Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jun-09-04, 11:45
Amazonian Princess

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 310/310/155 Female 5' 7"
BF:i/have/some
Progress: 0%
Default kath's workin' it!!

First day of my personal trainer and I'm loving the gym more and more!!

5 minutes cardio warm-up (bike)
60 minutes of weights on various machines working all muscle groups
30 minutes cardio (bike)

I have my next session booked for Friday and I can't wait! It's amazing to feel the muscles under all this fluff working!!

But, now I have to get ready for work ...wish I could stay at the gym all day....wow....never thought I would have said that!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Jun-12-04, 11:07
Amazonian Princess

Couldn't go to the gym friday because of work commitments ...but I did go this morning...

again, 5 minutes cardio warm-up (bike)
60 minutes of weights on various machines working all muscle groups
30 minutes cardio (bike)

I really do love going to the gym. I couldn't book another session until next Friday, so I'm on my own most of next week!!
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Jun-12-04, 12:15

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 135/130.5/120 Female 5'4"
BF:26/???/18
Progress: 30%

Sounds like you're on a great start! Keep it up! Soon exercise will become a habit. Doesn't lifting make you feel energized and give you a high?? I love it!
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Jun-13-04, 15:55
Amazonian Princess

TXAimee,

Thanks for stopping by! Yes, lifting is great! I can't believe I love working out so much. Is it a "bad" sign that I woke up sad that this is my rest day?

I was at the mall today and actually walked stairs "normally" ....because of my bad knee, I tend to have to walk up stairs one step at a time (right foot up, left foot up to same stair, right foot to next stairm left foot up to meet it --like a 3 year old!) ....but today I was able to walk up and not look like I'm still in preschool! I know I'll be able to be "normal" once I strengthen that knee up!
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Jun-21-04, 10:25
Amazonian Princess

Bad, bad me....bad scheduling at work caused me to slack off on the gym last week....but I'm back with a vengence this week!

I just got back from this morning's work out...

5 mintues bike, warm up
60 minutes weights, all muscles
10 minutes elliptical, cardio
3 minutes cool down elliptical

Wow....who knew the elliptical was so fun!?!?!?!?!?!

I am a genuine klutz by nature, so any machine that has arms and legs moving at the same time can't be a good thing...but I did it and it was great!

Hoping to make it to the gym 3-4 times this week! One down, three to go!!
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Jun-22-04, 19:06

Plan: considering SPP
Stats: 145//130 Female 5'4''
BF:
Progress: 36%

Hey Kath,
I've been reading your gym log. Great work!!! Isn't the gym just great? There's nothing quite like the endorphins released that make you feel really good after a good work out. It's enough motivation for me.
Hope you enoy your next workout!

--Nadz
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Jun-22-04, 19:57
coffee...yum!

Plan: Who knows
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'6
BF:oh/my/gosh
Progress: 22%

Quote:
Originally Posted by kath310

I am a genuine klutz by nature, so any machine that has arms and legs moving at the same time can't be a good thing...but I did it and it was great!

You sound alot like me!!

Just had to peek in on you. I'm a nosey gal and I noticed that you pretty much just started this log.

Good for you!! You are so on the right track!!!
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Jun-23-04, 09:49
Amazonian Princess

Hi Nadz & Dawn....Thanks for visiting and your encouragement!

I did make it to the gym yesterday! Yay! That's 2 days down and 2 to go!!

I did 20 minutes (+5 minutes of cool down) on the eliptical. I love that thing! I was telling my friend at work, when my legs started to feel tired, I just pumped my arms more to "make" my legs work! Neat!

And I'm going to the gym today....appt with trainer at 1:00, so I won't post on that til late tonite or tomorrow. (that'll be 3 days down, 1 to go!) I know I won't make the gym tomorrow ("errands day" before I go into work) and hopefully I will make it in before work Friday (early day at work and I'm not so much the early riser...so we'll see!)

I can feel the muscles in my arms and legs...not pain, just "tight" .....means it's working! Can't wait til I can SEE the muscles too, not just feel them!

Last edited by kath310 : Wed, Jun-23-04 at 09:55.
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Jun-23-04, 11:09

Plan: Yudkin
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 000
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:

I was telling my friend at work, when my legs started to feel tired, I just pumped my arms more to "make" my legs work! Neat!

