Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Aug-01-04, 03:41

Plan: LCarb
Stats: 200/173/124 Female 5ft 3"
BF:
Progress: 36%
Default Exercise goal challenge

Hey LC brothers and sistas

Does anyone want to join me in an exercise challenge?!

I started running about 2 months ago, and have gone from running for 1 minute, walking for 2 for 20 mins (i.e overall 7 mins running 13 mins walking) to running 4 mins with a 1 minute break for 40 mins (i.e. overall running 32 mins walking 8 mins)

My overall goal is to get running for the whole 40mins. 3x pwk.

I also want to do 1/2 hr pilates 2x pwk.

We could have a goal summary once a week,(maybe today?!, (sunday UK!) where everyone says how they are getting on! If you activate your personal messages, then we can send out well done's to those doing really well!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Aug-02-04, 08:48
Registered Member

Plan: G.I. Diet
Stats: 185/179.5/130 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 10%

Hi, I started running again and would like to make it a part of my week goals just like you. I used to run quite alot (35-40 km a week) but stopped because I moved three times in the last 6 months.....

I would love to join you alenamac in a weekly challenge.

My running goals for this week are:
1. run 4 times
2. find new music for my MP3

Long term goals:
1. join running club in September.
2. log my runs and monitor my progress.
2. Get my long run to 10k.

Last edited by green-tea : Mon, Aug-02-04 at 12:10. Reason: spelling
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Aug-02-04, 10:18
I will try...until.

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 288.5/207.5/110 Female 61'
BF:52/52/20
Progress: 45%

I am interested in joining as well.

My august goal is simple: Jog/walk 12 miles a week, maybe more.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Aug-02-04, 10:41

Plan: LCarb
Stats: 200/173/124 Female 5ft 3"
BF:
Progress: 36%

hey greentea

Really good luck for this week. Send me a Private message (PM) when you achieve the first of your runs this week. I'm so proud that you want to get going!! We can all do it if we know others are looking out for us!

#5   ^
Old Tue, Aug-03-04, 07:07
Registered Member

BF:

Ok you guys, I tried to pm both of you but I was told that I don't have that privilege? Can you tell me what to do?
Anyway, I checked out your profiles and we all have similar goals, weights or previous weights and heights. I think we could really help each other.
Alenamac, I accomplished 1/4 th of my first goal this week. I ran my 3 km!!! Stoping twice to walk Have you run/walk yet this week? Do you have a special program or are you like me, just getting into the habit for now?
Have either of you heard of a site called coolrunning.com? It's really great! I joined when I used to run. Have a good day!
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Aug-03-04, 08:50

Plan: carb/cal cycling
Stats: 176/136/125 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 78%

I'll join the challenge. I already exercise a good amount, but what I'd like to add is weekly 1-2hour hikes. I hiked a hard trail( I live in the mountains) for about 3hours on saturday. It is great cardio as well as great for toning my legs, which carry a lot of my weight.
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Aug-04-04, 13:10
Registered Member

BF:

Oh, I want to go hiking on Saturdays too. I just relocated so I have only figured out one place to go hiking and its kind of far away. Where I used to live, i had mountains surrounding me which was cool. Hope you reach your goal to hike this week nepeta!
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Aug-04-04, 13:38

BF:

thanks greentea, i have friday afternoon free and hope to hike then. it's not only great exercise but the mountain trails can be beautiful too. this year because of all the rain we've got, the wildflowers are amazing. I almost want to take my camera along.
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Aug-06-04, 15:00

BF:

well it looks like i'm not getting out for my hike today, i've got some serious menstrual cramps. i'm still doing my weekly hikes but it looks like i'll have to skip this one.
  #10   ^
Old Sat, Aug-14-04, 09:45

Plan: My own
Stats: 152/150/135 Female 5'0
BF:
Progress: 12%

i would like to join...

my goal is to run 1 hour 4 times a week. i have been doing it once a week but i want to bump it up to 4 until august 25, when school resumes and i run three times and then dance twice.
  #11   ^
Old Sun, Aug-15-04, 11:00
Registered Member

BF:
Default take it slow

Hey bluesfan 88, welcome I'm glad you are running along side of us. Running is so exilirating isn't it? I have a concern though. You say you run once a week for 1 hour and that you want to up that to 1 hour 4 times a week. Do you plan to do that all at once or gradually? Do you walk at other times during the week? Do you bike? I'm just concerned that going from 1 hour of running to 4 hours, if you do it all at once, will lead to injury which might result in no running at all, which I'm sure you don't want! Better try some walk run activities just to be on the safe side. They say that you should increase your mileage by no more than 10% a week to be safe and to avoid injury. That would be going from 1 hour to 1 hour and 6 minutes or 5 km to 5.5 km, like that. Of course at first, you have to actually start somewhere so I get what you are saying but just keep all that in mind. One more thing, walking 5 km and running 5 km is the same burnt calories (have a started a debate here?! ). You just run farther doing 1 hour of running as opposed to one hour of walking and walking doesn't make you nearly as prone to injury. Maybe you could walk/run the same distance as that 1 hour run and see how it goes and then later add more running and less walking. Gradually you know!
Cheers big ears!
  #12   ^
Old Sun, Aug-15-04, 20:00

Plan: My own
Stats: 152/150/135 Female 5'0
BF:
Progress: 12%

last year i ran once a week . it depends on the week and how much time i have . but i have been known to run 4 times in a week. it just depends on what is going on that week.

butthaks for being concerned for me . i run usually half the time and walk the other half . i have not gotten to the point where i can run up hills . but i am getting there . have a great night