Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Jun-06-04, 16:29

Plan: atkins ish
Stats: 150/147/120 Female 5'3
BF:NoMore Preggers!
Progress: 10%
Smile meals?

I was wondering if someone could post a couple of sample meals of what they eat. I did do atkins after I had my twins and I lost weight but now I know that I didn't eat the right way-I was eating eggs and egg salad and cheeseburgers and sauasge. Almost not veggies but yet i lost weight. Now I am nursing and need to keep carbs up. I have been tracking on fitday and says that I am at 30 carbs so far today and only 1200 cals. I was doing South beach but seemed to get stuck and I was still hungry-guess I needed more fat or protein.
So now I am looking for some meal ideas-I do have the books but they are packed since I am moving in 19 days!!!!!----I am wondering if I am doing atkins the right way or not now. So any help would be great-
I was also wondering about fruits should I eat them with protein? I need to find my books!

also what does everyone eat for sweets? I did use to eat the lc candy bars but I would over do it and have wayyyyy tooo many-

here is what fitday said

1271 cal
78-fat
carbs 36
106 protein
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Jun-06-04, 16:47

Plan: atkins
Stats: 160/143/125 Female 5-6
BF:got/luv/handles
Progress: 49%

The sugar free popcicles only have like 20 calories each and are sweetend with splenda. I also like jello occasionally. Sometimes Ill get the low carb ice cream in the pints, and just take a few bits here and there.

Today I have some stir fry for breakfast. Spicy chicken with alot of veggies

then for dinner I took some of it and put it in a low carb tortilla, with sour cream and salsa, yum!

I also had a sugar free creamcicle.

Where are you getting your carbs at if its already at 30? Most of your carbs should come from veggies. You should check out the recipes on this site, there are some really really good ones.
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Jun-06-04, 16:56

I got a lot of carbs from the salad that I had for lunch. Sometimes I wonder who correct Fitday is- I think I I will look for sf creamcicles though-who are they made by? Thanks

Does it look like too much fat?
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Jun-06-04, 17:04

Plan: atkins
Stats: 160/143/125 Female 5-6
BF:got/luv/handles
Progress: 49%

I find that eating alot of fat actually helps me lose weight faster. When I eat the really high fat foods, I just watch the portions so that I dont consume too many calories. They are made by the popcicle brand, which is made my good humor.
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Jun-06-04, 17:10

Like I had mentioned before I was doing sbd and it seemed like it was moving pretty slowly-granted I am nursing and don't want it to come off to fast- But it seems like I need more fat. Is that pretty uncommon? I thought it was so weird for me to need more fat-I thought I wasa looney!

do you have nay snacks at all? you don't journal your food huh?
thanks

Last edited by twinmomma : Sun, Jun-06-04 at 17:38.
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Jun-06-04, 23:30

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 229/205/170 Female 5'6"
BF:I have Body Fat!??
Progress: 41%

Quote:
Now I am nursing and need to keep carbs up.

I believe that according to the Atkins website, nursing moms should be eating 80-90 carbs a day.

And actually, it would stand to reason you need more fat--after all, part of the milk you're making is fat, which has to come from the foods you eat, so if you're craving it I would sure increase the intake.

Generally speaking, I pretty much snack all day, then eat supper, followed by a small snack later on.

Sometimes I'll eat actual breakfast. Today I sauteed three small mushrooms then cooked a couple of eggs over them and when that was done melted about 1.5 oz. of cheese. I like to top it with salsa.

Lunch is often a salad made from every raw veggie I can find in the fridge (celery, radishes, kale, onions, tomatoes, parsley, cucumber, green pepper, etc.). Sometimes I'll add meat or cheese, and sometimes I add some green olives (great for increasing fat), and sometimes use some cottage cheese. Of course I apply salad dressings rather liberally.

My favorite lunch in the entire world is avocado and cottage cheese, but that's not something you eat every day with four LCers in the house who love avocadoes as much as I do.

For suppers we do all kinds of weird stuff, like vege-ghetti. This is pasta sauce (the kind with no sugar) with a lot of veggies (broccoli, green pepper, onion, etc.) in it. In the winter we top spaghetti squash. Otherwise we just eat it with a side of salad.

Stir-fries are popular around here--just cook up the meat and add all kinds of chopped veggies.

We also do pork steaks with veggies and salad, and sometimes we cook a roast with cabbage, then usually have another veggie or salad with that.

We cook pretty simply, but it makes it a whole lot easier to keep track of what I'm eating.