Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Jun-11-04, 07:32

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 151/133/134 Female 5'5.5
BF:Getting better!
Progress: 106%
Default Gonna try something new

I am about to just give up on everything so I have decided to give this two more weeks. I initially had upped my fat to around 80% and cals to about 1800, had a woosh of 2lbs and finally hit 132. Then I blew it on a weekend binge 2 weeks ago, causing me to gain back 10 lbs. I have only dropped 2 of those 10 lbs with in the past two weeks even though I have been working out every day. So now I am going to try to stick to 20 carbs a day, 70% fat, and about 1300 cals a day and run 3 miles 6 days a week. Does someone mind taking a look at my menu for today, I'm used to eating a lot more food. Thanks!

Breakfast: 2 Hard boiled eggs
Snack: 1/2 low carb blueberry muffin
Lunch: Burger and a salad
Snack: 1/2 low carb blueberry muffin, cucumber
Dinner: Chicken Salad on lettuce
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Jun-11-04, 07:33
Registered Member

Stats: 302/180/150 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 80%

If you are going back to induction level carbs, I would stick to induction level foods....eliminate the blueberry muffins and stick to whole foods, meats, cheeses, veggies.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Jun-11-04, 07:36

Plan: Strict Atkins
Stats: 290/195/150 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 68%

You dont' have any veggies listed other than salad veggies...honestly, you need to incorporate more veggies and protien, get rid of the muffins, and include some cheese or fats...as well, where is your water?
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Jun-11-04, 07:51

I drink about 18 glasses of water a day and about 2 cans of diet rite. Getting rid of the muffins isn't an option for me because all that will happen is I will end up binging again in two weeks if I don't have some sort of carb substitute. I never did induction and lost 10 lbs, I was eating LC foods sparingly so I don't think that will hinder anything. If I think it is then I will cut them out, but they never caused a problem before. I will make sure to eat a larger variety of veggies though and my fat % is at 70 for today, so I don't quite understand why I would need to add more fats to the daily intake. That would put me right back where I was before wouldn't it.... with the body burning the fat ingested that day before stored fat, so it would just slow down the weight loss?
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Jun-11-04, 07:55
SanePsychoSuprGodess

Stats: 205/191/115 Female 5' 1"
BF:46%/41%/20%
Progress: 16%

Weight loss is slow as you approach your ideal weight -- you are so close or even at an ideal weight for your height of 5'5". Be patient, build muscle, don't starve yourself.
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Jun-11-04, 08:09

The last thing I need is more muscle!!! I have been extremely muscular my entire life and I am beginning to wonder if that with all the protein I am just building more. I have not lost any inches in my legs, just one in my waist, hips and bust... well before my binge anyway . I think my legs have even gotten a little bigger which worries me. I do not have very much fat on my legs but they look big due to all the muscle, I can't stand it. I used to get teased for having more muscular legs than all the boys.
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Jun-11-04, 08:16

Plan: whatever the heck works
Stats: 169/138/120 Female 66 inches
BF:no/thank/you
Progress: 63%

I might run the risk of getting flamed here, but I 100% agree with onehotmama.....you really have got to give up the muffins. Mind over matter, girl. Elimination of LC treats does not have to inevitably lead to bingeing. You can't honestly say that it's LC with muffins or give up, right??

Pandora, I loved my breads/muffins/bagels before and I'm doing it. All I have to do when I'm tempted is think about why I'm doing this.

C'mon, girl.....this is your Dr Phil-style kick in the ass! Whole foods and water, ONLY. YOU CAN DO IT!!! We're all doing it with you!
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Jun-11-04, 08:24
Registered Member

Stats: 293/282/150 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 8%

My mom bought this video online called classical stretch (http://www.classicalstretch.com/ame_fullbody_dvd.htm). It's a 1 hour video that she does about 3 times a week. What happens when you do this video is that your muscles get stretched out and strenghened so that you have a leaner, more firm looking arms, stomach, legs, thighs, etc. It's great for people who have bulky muscles (such as me and my mom). My mom's lost 10-15 lbs in the last 4-6 weeks WITHOUT changing her eating habits (she doesn't follow low carb). The tape pretty much works miracles.

