Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Paleolithic & Neanderthin
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, May-29-04, 03:43

Plan: Paleo-Neander
Stats: 178/173/125 Female 5.6 in.
BF:
Progress: 9%
Default I can of diet sunkiest...!

I was in a bad mood last night and just decided to drink a “Diet Sunkiest” (you can’t have a more deeper fake color than the Sunkiest, is so fake, have you seen it, is as bright as the sun…lol deep “orange”…cartoon orange…lol)

I adore that taste of that soda for some reason, I only have it like once every 4 months, and always when I get angry, kind of rebellious way, so there I was drinking it…. WOW.. after like 6 hrs I was retaining water, my hands where swollen and I haven’t been able to sleep I don’t know if it has caffeine on it, or what happen but now I am paying the consequences and hanging online…lol

The point I wanted to share was that I kind of forgotten in such a short time how bad it used to feel when I got swollen, or had so many little symptoms that I didn’t now where they came from, little by little I am more comfortable on that area. The book wasn’t kidding when it says that the more clean you ate the bigger the impact if you step out of it…

I think this helps a lot to not do it again and pin pointing what where few of the triggers that make my body feel so bad..
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, May-30-04, 07:02
Glutton for Grease!

Plan: Primal-VLC
Stats: 295/190/190 Male 76
BF:don't/really/care
Progress: 100%

I too drink diet sunkist every now and then and yes, it has caffeine. It is so tasty on occasion, though!
  #3   ^
Old Sun, May-30-04, 11:37

Plan: Neanderthin/Paleo
Stats: 147/123.2/121 Female 5.4
BF:
Progress: 92%

I tend to stick to Diet Coke. LOL.
  #4   ^
Old Sun, May-30-04, 20:19
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 100/110/100 Female short
BF:
Progress:

I tend to shy away from orange sodas when I noticed that my kid brother would always sport a neon orange moustache after drinking sunkist.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Jun-01-04, 16:01
Registered Member

Plan: Paleo
Stats: 145/140/? Female 5'6
BF:
Progress:

I've never liked carbonated beverages...as a child I hated the feeling of bubbles in my throat - it kinda hurt or stung my mouth. Even today I don't really like it. It's definately not something I crave, desire or ever think about.

Juice on the other hand...YUM!
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Jun-01-04, 21:21

Plan: Paleo
Stats: 322/240/140 Female 5'6''
BF:I have no idea
Progress: 45%

I'm with nela, I have a tendency to stick to diet Coke. And yes, I do notice that I swell up and retain more water when I drink it. Marty
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Jun-02-04, 13:32
Registered Member

Plan: low carb/neanderthin
Stats: 115/?/? Female 5'3"
BF:25%
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcticslug
I've never liked carbonated beverages...as a child I hated the feeling of bubbles in my throat - it kinda hurt or stung my mouth. Even today I don't really like it. It's definately not something I crave, desire or ever think about.

Juice on the other hand...YUM!

i have always had the same feelings on carbonated beverages. even when i was little and wanted to be a part of the fun, those crackling bubbles and fizzies in my throat and nose just weren't my idea of a good time i would choose juices and lemonade and flavored ice teas every time.
but my indulgences have always been beverages that taste good with cream and sugar - tea or coffee. i know the sugar and cream is optional, but without them, i'd rather drink nothing. so when i "cheat" now and have a not-so-paleo beverage, it's a decaf, hazelnut coffee with lots of cream and sweetners....
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Jun-08-04, 13:55

Plan: atkins
Stats: 285/250/150 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 26%
Default The best soda...

If I feel I HAVE to have a junky drink (lol) is the diet rite brand. It is sweetened with splenda, instead of aspartame, which means it doesnt have the aspartame after-taste. Also, it has no caffeine, ever. AND it's low-sodium. I never have a problem from drinking diet-rite.

--Daffodyl
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Jun-08-04, 16:10
Lobstergal

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

I had a can of diet pepsi the other day. I know it isn't paleo but I was thirsty and there was no bottled water around. A few minutes after I finished it I felt pretty wired. It must have been from all the caffeine/aspartame.
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Jun-08-04, 19:28

Plan: meat and meat by-products
Stats: 270/191/150 Male 5' 11"
BF:
Progress: 66%

When I'm craving carbonation I turn to plain old seltzer. No chemicals, no caffeine.
  #11   ^
Old Thu, Jun-24-04, 20:34
"Slaying My Demons"

Plan: Keto
Stats: 262.2/189.2/155 Female 5'8"
BF:Hell Yes!
Progress: 68%

Recently I've been making iced tea using Berry Zinger and Lemon Zinger tea together. I sweeten with Stevia and juice one lemon into it. This makes a very satisfying drink that has a kinda juicy punch thing going on. I was able to get off of the diet sodas with this. I don't drink it all day. Just one or two glasses. It's very thirst quenching and it tastes fruity.
For those who are interested I make it with 6 Berry Zinger bags and 2 Lemon Zinger Bags. These are the regular size tea bags not the iced tea size. Make up a strong tea in a couple of quarts of water. Let steep till cool. Add enough cold water to make one gallon. Add lemon juice and sweeten to taste.

Last edited by Signey : Thu, Jun-24-04 at 20:36. Reason: typo