Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Sun, Dec-09-01, 07:47

Plan: cad/calp
Stats: 200/186/160 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 35%
Default hi shirlfe

hi, i put in a new thread under 190 yes , i am interested in this group, it fits my needs more. if i ever learn all the in and out of this computer. i tried to put in my journal yesterday and ended up on someone else page, the instructions aren't clear to me . so i deleted and tried again but it didn't take so my husband is going to see if he can figure out what i'm doing wrong, i started out on induction at 200 lbs and lost 9lbs. then nothing until today my 20th day and i lost 1 1/2 lbs. for a total of 10 1/2 lbs. now on to the owl. and add more carbs. so i'm very interested in your group since i fit in this category.got to go for my walk.wawtigress
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Sun, Dec-09-01, 08:08
Registered Member

Plan: dr.atkins
Stats: 132/122/100 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 31%
Talking

hi Shirley...what part of Texas you live in? I live near San Antonio
  #18   ^
Old Sun, Dec-09-01, 12:53

Plan: cad/calp
Stats: 200/186/160 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 35%
Default how to get rid of a thread

shirlfe, when i wante to join your group in the 190 club , i was new and thougt i had to put in a new thread but found out later that i just need to post reply to your thread. i have tried every way to delete my thread but can't get it deleted. any suggestions on how.wawtigress
  #19   ^
Old Sun, Dec-09-01, 13:03
Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/190/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 50%
Smile hi wawtigress

Members cannot delete posts, but if you'd ever like to change your own message .. to correct a typo, or add or remove something ... just use the edit button in the right lower corner of all your posts. You can make changes for up to 48hrs from the original time of posting.

I think your other "190" post is lovely .. some other reader may find the words encouraging and inspiring. 10½ lbs is great success! I recommend for it to stay put ... but if you prefer, we can remove it for you.

Doreen
  #20   ^
Old Mon, Dec-10-01, 20:20

Plan: AHP&FP
Stats: 197/125/137 Female 5' 6"
BF:42%/22%/21%
Progress: 120%

Hey Shirlfe,

I started back in April of this year at 192 and down to 152. I also live in Texas. (Dallas/FTW area)

Just wanted to say hi and good luck!
  #21   ^
Old Mon, Dec-10-01, 21:15

Plan: Atkin's
Stats: 195/195/135
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Hi all 190er's

I have been off for a while, have had a sinus infection. Welcome. And to the Texan's. I am near Austin.
I am doing a lot better, staying on track with Atkins, hoping to lose 10 pounds by Christmas, but will be more like 7. I will take all I can get.
I had a good day today. Had pork chops salad and green beans for supper. Pork chop for lunch. Guess I like pork chops. ha. Had a bite of cream cheese with pumkin mixed in it, with splenda. See y'all tomorrow. Welcome everybody! Hug's Shirl
  #22   ^
Old Mon, Dec-10-01, 21:33

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 190/178.2/140
BF:
Progress: 24%
Thumbs up Hi Wawtigress and Welcome!

Well, it looks like our group is growing. Good to have another on board. I progressed to the OWL today, I am a bit intimidated by the extra carbs, but life must go on and I must be able to add more food for this to truly be a WOL instead of an induction phase.

I'm looking at the Protein Power way of thinking, personally I think it offers more variety and more balance, but it also requires more thought for sure. On that plan, not only do you keep your carbs low, you are required a certain amount of protein per day by calculating your body fat and lean muscle mass (which I unfortunately have very little of .) Anyway, I'm lucky to be able to count the 20 to 30 grams of carbs per day, much less keeping up with 50 to 60 grams of protein. I will keep reading until I really get a grasp of it, but in the meantime, it's Atkins OWL.

Look forward to reading more from you, just remember, water till ya slosh!!

Good luck and happy low carbing!

