Dreamfields spaghetti (2 servings) + 4 turkey meatballs + 1/2 cup marinara sauce
1/4 cup salad w/ vinaigrette
Sponsored Links
  #182   ^
Old Fri, Aug-20-04, 11:44

Plan: Zone
Stats: 255/242/230 Male 75 inches (6'3")
BF:21%/15%/8%
Progress: 52%

Quote:
it will be some form of homemade ice cream cake. Seriously xxx

Saw this in Ms. Built's place ... Ummm, really? <drool> So THAT'S what happens when I'm not around ... hmmmm ....
  #183   ^
Old Fri, Aug-20-04, 11:48
Registered Member

Plan: hi prot/carb/cal cycling
Stats: 138.5/133.5/120 Female 64 inches
BF:20%
Progress: 27%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trainerdan
Saw this in Ms. Built's place ... Ummm, really? <drool> So THAT'S what happens when I'm not around ... hmmmm ....

the woman has needs...and if you are not around well then hellllooooo Mr. Chocolate cake...is that icing or are ya just glad to see me.
  #184   ^
Old Fri, Aug-20-04, 11:53
Registered Member

Plan: Metabolic Surge
Stats: 170/139/? Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by liftnlady
the woman has needs...and if you are not around well then hellllooooo Mr. Chocolate cake...is that icing or are ya just glad to see me.

This Liftnlady, she speaks the truth.

Duuude - gimme some sugar!

Or at least something that's better to look at than a chocolate cake.
  #185   ^
Old Fri, Aug-20-04, 11:56

If anyone starts singing "Pour Some Sugar on Me", I'm leaving.
  #186   ^
Old Fri, Aug-20-04, 11:57
Chicken Butt

Is it getting a little seedy in here, or is that just my lemon-poppy cake??

And just to quiet any questions about my satisfaction......TD has some pretty sweet cakes. I`m not complaining.
  #187   ^
Old Fri, Aug-20-04, 12:30

Quote:
Warrant's "Cherry Pie"? It is, after all, a single entendre

And what a fun one it is. Mmmmm ... cherry pie. Is it carb night?
  #188   ^
Old Fri, Aug-20-04, 13:59
~version 2.0~

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 186/173/145 Female 62 inches
BF:YES.
Progress: 32%

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAMN WEBLINGO
Jawohl! That is already truely -- actual, Dan had gepisst on my cat. The shitting dog! Glucklich, it is so susse, or I wanted the man murders!

this can't possibly mean this.. hahaha.. if it does.. i'm about to piss myself laughing.. Please Clarify...
  #189   ^
Old Fri, Aug-20-04, 15:28
~version 2.0~

Quote:
Well, the actual translation is not far off....lol....here it is:

Yes indeed! That is true-- actually, Dan peed on my cat. The shitty dawg! Luckilly, he is really cute, or I`d have had to kill him.

I think i might fall right out of my chair laughing!
He actually peed on it? I had no idea that Dan was into Pee Play and with an animal no less

Have a great weekend Jen
I'll have a few (5+) captian and diet's for you <--- not drinker friendly Cheers! but you get the point..
  #190   ^
Old Mon, Aug-23-04, 09:32

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 135/130.5/120 Female 5'4"
BF:26/???/18
Progress: 30%

Man!!!! Sounds like I missed alot since I've been gone. I have a lot to read up on!

Congrats on the job!! Thats great! It's always great having a job you want!

Not sure how my interview went, he did most of the talking. I should know something later this week or early next week. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. But also found out today, one of my customers is hiring in Houston, as well. I should have more info soon!!!!!

Congrats on the job again!!!! I'm happy for you, and a wee bit jealous! (hee-hee)
  #191   ^
Old Wed, Aug-25-04, 15:38
Chicken Butt

I suck. Been reaaaaalllllllly busy getting my head together for school, house cleaning, reading for school, and working still. I`ve made it through my workouts, although I`ve been a little lame on cardio lately.

Weekend was a bad food thing though b/c my new boss had us over for an afternoon at her house on the Chesapeake in MD. Lotsa crabs, burgers (with buns...bad bad) and CUPCAKESS!!! I was the happiest 30 year old 10 year old ever.

Anyway, I will get back in the habit of posting, although this is just a quick fly through to let y'all know I`m still here!!

-db
  #192   ^
Old Thu, Aug-26-04, 12:09
Chicken Butt

Ok..updates.

Yesterday`s food wasn`t bad given that it was the first day of classes. The two beers at the end of the day weren`t necessary though-- I can feel my diet slipping in little ways lately. I guess after the shore house thing this weekend I`ll need to hit a routine again.

As I mentioned, I`ve started my last year of law school. I`m going to try to balance that with part time work at my law firm, and still get my workouts in. It`s going to be a struggle, and time is going to be tight, so I may not report as regularly as I have been reporting in this journal...Again, I`m going to try to stay on top of it though.

I`m definitely a little nervous about balancing all this stuff-- I don`t want to go insane and be terrible to my lovely B/f who doesn`t deserve to be the target of my stress, and I don`t want to slack on all my great gym progress, and I don`t want to let school or work slip either....Oh, the joys of being on the cusp of greatness....