It is not only neat, but it IS the secret of speed walking. I am not kidding, I have read it in books for speed walkers. To dictate the tempo with our ARMS, not with our legs.
It seems human body is much more coordinated than we think. See your previous remark:
Quote:

Congratulations, you had an excellent start. You have found not only the secret of speed walking, but the secret of exercising: HAVING FUN :-))))

Cheers:
Eva
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Jun-23-04, 13:09
Amazonian Princess

Eva, Thanks for stopping by and CONGRATS on the marathon! Thanks for the info on speedwalking...wow, who knew I was on to something there? And thanks for the vote of confidence about my coordination, but I honestly don't think my body got that memo!

Just got back from the gym and figured I'd post today's workout

5 mintues bike, warm up
60 minutes weights, all muscles
20 minutes elliptical, cardio
5 minutes cool down elliptical

LOVE LOVE LOVE that elliptical! The machine told me I burned 300 calories, just doing that! Yay!

Maybe I'll try to wake up before DH and get another 15-20 minutes in on the elliptical tomorrow morning before we start running our errands....yes, sign I'm addicted!
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Jun-23-04, 19:48
coffee...yum!

Quote:

I can feel the muscles in my arms and legs...not pain, just "tight" .....means it's working! Can't wait til I can SEE the muscles too, not just feel them!

Isn't that just an awesome feeling!! Good for you!!! Keep it up!
  #12   ^
Old Fri, Jun-25-04, 08:55

Stats: 286/261/160 Female 5'8"
BF:BMI43.5%/39.7%/24%
Progress: 20%

Kath:

Thanks for visiting my gym log!

Quote:
I just started mine too and can't believe how much I love working out! What's up with that?

Boy, you have that right! I was the ULTIMATE couch potato let me tell you. I work from home so I didn't even have to walk to my car or through a parking lot everyday. I excelled at being a couch potato! Now I feel deprived when I don't workout.

You, Belly, and me have similiar stats and goals. We can really motivate each other like the three exercising muskateers! Go Us!

Orchid
  #13   ^
Old Sat, Jun-26-04, 16:11
Amazonian Princess

Ok, so I didn't make it to the gym Thursday or Friday, but I did go today! That makes FOUR days this week! Yay me!

Today: 10 minutes elliptical
60 minutes weight machines (tried some new ones too!)
20 minutes treadmill incl cooldown

I went with a friend today and....this is going to sound bad....didn't have as much fun. Weird. The gym will have to stay "my" thing...she's a talker and I just wanted to get my workout done. It was her first day, so I showed her how to use the machines and stuff....But, she's about my size and although I know I shouldn't compare myself to others...I was able to do more weights and my heart rate stayed lower than hers on the elliptical and treadmill....I was pretty happy about that. Is that bad?

I have my trainer scheduled for 3 nights next week (I'm working 7:30 am - 4:00 pm, so there was no "before work option" .....at least I wasn't going to get up that early! ...But since I have appointments, I won't just "not go" because I have to pay if I show or not!

I'm so happy I went to the gym 4 times this week! I did it!! Now I'll try to eventually get there 5x a week, but I stick with the 4 for now!
  #14   ^
Old Sat, Jun-26-04, 17:10

Plan: Yudkin
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 000
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:

I went with a friend today and....this is going to sound bad....didn't have as much fun. Weird. The gym will have to stay "my" thing...she's a talker and I just wanted to get my workout done. It was her first day, so I showed her how to use the machines and stuff....But, she's about my size and although I know I shouldn't compare myself to others...I was able to do more weights and my heart rate stayed lower than hers on the elliptical and treadmill....I was pretty happy about that. Is that bad?
I am so familiar with these feelings. Though I am a big talker, but in the gym I prefer to be among strangers. That is my private time. Similar way, though I am totally lack of any kind of competitiveness, I feel guilty pleasure if I can do more than youngsters around me. On the other hand, I can not help to feel somehow frustrated seeing people working with double, triple size weights than me. In a special way both experience motivate me. I do not think this is bad.

Great job .

Cheers: Eva
  #15   ^
Old Sat, Jun-26-04, 21:19
coffee...yum!

Kath,

I like being in my own little world too when I go and workout. That is my time! I don't want to chit chat with anyone because I am too busy taking out all of my frustations on the machines! For example....If I am on the leg press...my feet are bashing the ex-bfs face in! I guess I am just evil that way....and I don't want to be interrupted while I am kickin some *ss!!!!!!!

And great job on the 4 times working out this week...........fade into the sunset as the Three 'teers riding off into the horizon...............