Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#91   ^
Old Thu, Jul-08-04, 07:54
Registered Member

Plan: Metabolic Surge
Stats: 170/139/? Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xplora
Hiya Built,
I'm really happy with my progress so far and honestly haven't been sore at all. I imagine it's the glutamine. In any case, I do feel strong and can notice some changes in the way I look after just 3 weeks. My brother told me "yes, I see changes, your boobs are way smaller". Nice. Nimrod.

Yes, yes they can say the NICEST things...doorknob!

Glad it's going so well for you, MuscleChick!

Not sore at all, hey? Cool - you can push a bit harder now! You SHOULD feel a LITTLE sore the next day. Not a lot, but some. Now that you've gotten past the introduction, you can safely start to push yourself a bit harder.

And yes, glutamine is the BOMB!
Sponsored Links
  #92   ^
Old Fri, Jul-09-04, 07:14
Registered Member

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xplora
Morning Built,

Ok, I usually feel a little sore or stiff in the morning but not like I would expect to for how much effort I put into lifting. I am really trying to push my hardest every time, some are better than others, but that's my mindset anyway.
I feel really strong am ready for a kick-ass lifting day. Hope you have a kick-ass day too.

Isn't it NUTS! I mean, I practically had a blood vessel exploding on my forehead yesterday doing biceps, and today, I can hardly feel ANYTHING. It's not like I was holding back. Your body just gets better and better at recovering as you go along.

It is SUCH a cool feeling, getting strong, isn't it?
  #93   ^
Old Fri, Jul-09-04, 19:05
Under Construction

Plan: LC/BFL
Stats: 245/148/140 Female 5'4"
BF:less/than/B4
Progress: 92%

Lifting day. I forgot the darn notebook again.
I don't think I increased too much weight but had a really good hard lifting day anyway.

Rode my bike for 1.5 miles as well.
  #94   ^
Old Mon, Jul-19-04, 04:08
Under Construction

vacation 7/10-7/17
walked, rode bike and lifted 10 pound dumbells and did ab work daily.
  #95   ^
Old Mon, Jul-19-04, 06:17
Under Construction

Lifting day! It feels great to be back at it. I have to say I was a little weaker after just one week off. I had a hard time with the leg curls in particular. After reducing the weight by 5 pounds to 55 I did complete all 3 sets of 12. Everything else was close too. Of course, I did forget my notebook, as usual. I wonder if it's some subconscious thing
  #96   ^
Old Wed, Jul-21-04, 03:54
Under Construction

yesterday was a grueling 20 min HIIT. It sucked...so good.
cut the grass later.
  #97   ^
Old Wed, Jul-21-04, 07:03
Under Construction

Great workout today. I did some squats with 40 pounds, increased some, held steady on others but overall it was good vigorous effort and i feel strong.
  #98   ^
Old Wed, Jul-21-04, 08:07
Registered Member

BF:

40 pounds is a LOT! Good job - THAT was quick!
  #99   ^
Old Thu, Jul-22-04, 06:51
Under Construction

HIIT it! I did a 20 minute run/walk around the block. I pushed myself but didn't seem to be able to go as long running. Could be I have eaten so little, could be I drank last night. I did ok though and would say it was the best I could do for today. So I'm fine w/ it.

I just read my first exercise post and it cracked me up. I'm glad to be able to recognize the progress.
  #100   ^
Old Thu, Jul-22-04, 09:08
Ex-Patriot

Plan: CAD-ish
Stats: 232.5/199/168 Female 5'2"
BF:no/earthly/clue
Progress: 52%

As a rather too experienced drinker...it's not really whether you drink, it's how much. If you overdo it the night before, and you don't make sure to take extra water before going to bed (a lot of it), you will end up dehydrated the morning after, even if you don't get a hangover. This might not show up in normal office work, but it will show up for sure if you go out and exercise in the morning. About 40 oz. of water, or as much as you can stomach, immediately upon getting up, helps put you right. If you're obviously hungover but still want to exercise, see if you can get the better part of 2 liters down you. Of course, with a true and genuine hangover, the state of the stomach makes that kinda difficult.

With weights, if you are hung over, your brain simply can't coordinate your muscles and joints as well. Nothing to do about that, I'm afraid, except not to be surprised if you're not lifting as well as usual, and don't try to push yourself to equal previous lifts as some sort of "payback" for the sore head. It doesn't help and all you can do is hurt yourself. (Speaking from unfortunate experience here.)

E.
  #101   ^
Old Fri, Jul-23-04, 07:26
Under Construction

Thanks Emily, I hear ya. I've really been trying to good about drinking in general, but some things just can't be helped.

I had a fabulous WO this morning. I increased my tricep pull downs to 40 again and man, the last few reps burned like hell. Hard to keep my elbows in tight. One of the PT's at the gym has taken an interest in me, seeing me there every day and all....he showed me how to do deadlifts this morning, only I didn't push it as my legs are sore from the last WO and were all rubbery from finishing most of my leg work already. Something to try for Monday.
90 pounds leg extensions, 50 pound overhead raise, 15.5 pound isolation curls, 60 pounds leg curls, 55 pound lateral raises (machine), 12 pounds each side dumbell flys, 60 pounds pull down, 25 pounds overhead tricep things, 70 pounds torso rotation, ...I might be missing something.
  #102   ^
Old Sat, Jul-24-04, 05:45
Under Construction

speaking of hangovers....cardio should be a blast today.
  #103   ^
Old Sat, Jul-24-04, 09:01
Under Construction

I went to the tanning booth this morning to keep up my tan and then came home and did 150 crunches/leglifts. I did run/walk but only about three quarters of a mile. Cameron ran with me and he runs much faster than I do. Ahh to be 10 years old and not have black lungs.
  #104   ^
Old Wed, Jul-28-04, 08:25
Under Construction

Finally back at the gym. My back is still sore but I lifted a pretty decent WO today after all.
  #105   ^
Old Thu, Jul-29-04, 06:02
Under Construction

20 min HIIT. I rode my bike and I rode it hard...up many a hill. wheew.