Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Jan-04-02, 09:16

Plan: atkins
Stats: 179.6/179.6/144 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 0%
Thumbs up Healthier

I know that the main reasons I'm the happiest eating low carb. is I not tired, not in the morning, especially not after I eat and I'm not up in the middle of the night with heart burn that could stop a elephant dead in it's tracks. I see that there are fellow WOL people here that have struggle with their wieght far greater than I have and maybe thinking that I don't understand the pain. I know what it's like to get 10 hours sleep and still be exhausted and I know what it's like to be cranky with everyone and depressed. I did the antidepressant thing and spent a month in the hospital. The important thing here is that no matter what the reason you come to this WOl it is the end product that we are all looking for to be happy healthy and stronger because of the journey.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Jan-04-02, 09:30

BF:
Unhappy wrong spot

I meant to post this somewhere else. Sooner or later I'll get the nack of this, sorry. I'm glad everyone here is so patient with us newbies.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Jan-04-02, 10:08

Plan: AHP&FP
Stats: 197/125/137 Female 5' 6"
BF:42%/22%/21%
Progress: 120%

heheheh

We too were newbies once
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Jan-04-02, 10:40

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 178/167.5/130
BF:
Progress: 22%

I have felt heathier too. For all of the reasons you stated, but my skin and hair are more clear and shiny Too! My moods have not been "Swinging" as much either!

Sure there have been some trade offs, but I think that is because we have been very stuck in our non-lo-carb thinking for such a long time. Soon it will be much more intuitive and then I'll REALLY be proud of myself.

This is probably the most selfish thing I have ever done.

TEE-HEE!
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Jan-04-02, 12:03

Plan: my own
Stats: 164/125/125 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 100%

I agree. Totally.
Doods.
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Jan-04-02, 15:51

BF:
Talking thanks

Thanks agonycat for putting my post in the right spot for me. I love your sense of humor, just a little bit of naughtiness to you. I'm getting better at this, thanks for your patients again.
The other thing that I've noticed is that the little things in life are more fun and my heart doesn't seem to pound like it use too. I'm definitely feel good!!!
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Jan-04-02, 17:22

Stats: 145?/131/125 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress:
Default feeling good

HI Jo-ann, so glad you're feeling healthier. I sure can relate to the awful heartburn. One sugar cheat and I get punished for hours. I'm sure that helps keeps me on the straight and narrow!!

Soon you'll be helping newbies as well.
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Jan-05-02, 10:00

BF:
Talking

Hi Sharon, I found out the hard way last night what a little sugar does to me. Had a bad night and payed for it, exhausted and burning up. Some times a reality check is a good thing. Boy am I thristy today. Sugar is just like a poisin to me and my body can't get it out of me fast enough. Thanks for the support and are there any places here that you frequent more than others?
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Jan-05-02, 13:09

Stats: 145?/131/125 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress:

Hi Jo-ann, hope you're feeling better today. I've read posts on the board where people have experienced heartburn from lowcarbing....for me it's the total opposite. Sounds like you and I can be "NO SUGAR", buddies.

If I do get heartburn I take Zantac 75. It seems to help, Also LOTS of water.

I have to be really careful, even with a glass of wine. Occasionally I can have a glass on wine and it doesn't bother me, and then the next time - agony!!

Last night I made some lowcarb almond chocolate treats. I had two and they didn't bother me a bit, now had these been high carb chocolate, I would have been sorry.

Last edited by Sharon : Sat, Jan-05-02 at 15:38.
  #10   ^
Old Sat, Jan-05-02, 15:15

BF:
Default Exstrenght dival etc.....

I've been in such pain before that I've done the baking soda and water. yuk but it does get burning out. A clear indicator that I was not eating the right food. These days everyone seems to be drink fruit shakes, I'm like in a coma after I drink one, I can't get to bed fast enough.
I'm glad to have made a buddy.