Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, May-30-04, 02:00

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 215/215/150 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default ediets

Has anyone tried Atkins on ediets.com? I think I'd like to use it because it gives you a meal plan and recipes everyday. I'd rather come to this site for the support part though. I was just wondering if anyone liked ediets. I think it's about $12 a month.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, May-30-04, 02:23
PuertoRican Princess

Stats: 299/236/135 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 38%

I was gonna try it too but then thought, what if the meals they give me, I don't like.

I just rather go to the atkins site and look for recipes there I like, and it's free.

Have a great day hun!
  #3   ^
Old Sun, May-30-04, 03:50

Plan: Muscle Centric
Stats: 238/152/160 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 110%

Before signing up for ediets, you might be interested in reading this post from an actual ediets member:

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showpost...351&postcount=1
  #4   ^
Old Sun, May-30-04, 05:58
Slow and Steady

Plan: Atkins OWL
Stats: 238/214/130 Female 67
BF:51%/41.7%/?
Progress: 22%
Thumbs down

The eDiets Atkins menu's are a huge joke. They are completely wrong for induction. They feature all of the Atkins products in their menus, and they restrict quantities.
During induction, the idea is to clean your system out. Anyone who has read his book can tell you that bread is not allowed during induction. The eDiets menu's feature bread daily. They have used a software program to compute 20 net carb meals without any regard for the allowed induction foods. The information you are given when you ask questions is all designed to SELL products.
I've been a member of eDiets for several years. It started out as a terrific place with lots of support and their own eDiets diet. It has completely sold out and is now a "diet depot".
Don't waste your money!
  #5   ^
Old Sun, May-30-04, 06:02
Registered Member

Plan: KetoCarnivore
Stats: 206.6/178/160 Female 5'7
BF:awesome
Progress: 61%
Talking EDiets

funny, that site and signing up with them never entered my head.
  #6   ^
Old Sun, May-30-04, 07:30
Registered Member

Plan: simple low carb :)
Stats: 165/157/150 Female 67"
BF:Have a boyfriend!
Progress: 53%

I'd say get the book/s, and come to this site daily.
  #7   ^
Old Sun, May-30-04, 08:09

Stats: 215/215/150 Female 68 inches
BF:
Default What I decided to do...

A friend of mine does the ediet diet. She really likes it. When you sign up it's for 3 months, but you can quit after the first month and only pay for that month if you don't like it. I decided to try it for the first month and see if it helps me at all.

I noticed that they used bread and tortillas during induction too. I didn't want to eat them so they give you the option to change your meal plan. I chose recipes that were induction friendly.

I let you know how I do and if I like any of the recipes.
Christine
  #8   ^
Old Sun, May-30-04, 08:55
Registered Member

Plan: low carb/low fat
Stats: 255/236/155 Female 5 ft. 9 in.
BF:32%/?/20%
Progress: 19%

I like e-diets. I have been a member for about a month now. It may seem expensive, but for me it is worth it not to get bored. It not only gives you meal plans for a meal, a day or a week at at time, but gives you the option of substituting any menu with other low carb menus. You have other options such as all convenience foods, all recipes you can cook from scratch or a combination plan. Plus you can say which meals you want to eat out and it will give you the menus from Subway and other places. It also gives you the recipes for most of the dishes, plus a shopping list all which you can print out. It also has a place for your stats such as measurments and weight and a progress chart. plus lots of tips from an Atkins counselor. I love it. The only down side is the price. I am paying about $11.99 a month. But it sure saves a lot of time.
  #9   ^
Old Mon, May-31-04, 14:13

Plan: Mostly General
Stats: 235/235/170 Female 5 ft 4
BF:

Why do ediets when you can get the book and save yourself $12 or more a month? As for support, you've got it here. Meal plans? Here too as well as other places on the internet.

A great place for month by month low carb menus, plus some great recipes.
http://users3.ev1.net/~fontlady/menus.html
  #10   ^
Old Mon, May-31-04, 20:03
Airy Cats Eyes

Stats: 198/180/171 Female 5'5"
BF:diminishing daily
Progress: 67%

sorry to post this message in a public place, but Lisa--you have to clear out your messages if you want me to pm you. I'd much rather you visit my journal. You can write more and you can also start a journal of your own!
  #11   ^
Old Mon, May-31-04, 21:56
Registered Member

Stats: 203/182/130 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 29%
Default Variety

It's funny that some people have mentioned enjoying the variety of eDiets. I was bored silly with their menu plans, and much prefer using recipes from some good low-carb cookbooks or the recipe section on this site.
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Jun-01-04, 00:27

Stats: 234/160.8/150 Female 173
BF:37%/27%/23%
Progress: 87%

I did look at ediets initally, but am too cheap to pay money for something I can get for free out of the book, which I bought so there is where my $12 went.
Also, I felt that if I did not want to eat what they said, I would be "cheating" and then I would have added pressure about not doing the paid for diet right.
  #13   ^
Old Tue, Jun-01-04, 14:04

Plan: Mostly General
Stats: 235/235/170 Female 5 ft 4
BF:

Eriz, Darn, didn't even know it was blocked. Ok, I'll clear it out. Sorry for the touch of overkill. LOL