#23   ^
Old Wed, Dec-12-01, 11:54
Registered Member

Stats: 202.1/193.1/145
BF:
Progress: 16%

Hiya! I am right there with ya Shirl. I started at 202 and am down to 193. By the way, Kyfaithly is my aunt. Small world isn't it. I am doing okay and getting results on Atkins. I would (like everyone else.....like to get faster results) but I am hanging in there. I like the support everyone gives here, and I like your idea of the 190"s. I wish you the best of luck and hope to chat soon. Take care!
  #24   ^
Old Wed, Dec-12-01, 14:06

Plan: Atkin's
Stats: 195/195/135
BF:
Default Hi

Good for you Lee! I know we can count down the pounds every week. I have someone now the very same weight, as me. We can do this together. Hug's, Shirl
  #25   ^
Old Wed, Dec-12-01, 14:08

Stats: 207/201/165
BF:32%/32%/25%
Progress: 14%
Cool Hey there.....can I hang out?

I reached 198 last week, and am desperate to get it down. I have fluctuated and am at 195.5 today. I only started inducation again in earnest Yesterday, including exercise.

I'm 51, divorced, two grown daughters, I live with my two cats. I also started treadmill workouts after a long time with a broken foot. I'm perimenopausal with night sweats, insomnia, etc.

I've already posted to the exercise forum, daily forum, journal forum, and fitday. I don't know if much of it will be repeating myself. Maybe I'll just kinda post summaries here, and in detail on the others...depends on how much time I have since I do most of my writing from work (I work on computer with numbers, so occasional non work related emails are a relief.)

Are you guys posting to the other forums as well?
  #26   ^
Old Thu, Dec-13-01, 16:13

Plan: Looking in to Dr. Atkins
Stats: 195/195/150
BF:
Progress:
Talking New 190's

Hello folks,

I am actually 197, and just started my Induction today. As I struggle through these great forums, I am pleased to have stumbled on this one. I too would like to get down to 150, and hope to at least get down to 185 by X-mas.
So far I am doing better, after breakfast-3 eggs scrambled w/ seasoning and onion, I was stumbling upon a headache. AFter lunch today, -salmon and mixed greens, I felt better. I am on the west coast and at work. It is about 2pm pacific time.
It's when I get home that I worry about, but once I do get home I'll make sure I have the forum on line.

I will be sure to keep this forum active, I did post in the journal section under E. So I hope I have all the tools I need to succeed. I have never done this before, but have heard to many wonderful things from people who have.

But this site really gives you the boost to remember why I am doing this, and that I am not the only one. I work for the airlines, and so it sometimes is hard to try to keep on track of food. But it sounds like eating out or fast food joints is not too difficult, as long as you pay attention to what you order.

I'll be back-
E&J
  #27   ^
Old Fri, Dec-14-01, 06:48
Registered Member

BF:

Welcome E&J.........you are most definitely not alone! You have a lot of new friends and support here. Stick to your plan and you will succeed. I will check out your journal in a bit, too. Good Luck!
  #28   ^
Old Fri, Dec-14-01, 07:30

Plan: Paleo
Stats: 260/260/155 Female 69 inches
BF:

Hi everyone

I can't wait to join your 190 club. My goal is by the end of January. This is perfect and something to shoot for. Thanks for starting this.

Susan
  #29   ^
Old Fri, Dec-14-01, 07:42
Registered Member

BF:

I am cheering for you!!!!!
  #30   ^
Old Fri, Dec-14-01, 07:59

Stats: 200/190/140 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 17%
Thumbs up Great Idea!

This is such a great idea for a thread! I too am 193 as of yesterday...started at 200lbs. I am keeping to the Induction phase of Atkins seeing as I have been "rewarding" myself when I lose. As of today, also starting in earnest and like everyone else, I wish it would come off faster, but I am very happy with what I have accomplished so far. My mom even told me yesterday that I "look" thinner already... leaders.

I will be 30 in February, single and have been laid off from my job. The job thing had me down pretty bad in the beginning of the week, but as of yesterday, looks like things might be turning around...keep your fingers crossed for me!! Not an easy time to keep the bills up to date and go Christmas shopping! YUK!!

I also would love to break into the 180's by X-mas, this gives me only a week and a half or so....I will really have to watch myself! I know I can do this and I know the rest of you can do it too!! This such a great support team!

Well, that is all for now, and I look forward to keeping up with all of you!

Deb