Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Products
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, May-24-04, 11:33

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 192/157/155 Male 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: 95%
Default Atkins Advantage vs Zone bars

I have been low carbing for a few months, and on occasion I will have an Atkins Advantage bar. I can only find chocolate type bars however. I do see Zone bars, and have a variety of different flavours. I have never read the Zone book, and don't understand anything about zone blocks. I only understand carbs, and net carbs. Basically what I want to know is how many net carbs are in a Zone bar? I would love to try some of their flavours, but my basic policy is this... If the label doesn't make it clear how many net carbs are in the product, I don't buy it! Hoping maybe someone on the forum can make it clear for me. Otherwise, sorry Zone, not gonna buy.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Aug-05-04, 20:04

Plan: Diabetic Low Carb
Stats: 165/153.5/135 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 38%
I'm with you, if they don't label then I don't buy. I have been having Post new low carb bars for breakfast. It's fast, tasty, and inexpensive. Have you tried them?
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Aug-06-04, 00:33
Registered Member

Stats: 203/182/130 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 29%

I just looked at the info online. For the chocolate peanut butter bar, they list 20 grams total carb, no fiber and 13 grams of sugar. So that means at best, it's 13 grams net carb and probably more like the full 20. Besides that, the second ingredient is corn syrup and the third is chocolate coating (and the first ingredient of the coating is sugar). It's definitely not Atkins-appropriate.
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Aug-06-04, 04:21

Plan: Low GI
Stats: 370/170/170 Male 6'1
BF:10%
Progress: 100%

Zone Bars arent made for low-carb diets, dont eat them
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Aug-06-04, 09:49

Stats: 192/157/155 Male 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: 95%

Thanks for the info
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Aug-06-04, 21:01

Plan: Diabetic Low Carb
Stats: 165/153.5/135 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 38%
Question

Ditto! But, what about the Post's Low Carb Bars called Post Carb Well. Carbs = 15g. minus 3g fiber = 12g carb. They deduct 3g for sugar alcohol, and they are saying 9g net carbs. I never deduct the sugar alcohol, just the fiber. How do you guys do it? Thanks for any input.