Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Jun-06-04, 08:18
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 153/135/130 Female 5-6
BF:
Progress: 78%
Default atkins and WW....WOW!!

well i got fed up doind induction and not being able to lose a pound...but i really liked the fact that i never felt hungry, when i was on WW i was able to lose the weight but always trying to fight off hunger! so i figured maybe i was just eating way too much on atkins to lose anything, so i decided it was worth a try...on friday i started WW and atkins, and put a points value to everything i ate, and made sure i stayed within my points range, i noticed i was using less points than usual...and i think from still controlling and paying attention to what i was eating, i wasnt doing mindless munching even when i wasnt hungry...and guess what..DOWN 2 POUNDS today!! woohoo! finally the scale has moved!!!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Jun-06-04, 08:25
overeasy

Plan: No grains/sugar/alcohol
Stats: 221/175.4/160 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 75%

Congrats!! Also, remember, you don't have much to lose, therefore it will take you longer to lose the weight.

mel
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Jun-06-04, 08:28

Plan: Atkins - Induction
Stats: 353/298.5/199 Male 6'2"
BF:No Idea
Progress: 35%

That is the primary rule of weight control. You must always eat fewer calories than you are burning if you want lose weight If you follow Atkins (or other low carb programs), then you are supposed to 'feel satisfied' before you exceed that limit.

Sounds like you have found a way to make sure that it works for you. Great Job!

Keep up the great work and congrats!!
Rick
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Jun-06-04, 08:38
Registered Member

BF:

thanks guys!! ..yeah..i totally think i was just eating way too much and i needed something like WW to keep me in control!
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Jun-06-04, 09:02

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 130.5/119.5/115 Female 4'10.5"
BF:32%/32%/22%
Progress: 71%

I'm glad WW/Atkins is working for you.

For me I used to do weight watchers and all that point counting just made me think about food all the time. And anytime I stopped counting points and just tried to eat based on hunger and healthy stuff I still gained the weight back. For me, just avoiding white flour and sugar just makes my life so much easier and when I'm not losing, I"m atleast not gaining either.

But like I said I'm glad its working for you, everyone should do what works for them.

Good luck and like the other poster said do remember that having less to lose will and should take awhile. Atkins said when you get to within 10 lbs of your goal your rate of weight loss should almost be imperseivable (sp?). That way when you get to goal you are already eating like you will eat for the rest of your life.

Jenny
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Jun-06-04, 10:36
Registered Member

Stats: 132/117.2/115 Female 5'3
BF:20%
Progress: 87%

Interesting concept.....however, are you keeping sugar out of your diet as well?
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Jun-06-04, 10:38

Stats: 185/157/140 Female 55
BF:
Progress: 62%

sounds like your plan is working! congrats
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Jun-06-04, 11:31
Registered Member

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFMOM
Interesting concept.....however, are you keeping sugar out of your diet as well?

yup...basically i am only eating foods permitted on atkins but making sure i dont go over my points/ and carbs!
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Jun-06-04, 13:55

Plan: In Transition
Stats: 256/180/140 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 66%

I have to ask, just out of curiosity,.....did you track your food intake with FitDay for any length of time? I would think if you had, that would have alerted you to the fact that you were consuming too many calories and you could have made adjustments to correct that.

Speaking for myself, I find Atkins is difficult to do right. I can't imagine how much more complicated my life would be if I were to incorporate WW. Kudos to you for finding something that works for you. I wish you continued success.
  #10   ^
Old Sun, Jun-06-04, 14:27
Registered Member

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawna
I have to ask, just out of curiosity,.....did you track your food intake with FitDay for any length of time? I would think if you had, that would have alerted you to the fact that you were consuming too many calories and you could have made adjustments to correct that.

Speaking for myself, I find Atkins is difficult to do right. I can't imagine how much more complicated my life would be if I were to incorporate WW. Kudos to you for finding something that works for you. I wish you continued success.

actually i never tried tracking what i was eating in fitday...keeping track of all this is a bit of a pain but i guess if its what i have to do to lose wieght then i'm going to do it!
  #11   ^
Old Sun, Jun-06-04, 15:10

Stats: 248/138/125 Female 5 ft. 3
BF:
Progress: 89%

Sky

It might actually be easier for you to just put everything you eat into fitday and determine what amount of calories and so forth works the best for you.

I have been losing really well lately by keeping my fat percentage up and my calories down....not too low, but 1200-1500 works best for me... before that I was so fed up with the loss going slow that I was ready to try keeping my calories between 800-1000 for awhile, just to see what happened...but my loss really kicked in now and I dropped 4 pounds in 3 days.

Fitday helps us to fine tune our low-carb plan to our individual needs because we are all different.
  #12   ^
Old Sun, Jun-06-04, 22:55
Registered Member

BF:

yes! thanks guys i am checking out fitday now!