Just a suggestion!
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Jun-11-04, 08:27

LOL! I'm not sure the point in giving up the muffins. I ate them the entire first two months of the program and went from 143 to 132 lbs... I also only eat 1 - 2 muffins every other week, if that. The muffins are not my problem it was having such high fat and cals, that was when I started having problems losing, I haven't even had muffins in at least a month.
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Jun-11-04, 08:28

Thanks for the video link!! I will have to check that out. Is it like pilates?
  #11   ^
Old Fri, Jun-11-04, 08:35

Stats: 000/000/135 Female 5' 2"
BF:uh/no/thanks
Progress: 0%

Smarie,
Here's another site for that video...cheaper and less shipping cost. Think I might give it try. Thanks!

http://www.overstock.com/cgi-bin/d2...&PROD_ID=535371
  #12   ^
Old Fri, Jun-11-04, 08:52

Plan: No Starch/High booze diet
Stats: 235/183/180 Male 71 inches
BF:Bah not sure..
Progress: 95%

I say eat the most of all your food for breakfast. Have a huge breakfast and eat more than just eggs... like 2 eggs.. bacon, ham or sausage and some lettuce and tomato. Then eat your lunch and dinner and just make sure to add butter and olive oil on everything. My trick for me was simply to NOT snack. My meals were big enough and full enough that I just would not snack (especially late at night). That was the time I lost the most amount of weight. I even still had booze through the whole process. Portion size was an issue for me but for others it may not.

On a different note.. 18 glasses of water a day??? dang!!
  #13   ^
Old Fri, Jun-11-04, 09:00

Stats: 206/166/125 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 49%

Thanks guys, I just ordered that video, and I hope to get it soon.
Tammy
  #14   ^
Old Fri, Jun-11-04, 10:59
Registered Member

Stats: 198/162/140 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 62%

Ok...here's my two cents...
Agreed...you need to toss the muffins...use 1/4 or 1/2 if needed every couple of days as a treat but dont use them daily.

Agreed...you need more veggies...esp dark green leafy ones like arugala and spinach if you like either of those.

Thought...cut out alcohol for 2 weeks

Another thought...after reading your posts...it seems that possibly a longer strict induction period might help. You're profile says you've been here since the end of April and you've listed 3 binges in your posts (didnt read them all but read about half). Alcohol may or may not be contributing to that but I think that losing control 3 times in 7 weeks is high. So maybe a return to strict induction for a couple of weeks will help get rid of some cravings. (Also try to have cold steak in the fridge...just a bit...and when you get a craving...eat a piece with a bit of mayo or garlic butter...dont know why but it seems to help)

Last...you dont have a ton to lose so it's not going to come off quickly...dont beat yourself up about not dropping it all in a month or two.
  #15   ^
Old Fri, Jun-11-04, 14:35
"Natural Mystic"

Stats: 178/108/120 Female 5' 1"
BF:45%/17%/15%
Progress: 121%

Quote:
So now I am going to try to stick to 20 carbs a day, 70% fat, and about 1300 cals a day and run 3 miles 6 days a week. Does someone mind taking a look at my menu for today, I'm used to eating a lot more food. Thanks!

Breakfast: 2 Hard boiled eggs
Snack: 1/2 low carb blueberry muffin
Lunch: Burger and a salad
Snack: 1/2 low carb blueberry muffin, cucumber
Dinner: Chicken Salad on lettuce

I agree with alot of the advice you were given.

About your workout: You should cut down on your running and do three days of weight triaining every other day. More muscle means a higher metabolism.

About your WOE: I don't think you are getting enough protein. From what I calculated you're only getting 77.5 g of protein. With your workouts that's not enough. I don't even think you are getting your lean mass in protein. You should also try to have protein at every meal.

I think you should drop the lc muffins and replace them with veggies like broccoli, spinach, cauliflower, brussel sprouts.

I think that if you exercising that much you should increase you calories or at the very least not have days when you have higher calories than 1300.

Also you are pretty close to your goal. So your losses will be slower. Be patient. Trust us, this works.

red

Hope that helps. Good luck.