Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jan-02-02, 18:06

Plan: atkins
Stats: 264/264/150
BF:
Progress:
Wink New member here, hoping to live again and not just exist!!

Hello there everyone. I just registered and havent yet had a chance to browse the site. I will do so over the next few days. Anyway, my name is Robin and I live in Athens Georgia. Im from Atlanta Georgia. I came here by accident looking or some low carb. recipes and found you guys. You know this is really what I think will help me get through this really hard time of starting a diet is support. I havent dieted in 8 years. Then I lost 21 pounds. Now I need to lost almost half my weight. Im just excited about it right now. I know that it is going to be hard but I also know that once I start seeing results I will be pumped and motivated. I am a big time sweet eater. I love my sweets, and that will probably be the hardest thing. Next to that will be not drinking my Cokes. So any advice would be great. Thanks alot and hope to get to know you guys.
Happy New Year from Georgia!!!
Robin C.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jan-02-02, 18:12

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: //2002
BF:and feeling great
Progress: 99%

Welcome, Robin! So nice to meet you!

You will be delighted with all this site offers, it's chockablock full of recipes, and good tips and problem-solvers.

If you get a chance, check out the Journal section, there are so many in-progress success stories, that I'm sure you will find tons of people you can relate to. Think about starting your own journal, it's a great idea to help yourself stay on track and hit goals.

I'm on atkins and soon to celebrate 2 years of following low carb. It's a grand way to live, that's for sure.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Jan-02-02, 18:17

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 180/159/135
BF:
Progress: 47%

Hi!!

Good luck Robin. I think you will really like this site. I am a new member but a few months back when I was going strong on my LC WOE (Protein Power, which I re-started today) I loved to browse the forum. You can find lots of new ideas and you'll realize you're not alone.. I am a fellow sweet lover. Don't worry once you start losing and your insulin levels out you'll do great.

Hope your weather is okay - heard you guys were getting snow in GA but I really don't mind sharing Ohio's weather with anyone!

Courtney
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Jan-02-02, 18:23

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 180/176.5/145
BF:
Progress: 10%
Smile Howdy Robin!

You have most definitely found the RIGHT site for you! I have only been on here about week and half and I have found more information and encouragment than you can imagine!

This is a 24 hour site for your low carb WOL! What more can you ask for? FREE on top of that!!!!!!!!

Glad to have you aboard!!

Jo Ann in TEXAS
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Jan-02-02, 18:24

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 142/128/128 Female 5 ft 4 in
BF:
Progress: 100%
Smile Welcome!

Hi Robin!
You have definitely found the right place for your new WOE! This site is so full of useful information, recipes, tips and most of all SUPPORT! I was a sugarholic too and this is the best way to get rid of that addiction. It's not easy at first, but once you make it through induction, it get's so much easier and you will feel wonderful. About the cokes, I was a diet coke addict for sure and now a couple sips and I don't even want it...tastes way too sweet. Drink that water and stick around for help. Start a journal in the Bootcamp section... I just finally started mine and it helps tremendously! Best wishes for a new you!
Hugs,
Carrie