Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#76   ^
Old Tue, Jun-29-04, 07:08
Under Construction

Plan: LC/BFL
Stats: 245/148/140 Female 5'4"
BF:less/than/B4
Progress: 92%

Cardio day was a tough one. It felt like the clock stopped as I was counting the minutes. I ran for about 11 minutes. I just couldn't increase the running like I would have liked. All in all it was a decent workout though. I pushed hard. 20 minutes total.
Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Wed, Jun-30-04, 07:48
Under Construction

Great lifting day. I increased leg extensions to 75 without a problem and somehow managed 55 on the chest press! I really put my mind to it and just did it. whoo hoo. Leg press was at 200. I felt like I was about to pull something so I lowered it by 10 just for today. I also increased torso rotation to 60, gluts to 190(!) and tricep extensions to 20. Damn, my legs are so much stronger than my arms.
  #78   ^
Old Wed, Jun-30-04, 12:27
Registered Member

Plan: Metabolic Surge
Stats: 170/139/? Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xplora
Great lifting day. I increased leg extensions to 75 without a problem and somehow managed 55 on the chest press! I really put my mind to it and just did it. whoo hoo. Leg press was at 200. I felt like I was about to pull something so I lowered it by 10 just for today. I also increased torso rotation to 60, gluts to 190(!) and tricep extensions to 20. Damn, my legs are so much stronger than my arms.

Legs are ALWAYS stronger than arms. We don't walk on our hands.

I know what you mean about the mental connection - sometimes the SIZE of a weight freaks me out more than the weight itself.

You're really getting INTO this! This is just so COOL!
  #79   ^
Old Thu, Jul-01-04, 06:57
Under Construction

Oh yeah Baby!! Today was killer cardio (as they all are really) and I ran for 12 minutes this time. I pushed myself to the point I was feeling ill and I'm so glad I did. Part of me wants to run slower just so I can do the whole 20 minutes running, and then increase my speed in intervals, but the other part of me is happy doing what I'm doing and increasing speed and endurance all at the same time. Sweat is still pouring off me 20 minutes after the WO.

Yee haw!
  #80   ^
Old Thu, Jul-01-04, 11:34
Registered Member

BF:

Hee hee! You're becoming a fitness junkie! Ah ha ha ha ha ha!

Welcome to my world...

#81   ^
Old Fri, Jul-02-04, 07:41
Under Construction

I was really weak today. That'll learn me to not eat and overindulge on LC beers. I pushed but my muscles just didn't cooperate. I only increased weight on the leg extensions (80) and then could only manage 8 reps on my last set. Monday I'll do better.
  #82   ^
Old Fri, Jul-02-04, 11:35
Under Construction

Walked in the park too today. I ran partway up the big hill until my lungs felt like they were burning up...walked the rest of the way.
I don't feel like I'm overdoing the exercise or anything, but how do you know when it's too much? What about when you might start losing that prescious muscle? Does eating have more to do with it?
  #83   ^
Old Fri, Jul-02-04, 18:29
Registered Member

BF:

I know it's too much when I dread it (I usually look forward to it)

Another way is when you start getting lots of injuries, or sick, or really drained.
Or when you do more and more, but stall anyway.
  #84   ^
Old Sun, Jul-04-04, 07:34
Under Construction

Saturday was cardio day. I used an old elliptical and cruised for 20 minutes hitting 4 high intensity levels for about 3 minutes each, the rest was moderate intensity. Also walked about 40 minutes and did 50 crunches, 50 reverse crunches and 50 clamshells.
  #85   ^
Old Sun, Jul-04-04, 12:02
Under Construction

Today is my off day but I still walked about 30 minutes and I bought a bike today and took it for a quick spin. I'll probably take it out again later before I have to get ready for company.
  #86   ^
Old Tue, Jul-06-04, 04:51
Under Construction

Yesterday was lifting day. I thought I would be weaker due to not eating very much lately but it was a good workout. Increased tricep pull downs to 40 and got through all 3 sets of 12 leg extensions at 80 pounds.
I rode my bike for about 4 miles too.
  #87   ^
Old Tue, Jul-06-04, 06:12
Under Construction

Cardio day. It was really hard today. It's like I crashed and burned. I ran for 5 1/2 minutes but increased my speed. I walked rather fast the rest of the way. I thought maybe I'd ride bike later depending on how I feel after eating today. I am really drained.
  #88   ^
Old Wed, Jul-07-04, 06:45
Under Construction

Lifting day was great today. I increased triceps machine to 35, did some dumbbell flies at 12 each side and increased leg extensions to 85. I lowered the leg press to 200 because at 210 I don't think I had proper form. I'm trying to push with my heels more than the rest of my feet now at the lower weight. All other exercises were equal. I really need to take a notepad.
  #89   ^
Old Wed, Jul-07-04, 08:04
Registered Member

BF:

If you push through your toes, with your feet lower on the platform, you target quads. With your feet higher on the plate, pushing through your heels, you'll target hammies and glutes. They're both good.

Getting into some serious weights pretty fast, girlie! You're lifting heavier than I do on almost everything. I still lift 12s for lateral raises, and I only do extensions with 60, triceps with 30, leg press with 230 yesterday, and that's 3 years in. Holy moly!

Woman - you bionic?

#90   ^
Old Thu, Jul-08-04, 06:00
Under Construction

Cardio day. Due to lack of time to drive back and forth from the gym, I decided to run around the block here. I alternated walking with all out sprints for 20 minutes. I may have pushed myself harder than if I was at the gym because I definitely was going much faster than what I would have set the treadmill for. On the other hand, I had longer rest periods, mainly because I was gasping for breath. I feel I got a good HIIT workout in.

No Way, Built! I feel mighty powerful. My shoulders are becoming rocks. Someone squeezed my shoulder the other day and told me that. I love it!

also walked for an hour.

Last edited by Xplora : Fri, Jul-09-04 at 04:21.