Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Sun, Jun-06-04, 16:33

Plan: Atkins Induction
Stats: 395/380/165 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 7%

Glad to see that everyone is doing such a good job. I cheated on friday night.... was so mad at myself but I'm back on the wagon. I have to be extra strict now if I want to make this 30 in 30. I have my family reunion on June 26th.... that's another incentive. I already have my outfit picked out but it's a little snug right now, need to lose a few pounds before then. AdyPose, of course you can be a buddy....the more the merrier. Welcome!

~Whitney~
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Sun, Jun-06-04, 17:09
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 255/240/185 Female 5" 9 inches
BF:
Progress: 21%

Welcome Adypose! SO I really suck this weekend, but it is so hard sometimes! So good friends stopped by and wanted to go to a there fav restaurant this weekedn. They drove two hours and so I felt obligated. But we had a good time! Not much else new. Just big ol loser here trying to be good!

Jamie
  #48   ^
Old Sun, Jun-06-04, 20:56
Registered Member

Plan: today
Stats: 245/245/135 Female 5'5"
BF:100%!
Progress: 0%
Thumbs up

Well, one of these days I hope I can say "I am a big loser". But as you can see...I have quite a few pounds to lose. Monday is a new day. I can hear my
fresh tasting, sealed-in-the-pouch tuna calling me!
  #49   ^
Old Sun, Jun-06-04, 21:26

Stats: 285/258/175 Female 5'5.5 inches
BF:53%
Progress: 25%

Hi all!
It's good to see you are all back again. I was getting lonely on here last week. My weekend went pretty good. I am anxious to weigh in tomorrow to see just how good it was. I know what you mean that it's hard sometimes, we went to one of my favorite restaurants today and I was so tempted to order like I used to but I was REALLY good and I ate LC, I am very proud of myself today.

The best thing that happened this weekend was a coworker said that I was getting skinny. I told her she was just being nice and she said, Oh no you can really notice it!" and then another coworker piped in and said she noticed it too, I'll tell you what, that made me feel really good.

Talk to you soon!
Kathy
  #50   ^
Old Sun, Jun-06-04, 22:13

BF:

Yes, compliments are one of the best parts about losing weight. I've put up the scale for 10 days. I'm definitely a scale-a-holic and my goal is to get over it. I hope I can do the 10 days. I actually read a study that found that people who weight daily lose less....although I'm sure that's only partially true, if even that....it still pops into my mind. Well hope everyone has a good monday!
  #51   ^
Old Mon, Jun-07-04, 09:36
Registered Member

BF:

I am a scale a holic as well. But what is really bothering me is my husband is just dropping the weight left and right. Everywhere we go people notice how much he has lost and he gets al of the compliments. Maybe I am selfish but it just pisses me off. I mean he is losing the weight because I am looking up recipes and cooking low carb for him, buying all low carb foods at the store and making sure his lunch os low carb everyday. So basically I do the work and he loses the weight! Men I tell you!!
Anyway I better get going, it is hot hot hot here today and the girls want to go play in there pool!

Jamie
  #52   ^
Old Mon, Jun-07-04, 09:59
Registered Member

Plan: today
Stats: 245/245/135 Female 5'5"
BF:100%!
Progress: 0%
Thumbs up

I probably need to be more scale-concious. I would probably lose weight that way. I am starting a journal, the most boring piece of work around! People will read it and go to sleep at their computer!!! It seems to have helped many to document what they eat. I'll try anything!
  #53   ^
Old Mon, Jun-07-04, 10:25

Hey gachico5 I'll join you in putting the scale up for ten days because I'm a scalaholic too and it really bugs me. I get to the point that if the scale does not move I get in a terrible mood for the whole day. I will gladly try that challenge with you. So I will not weigh myself for 10 days!!! Hard as that maybe I will try to do it. The scale will not dictate my moods!!

I didn't weight myself today even though it is my weigh in day, but a challenge is a challenge. I HATE MY SCALE AND THE WAY IT MAKES ME FEEL.

Kathy

Last edited by kathjef : Mon, Jun-07-04 at 10:26. Reason: Spelling
  #54   ^
Old Mon, Jun-07-04, 13:57
Registered Member

BF:

add me in for the challenge! 10 days no scale!!! I know I can do this!
  #55   ^
Old Mon, Jun-07-04, 17:18

BF:

Glad to see that you guys are joining me! I'm actually excited about getting rid of the scale. No longer will my moods be controlled by the little or no loss each day. 10 days isn't long... already have one down... only 9 to go! We can do this!
  #56   ^
Old Mon, Jun-07-04, 20:24

YES WE CAN!!!

Kathy
  #57   ^
Old Tue, Jun-08-04, 22:24
Registered Member

BF:

So I did it! One day with out the scale! I am so proud of myself! Just wanted to brag!

Jamie
  #58   ^
Old Wed, Jun-09-04, 06:21

BF:

Tullip, your bragging rights are well deserved... congrats! I completed my 2nd day with no scale yesterday. I already feel thinner with no scale... how strange is that? Hopefully when we get back on the scale, we'll see awesome results! Hope everyone has a great day.

~Whitney~
  #59   ^
Old Wed, Jun-09-04, 07:23

Plan: Modified CAD
Stats: // Female 63
BF:
Progress: 6%

Hi everyone!

My name is Lisa and I was wondering if you have room for another buddy?

I hope so! I can relate to so much of what you are going through too. Like, the husband losing weight and being a scale-a-holic to name a few.

You all seem to be doing really well and are supportive to each other, that's great!

I've been LC since 3/04, but having a tough time losing weight (my journal tells the story), but I'm not giving up this WOE. I really need buddies!

Lisa
  #60   ^
Old Wed, Jun-09-04, 16:49
Registered Member

BF:

welcome aboard Lisa! Hope you enjoy our board! By the way I am 2 days without a scale and I too feel skinnier! Hows everyone else doing!

JAmie