Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   atkins and WW....WOW!! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=189529)

skytrance Sun, Jun-06-04 08:18

atkins and WW....WOW!!

well i got fed up doind induction and not being able to lose a pound...but i really liked the fact that i never felt hungry, when i was on WW i was able to lose the weight but always trying to fight off hunger! so i figured maybe i was just eating way too much on atkins to lose anything, so i decided it was worth a try...on friday i started WW and atkins, and put a points value to everything i ate, and made sure i stayed within my points range, i noticed i was using less points than usual...and i think from still controlling and paying attention to what i was eating, i wasnt doing mindless munching even when i wasnt hungry...and guess what..DOWN 2 POUNDS today!! woohoo! finally the scale has moved!!!!

mel92 Sun, Jun-06-04 08:25

Congrats!! Also, remember, you don't have much to lose, therefore it will take you longer to lose the weight.

:)mel

Parasite Sun, Jun-06-04 08:28

That is the primary rule of weight control. You must always eat fewer calories than you are burning if you want lose weight If you follow Atkins (or other low carb programs), then you are supposed to 'feel satisfied' before you exceed that limit.

Sounds like you have found a way to make sure that it works for you. Great Job!

Keep up the great work and congrats!! :yay:
Rick

skytrance Sun, Jun-06-04 08:38

thanks guys!! ..yeah..i totally think i was just eating way too much and i needed something like WW to keep me in control!
:)

jbird Sun, Jun-06-04 09:02

I'm glad WW/Atkins is working for you.

For me I used to do weight watchers and all that point counting just made me think about food all the time. And anytime I stopped counting points and just tried to eat based on hunger and healthy stuff I still gained the weight back. For me, just avoiding white flour and sugar just makes my life so much easier and when I'm not losing, I"m atleast not gaining either.

But like I said I'm glad its working for you, everyone should do what works for them.

Good luck and like the other poster said do remember that having less to lose will and should take awhile. Atkins said when you get to within 10 lbs of your goal your rate of weight loss should almost be imperseivable (sp?). That way when you get to goal you are already eating like you will eat for the rest of your life.

Jenny

SFMOM Sun, Jun-06-04 10:36

Interesting concept.....however, are you keeping sugar out of your diet as well?

killamira Sun, Jun-06-04 10:38

sounds like your plan is working! congrats

skytrance Sun, Jun-06-04 11:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFMOM
Interesting concept.....however, are you keeping sugar out of your diet as well?

yup...basically i am only eating foods permitted on atkins but making sure i dont go over my points/ and carbs!

Dawna Sun, Jun-06-04 13:55

I have to ask, just out of curiosity,.....did you track your food intake with FitDay for any length of time? I would think if you had, that would have alerted you to the fact that you were consuming too many calories and you could have made adjustments to correct that.

Speaking for myself, I find Atkins is difficult to do right. I can't imagine how much more complicated my life would be if I were to incorporate WW. Kudos to you for finding something that works for you. I wish you continued success.

skytrance Sun, Jun-06-04 14:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawna
I have to ask, just out of curiosity,.....did you track your food intake with FitDay for any length of time? I would think if you had, that would have alerted you to the fact that you were consuming too many calories and you could have made adjustments to correct that.

Speaking for myself, I find Atkins is difficult to do right. I can't imagine how much more complicated my life would be if I were to incorporate WW. Kudos to you for finding something that works for you. I wish you continued success.

actually i never tried tracking what i was eating in fitday...keeping track of all this is a bit of a pain but i guess if its what i have to do to lose wieght then i'm going to do it!
:)

Lipid Sun, Jun-06-04 15:10

Sky

It might actually be easier for you to just put everything you eat into fitday and determine what amount of calories and so forth works the best for you.

I have been losing really well lately by keeping my fat percentage up and my calories down....not too low, but 1200-1500 works best for me... before that I was so fed up with the loss going slow that I was ready to try keeping my calories between 800-1000 for awhile, just to see what happened...but my loss really kicked in now and I dropped 4 pounds in 3 days.

Fitday helps us to fine tune our low-carb plan to our individual needs because we are all different.

skytrance Sun, Jun-06-04 22:55

yes! thanks guys i am checking out fitday now!