Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Thu, Jun-03-04, 14:13
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 307/284/140 Female 5 feet 9 inches
BF:47%/?/20
Progress: 14%

Thank you Everyone! So, 20 Carbs a day it is . To me, 20 Carbs feels like a "tease". Only three cups of salad a day.....it feels like some sick joke (One can actually eat too much spinach?......who would have thought!). It would be easier to just go "cold turkey". Oh well.......20 carbs it is.

Last edited by Surrey Mom : Thu, Jun-03-04 at 14:16. Reason: spelling
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Thu, Jun-03-04, 19:12

Stats: 293/283/170 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 8%
Default Chicken Wings?

Thank you all so much for answering me, it has really made me feel included and confident that I'm not in this alone!

Ok- The calories were out of control yesterday, so I looked at my fitday.com thing. For dinner I had 12 chicken wings - no sauce, baked. The counter has that at 1032 calories! Can that be right?

I think that I did better today. I had a long walk and less calories.

1150 calories
73 grams of fat
19 carbs
102 protein

I really wish there was a sort of comparison. Could one of you tell me what your day looks like at the end, stat wise?

Thank you!

FlaMom
  #18   ^
Old Thu, Jun-03-04, 19:39
Registered Member

Plan: DietToGo Low Carb
Stats: 280/206/180 Male 72 inches
BF:Huh? Duh!
Progress: 74%

Surrey Mom:

The 20 carb limit is only during induction which is just the initial two weeks to get your body used to the reduced carbs. Also, don't count the carbs from fiber in that limit.

Florida Mom:

I think the 1032 calories for chicken wings is probably wrong. Most of the calories in chicken wings is in the fat under the skin. How much fat you eat depends on how plump the wings are and how much of the skin/fat you actually eat.

Anyway, you really don't need to count calories unless you are not losing a pound or so a week. But it can give you an idea about portion sizes so you don't get carried away.

BTW, a gram of fat has 9 calories. Carbs and protein have 4 calories.

Your numbers for today look pretty good. I'd up the calories a bit though if you feel hungry. It is hard to get all your needed vitamins and nutrients when you consume less than 1200 calories and so few carbs.

Also, judging from your total calorie count, you probably didn't subtract the fiber grams. They recommend around 25 or so fiber grams (which you get mostly from plants or a fiber supplement). It helps keep things moving in your digestive system and fiber isn't digested so the fiber calories don't count.
  #19   ^
Old Thu, Jun-03-04, 20:36

Stats: 319/240/175 Female 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 55%

Surrey Mom:
i follow induction still. Somedays I hit 20, other's i dont. The only thing that i have stopped counting strictly is lettuce and spinach. I have a BIG unmeasured salad everynight. It keeps everything on the inside healthy and doesn't affect my ketosis. It's not so much just keeping it under/at 20 carbs, but the quality of carbs you are eating.
  #20   ^
Old Thu, Jun-03-04, 22:12
Amazonian Princess

Stats: 310/310/155 Female 5' 7"
BF:i/have/some
Progress: 0%

I read somewhere on the board that your ratio for the day should look like this: 70% fat, 20% protien, 5% carbs

It helps to input everything in FitDay because it calculates the percentages too. I agree about those portions though...just weird, some of 'em!

Hope this helps.....and keep up the great work everyone!!