Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Jan-04-02, 14:19

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 188.5/182/168
BF:
Progress: 32%
Default Day 2 feeling icky...

I am new to this forum.. Just a little bit of info about myself...

My name is Tawnya and I have done atkins before... did great on it and then stopped... big mistake.. I started low fat/calorie counting and didn't lose anything... So here I am again, back on the greatest way of life...

I started 2 days ago, and today have the icky feeling, headache etc... Im so happy that I went to the gym last night because I think I will be spending today on the couch and taking some tylenol...

Last time I was on low carb I lost 40 lbs in about 6 months and felt great.. My goal right now is to get back to where I was before.. 168... I am at 186 today... after loosing 2 lbs this morn (water weight I know.. but ill take what I can get.. hehe

I look foward to meeting new people...

Ps. I am in BC and have 2 children a amost 7 yr old son and 4 yr old daughter..
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Jan-04-02, 14:21

Plan: Atkins Diet w/ a twist
Stats: 200/177/140
BF:
Progress: 38%
Default welcome

best of luck to you- I know that headache feeling. I did Atkins for 2 months and went off in December and just started again. Boy what a headache I had for day 2-4.

Good luck

Kassy
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Jan-04-02, 17:14

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 145?/131/125 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress:
Default welcome

Hi and welcome. Your body is busy detoxing itself of those nasty carbs. Hopefully, you'll feel better soon.

I'm sure you've also figured out this is a lifestyle change and not a "diet".

If you haven't already, don't miss the Sticky Thread posted by Karen in the Newbies Questions Section. It includes some terrific threads with tons of information.

Post often, and let us know how you're doing.

Good luck.
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Jan-04-02, 17:36

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 180/176.5/145
BF:
Progress: 10%
Default Howdy Tawnya!

I just wanted to let you know I had a headache for about 2 days. From day 2-3. But, now I am into the 8th day and I haven't had any headaches since those 2 days. So, they will go away.
I too, am actually on Atkins for the 2nd time, myself. I lost about 25 pounds in the yer. 2000 but gained it all back. Then went to WW lost about 24 pounds (starving to death!) and of course, gained it all back.
I guess you can tell by now......I AM THE QUEEN OF THE YO YO DIETERS!!!!!!!!!
I hope to lose 35-40 pounds at least on this time around and this time, I plan to follow the BOOK on the On going and the Maintainence! I trully want this to be my last go around of having to start all over!!!!!!!!
I am 55, and it is much harder to lose, the older you get! But, I would like to be able to get it off this time for good!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Welcome to a GREAT site!!!!!!!!! You will love it!
Jo Ann in TEXAS
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Jan-04-02, 18:47
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 172.5/165.5/130
BF:
Progress: 16%

Wow..you lost 40 pounds before?! That I great!!! I just started this WOL myself (but for the first time)....I hope that I can have the great success that you have had! Good luck!
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Jan-05-02, 18:59

Plan: My own
Stats: -/-/- Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 68%

Hi Tawnya -

Didn't want to bug everyone back over inthe pork rind thread...my email is down...but feel free to drop by my journal to say hi and chat about anything!

I found figuring out what to bring to births an interesting conundrum on locarb...we'll have to share ideas!

Lisa
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Jan-05-02, 19:47
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%

Hi Tawnya,

You are not really new to this forum! You'll remember several of us here from our old eGroup list (Low-Carb Vancouver). Eliza is a member here too, but haven't been here for a while. Glad you found us.

Wa'il