Anyway, I`m going to at least report for yesterday and just try to take it a day at a time....

Wednesday Food:

M1:
Muscle Provider shake + usual supplements
(dropped Lean Out for a while-- will put it back in the mix in another 6 weeks or so-- I`m going to try using the Lean Out as part of diet cycling. I added a fiber supplement into the supplement stack as well.)

M2:
Chicken Blueberry Tarragon Salad in L/C wrap

M3:
1 package pea pods

M4:
5 buffallo wings
2 sticks celery

M5:
Atkins bagel w/ 2 Tbsp natty PB
1/2 cup sf jello w/ whipped cream

No workout-- off day. I did legs on Tuesday though. Pushed my smith squat up to 130lbs, and discovered that the 45 degree calf-press machine I use can also be used for actual hack squats, so I can switch it up with the leg press.
Also, I`m really enjoying back extensions-- I got a few positive nods from some of the gym-boys for doing these hugging a 25lb plate. Love the positive feedback.
I still suck at SLDLs-- they never feel good, but I keep doing them anyway. But I did modify my grip on assisted chins. I was using a wide grip, which didn`t feel great in my shoulders-- I also wasn't making any progress on my reps or weight volume. So now I`ve switched to a narrow grip with my palms facing eachother, and it feels much better. Granted, I`m using a little less back, and a little more bicep, but so be it.
It`s supposed to be a good burn, not a big pain, right?

Ok...that`s all for now.
  #193   ^
Old Thu, Aug-26-04, 14:20

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 135/130.5/120 Female 5'4"
BF:26/???/18
Progress: 30%

Howdy!!!! I haven't heard about the job yet. Kinda scared to call. Know what I mean? If they don't give me an offer, I think it's because they don't want to pay for relocation. But I coulf always pack up a U-Haul and drive home - it'd be a total pain though.....

I have so much respect and admiration for you. You are so busy working, going to school, a B/F & keeping up with your workouts. I am so impressed. I just work & workout and sometimes I have to force myself to workout & do something on the weekends.

Just don't push yourself! And glad to see that you're back!!!
  #194   ^
Old Thu, Aug-26-04, 14:35
~version 2.0~

Quote:
These rule. I owe my a$$ to that machine. Not to mention, not too many chicas are on the smith machine, so the boys always think its hot when one of us goes over to work her tail feathers....

Well that will explain the looks i got.. there were men all around on free weights just staring at me like i was hot or insane .. not sure which so you do these at 130lbs?? well then that's not bad that i did 100lbs i guess... that's 45 on each side and the bar is 10 right? oh i'm so new to this whole thing...

Quote:
The "machine you lay back on and push with your legs" is commonly known as a leg press. If you put your feet high on the platform, and sorta close together it also works your hamstrings and butt. Love that one too. TD told me about the foot-placement, and since he is so callypigous himself, I`ll take his advice....

Are you trying to say he's got a great butt?? hehe...
I'll have to try this then.. as my DARLING BOYTOY is helping me on all the machines .. and seems to be focusing all on leg and a$$ exercises for his own personal enjoyment.. said he wants me to get stronger for certain se*ual positions oh men.. can't live with them or without them.. well i could .. but my parents would disown me

Quote:
So I got this fully random series of hang-ups on my cell phone last night-- all from a 708 area code. Is that Chicago?? I like to trace the crazies. Sometimes, I`ll even call them back.

Well yes that's one of the many Chicago land area codes.. such as 847, 708, 312, 773, 815, 224, 630 (that's all in a 100 mile radius.. so the crazies abound.. i'd say call them back... have alittle fun.. Do you know anyone in chicago?

Quote:
have a great thursday!! You coming to the shorehouse or what?

I guess that would have to be an OR WHAT My BF has forbidden trips to the East coast.. due to past indiscretions.. and since he and i are back together i guess the rule is back in place... plus I'm going to see Godsmack and Metallica on Saturday But I'm looking forward to the wide array of photographic evidence that iwll be posted here to give us a window to the debauchery!

Wow on all the stuff you got going on in your life.. i'm impressed you can handle all that.. i find it hard to juggle my BF and the bar.. it's a rough task.. but someone's got to do it..

Have a great day hun..
Muahhh!!!
  #195   ^
Old Thu, Aug-26-04, 15:07
~version 2.0~

Quote:
Honestly, the boys are the ones with more work to do in the sack anyway, so it`s more important for them to have stronger butts. Ours need only be shapely.

haha.. nope the move he wants me to master involves me to having a stong butt and legs.. hehe.. picture this : same shortstop ... top of the 9.. possibly going extra innings..... i think you get it (don't i have a way with words?)

Quote:
Fair enough-- I guess he would assume that something bad was going on if we offered to keep you on a tight leash??
well.. only if he noticed that i took my leash with me
Basically if i ever came out to the east coast again.. i'd probably be staying there.. need a roomie? hehe..

Last edited by Rachelle : Thu, Aug-26-04 at 15:08. Reason: i spell pretty pathetically