Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jul-19-04, 09:26

Plan: ?????
Stats: 239.9/196/145 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 46%
Angry Any other lc vets regain after a lenghth on maint?

I'm looking for a buddy who has regained and trying to relose. Someone who's there or been there would be fabulous. It seemed so easy the first time and so hard now! I'm looking for someone for a daily check in either in journals or by email. I'm just floundering!

Thanks!

Last edited by rodmick : Mon, Jul-19-04 at 12:06.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jul-26-04, 06:18
Staying Put

Plan: Atkins/CarbCycling
Stats: 299/252/180 Female 69"
BF:
Progress: 39%

Hiya, I'm not the kind of person you're looking for but I am facinated to see who comes back to you as I am really interested in the long term effects of the atkins diet success followed by putting the weight back on again. I am relitively new to atkins - only been here on the boards for 5 months, but I could see how easily someone like yourself could put the weight on after hitting target...
I'll be interested to see other peoples responses! Good luck!
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jul-26-04, 12:35

Plan: ?????
Stats: 239.9/196/145 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 46%

Thanks! Either noone else regained after holding a while or no one is posting about it!
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jul-26-04, 12:51

Plan: Atkins 72
Stats: 260/238.8/160 Female 5 ft 8 inches
BF:49%/48%/20%
Progress: 21%

Ok...I'll be the first to bite.

I had lost almost 80 pounds starting in 2002. I was holding that for a good 6-7 months...not really trying, but also not going crazy...I called it my sebatical. Then, in April of 2003 I went through a very difficult personal time. I ended up not eating and lost almost 20 pounds in a month. Well, I was on anti-depressants, etc and when I felt that I was ready to get off of them in June, I went through some withdrawal (and I am totally underplaying the withdrawal part). I was trying everything that I could do to start feeling normal and part of that was eating to try to get stuff out of my system. So, I started out in the low 180's and actually got down to 157 during that time period. Obviously, it was through starvation (I couldn't eat or sleep). So, I got back up to 180 rather quickly by August...I saw that I lost a lot of my muscle tone.

I tried to get back on....tried in October when I hit the 190's and then again in January when I hit the 200's. It wasn't until April of this year that I was able to really focus and do it. I am now back down to 196 and it is slower and harder than the first time. I went through an almost 2 month stall before I kicked the sugar alcohol habit...it sucks losing less than 20 pounds in over 3 months when you have over 60 to lose (again)!

I have been dieting my whole life. I lost 89 pounds once before on a basic starvation diet because regular diets didn't work for me. I tried the low cal/low fat diet several years back and included working out almost every day. After 3 months, I had only lost 7 pounds. I know that my system is screwed up, but at least I know that with low carb I have a chance. Proof is in the pudding. I know that this is my way of life and I know that I can live with it. When I get to maintenance, it will be scary since I don't want be where I am at again, but I also know the consequence of my actions.

So...I'll be your buddy. My daily menus may not be perfect and I don't measure everything down to the "T", but I do have a pretty good awareness of what I should and shouldn't eat and how much can be too much! I'll take all the support I can get and I sure don't have a problem giving it!
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Aug-01-04, 22:54

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 325.4/228/175 Female 5'7
BF:mostly!
Progress: 65%

I can relate to what you were saying Kat. I too have fallen off the wagon and regained all I had lost.
I have had a weight problem since I was 4 months old, when I weighed in at 38 pounds!! However, I have always tried to diet, and stayed at a size 20 - 22 most of my adult life. In 1985 I went on Atkins for the first time and lost 70 pounds in 6 months, and kept it off for two years. I went through a painful time personally and started eating, like you, to get the effects of antidepressants out of my system. I regained all I had lost, and more. I Went on Physicians weight Loss, 700 calories a day, and almost destroyed my metabolism . I tried Weight Watchers, but only gaiined from all the carbs,,,low fat does nothing for me. So, in desperation in June 2002, I started Atkins again,and was cheat free for 10 months. Then I hit a stall that lasted for five months, no matter what I did, nothing moved. Now I know its normal, because your body has to adjust to the loss. I had lost 53 pounds, felt great, was looking good. That was quite an accomplishment for a 56 year old retired grandmother!! But I got discouraged and started cheating here and there. Then the holidays hit,,and I went way off the wagon,.I tried a few times to get back on, but always fell off again. recently though, a close friend of mine died from effects of her obesity, and it has made me realize that quality of life is more important than looking good. I have made up my mind, that I am gonna do this. So, here we go again. I just keep telling myself,,,a winner never quits, and a quitter never wins!!
So, i will be glad to post here regularly, I need all the support I can get!!